Mike Greenberg Flips out about Jets - Get Up

Rochesterfan

Greenie is not watchable and neither is ESPN most of the time. 

Mike and Mike became unlistenable to me because of the amount of time he spent talking those terrible Jets teams.  Here he spends no time talking about the Browns.  Who really wants to hear his adolescent and mindless bleating?   

He throws in the towel after 2 games.  What a bum. 

• Like (+1) 1

That was definitely a legit meltdown for Greeny. It's funny to watch. But at the same time, we have ALL been there. You know this to be true Bills fans. I don't know if we were 8 days into the season, but we have all been there. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am him. He is me. 

Really? Tell me about Golic! He seems like a fun guy to have a beer (or twelve) with on the golf course! 

I hate that ESPN messed that up, but what have they done right? 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Really? Tell me about Golic! He seems like a fun guy to have a beer (or twelve) with on the golf course! 

I hate that ESPN messed that up, but what have they done right? 

I typically listen to golic and wingo but I watch greeny on occasion. He’s so neurotic I relate to him 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I typically listen to golic and wingo but I watch greeny on occasion. He’s so neurotic I relate to him 

I now find myself watching/listening to Dan Patrick. He wasn’t even on my radar until ESPN screwed with what worked. I wonder what happened behind the scenes there. 

41 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Because Adam Gase pulled the groin of his best defensive player and then gave his franchise QB mono. All perfectly foreseeable!

I'm sure it'll all work out fine when everyone is healthy. His track record is impeccable. 

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Because Adam Gase pulled the groin of his best defensive player and then gave his franchise QB mono. All perfectly foreseeable!

1) He kinda did by sending him to cover John Brown deep (more so Greggggggo)

2) Let there not be footage of that

True. I wasn't saying he's a bust and he may very well be a good QB once he figures it out but from a Jet fans perspective and from what was expected its a tough one to swallow. It is amazing how a front office can derail a teams ability to contend. Gase/Williams/McGaughn had dumpster fire written all over it.  Us as Bills fans know this all too well which is why I'm so elated we have what we have in McBeane and the culture they've established. So refreshing watching them build this team through draft picks, good scouting and cap management.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm sure part of that breakdown was from the Bills ripping his heart out. He hates the Bills.

Then our win there is extra special.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBob said:

Those were the days, huh?  I was like 9-10 in that time frame. My brothers and I used to go with my dad. I remember games where we would be walking back to the car after the game, saying things like, “Well, at least we got to see them score a touchdown right in front of us today, right dad??”

I remember them getting their butts handed to them by the chargers in a mud bowl game. Middle of the fourth quarter, the game was out of reach, were soaking wet, and the only guy on the entire field with a clean uniform was John Hadl. The crowd started chanting, “Get Hadl dirty, get Hadl dirty.”  It took a couple of plays and the Bills finally sacked him. The place was as loud as if we had just scored the winning touchdown. Really pathetic. But that was how it was in those years. 

Great story! Please post more. 

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

Doesn't anyone besides me realize how close we came to losing to the Jets?

Doesn't anyone besides me think we WOULD have lost to the Jets if their MLB didn't get hurt?

I don't think there's any reason to think Darnold won't be a very good QB.  No QB can play well behind a bad O line and with a bad offensive game plan, and most QBs will have a tough time against the Bills D.  

But, with Darnold out for a month or so, I agree the season looks grim for the Jets.  I've been in that place myself with quite a few Bills teams.  

FWIW, I googled 2-0 contenders or pretenders to see what people were saying about the Bills.  I happened to get linked to a 2018 article.  Guess which AFCE team was 2-0 last year.  Miami.  So it is possible to collapse really really fast, if you have the right coach.

Of course, John. Everybody realizes it. Greenies pain isn’t about how close they were to winning, it’s about how crushing it was to lose that way.

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Mike Francesa on WFAN had a great line today to the effect that the Jets and Giants seasons are both over before baseball this year.

Love this line! Go Yankees!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Utah John said:

Doesn't anyone besides me think we WOULD have lost to the Jets if their MLB didn't get hurt?

What you're overlooking is that losing your MLB and a 16-point lead to a division rival IS essential Jetsness.  It may feel different from the Butt Fumble but it's really all the same thing.  This is what Jets karma is.

I'd be tempted to have some sympathy for Greenie -- he's a fan feeling a fan's pain, and we've all been there -- but what stops me is the unrealistic and overblown expectations people had around here in North Jersey.  They picked up Bell and Mosley, so hurray.  But they had a poor offensive line (anybody think they lured a broken-down Kahlil out of retirement out of strength?  Get real!), a so-so set of receivers (anybody think you can ride Crowder into the playoffs?  Get real!), and a simply awful defensive backfield, and local media spouts what a contender they are and playing the Bills in the opener is like having a fifth preseason game.

Yes I have an attitude.

12 hours ago, Utah John said:

I don't think there's any reason to think Darnold won't be a very good QB.  No QB can play well behind a bad O line and with a bad offensive game plan, and most QBs will have a tough time against the Bills D.  

But, with Darnold out for a month or so, I agree the season looks grim for the Jets.  I've been in that place myself with quite a few Bills teams.  

FWIW, I googled 2-0 contenders or pretenders to see what people were saying about the Bills.  I happened to get linked to a 2018 article.  Guess which AFCE team was 2-0 last year.  Miami.  So it is possible to collapse really really fast, if you have the right coach.

We almost beat ourselves against The Jets.  We gifted them 4 turnovers in the first half.

• Like (+1) 1

I love the meltdown. Of course we can relate, but I have zero sympathy for the over-hyped, over confident and over-rated Jets and their fans. 

No one gave a crap about us during the many seasons we experienced the same thing. It's nice to be on the other side for once and be able to point at the mess other teams are when we seem to be on the right track.

I'd be concerned about Darnold. He's got the potential to be a good QB but he may be in that situation where he's going to have a bunch of different coaches and systems early in his career and never develop fully. It's still very early but I have not been impressed by him so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

I'd be tempted to have some sympathy for Greenie -- he's a fan feeling a fan's pain, and we've all been there -- but what stops me is the unrealistic and overblown expectations people had around here in North Jersey.  They picked up Bell and Mosley, so hurray.  But they had a poor offensive line (anybody think they lured a broken-down Kahlil out of retirement out of strength?  Get real!), a so-so set of receivers (anybody think you can ride Crowder into the playoffs?  Get real!), and a simply awful defensive backfield, and local media spouts what a contender they are and playing the Bills in the opener is like having a fifth preseason game.

Well said.  We had our own forum members spouting off about how the Jets are so talented and would be a 10-6 (at least) team.  Many of us had the same questions you raise and were told things like "but what is McD's W/L record compared to Gase?"  That retort sounds so ridiculous at this moment it's hard to fathom.  Anyone who knows ONE SINGLE THING about leadership knew that Adam Gase is a douchebag of the highest degree and is destined for disaster.  He deserves everything that has happened to the Jets, and will hopefully find himself unceremoniously dumped to the curb after (or during) this season.

I do feel sorry for Greeny because this is his team, and he has no control over how the organization is run.  Just like we Bills fans have suffered over the years.

• Like (+1) 1