Have the Bengals become anyone's 2nd favorite team?

Another Fan

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Neither was the disgusting defeat in Cinci in 2016.    Both games might have cost the Bills a playoff trip those years.  Screw the Bungles.

All the donations made were great and such but the fawning over that guy for unintentionally helping the Bills qualify for a frickin' WC game with a lucky TD pass was kinda' embarrassing and speaks to how low the expectations became here under Ralph and the Rex portion of The Pegs ownership.

Bills beat the Bengals in 2016.  Not good years for both teams though 

I never liked the Bengals.  I don't really have another team that I root for.  There are teams that I never want to win and teams that if they win it does not bother me.  The Steelers used to be a team I did not mind if they won as long as it did not negatively impact the Bills but now I just don't want them to have any success.  When the franchise in Houston was the Oilers I did not mind if they won as long as it directly did not hurt the Bills.  They were another hard luck franchise like the Bills were at many times that I sympathized with.  But anymore it's the Bills and nobody else.  I don't even keep track of Green Bay even though I don't hate them.  

I liked them when they joined the AFL. Greg Cook was a special player. Read up on him.

I pulled for them in their 1st Super Bowl vs 49ers after they barely beat us in the Division round in ‘81. I liked Ken Anderson, who was so underrated. But I hated Boomer & Icky Woods. Not much has changed since but I lost my voice screaming for Daltons drama in B’more. Then they clubbed us like a baby seal on Dalton Appreciation Day. So we owe them now!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hello no.

No love for Donkey Dalton either...........people forget the Bengals coming into Buffalo in 2015 and shredding the Bills defense...........that was not a good 3 hours.   Neither was the disgusting defeat in Cinci in 2016.    Both games might have cost the Bills a playoff trip those years.  Screw the Bungles.

All the donations made were great and such but the fawning over that guy for unintentionally helping the Bills qualify for a frickin' WC game with a lucky TD pass was kinda' embarrassing and speaks to how low the expectations became here under Ralph and the Rex portion of The Pegs ownership.

Totally agree with the highlighted parts. 

The rest is a reach.

2015 - Yes, Dalton shredded them, but they still needed a couple more wins to qualify for the playoffs. 

2016 the Bills beat the Bengals 16-12.

As for embarrassing, that couldn't be farther from the truth.  You really are in the minority on this one. 

But overall, screw Cincinnati!  Never have and never will root for them (consistently ;))

7 hours ago, wagon127 said:

The 17 year playoff drought was embarrasing. Unfair to pin it all on Rex and the pegulas. Donating to charities for breaking it, was nationally recognized as honorable.... 

A couple years ago the bills beat the Jets in week 17, which led to the steelers making the playoffs. The steelers then sent Premanti Bros. Sandwiches to the Bills as a thank you. And this is the 6 time super bowl champion, pittsburgh steelers doing that!

Who was pinning the drought all on Rex and The Pegs?   Strawman alert!:rolleyes:

What I was saying was that those surprising losses to the Bengals in 2015 & 2016 were killers to the Bills playoff chances...........win those and everything else aside that's likely 3 straight winning seasons from 2014-2016 under Marrone/Rex and The Pegs(presuming Rex doesn't quit on the eve of a potential playoff trip and the Bills don't tank that 2016 Jets game by sitting Tyrod).

The 2015 game with Cinci was supposed to be competitive but seemed like a game to reasonably expect a W............but the Bengals just passed at will and the Bills never challenged them........then they mocked the Bills defense in postgame PC.    The 2016 game was supposed to be an easy W for the Bills and turned into a frustrating defeat.

4 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Totally agree with the highlighted parts. 

The rest is a reach.

2015 - Yes, Dalton shredded them, but they still needed a couple more wins to qualify for the playoffs. 

2016 the Bills beat the Bengals 16-12.

As for embarrassing, that couldn't be farther from the truth.  You really are in the minority on this one. 

But overall, screw Cincinnati!  Never have and never will root for them (consistently ;))

That's my bad I am thinking about the awful loss in Cinci in 2017.........they left one on the table against a bad Cinci team.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's my bad I am thinking about the awful loss in Cinci in 2017.........they left one on the table against a bad Cinci team.

No worries, damn they play the Bengals a lot!  In 2017, they were 3-1 going into that game.  Could have totally eliminated all the Dalton love as it might not have been needed.

But bottom line, to hell with the Bengals...

GO BILLS!

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hell no.

No love for Donkey Dalton either...........people forget the Bengals coming into Buffalo in 2015 and shredding the Bills defense...........that was not a good 3 hours.   Neither was the disgusting defeat in Cinci in 2016.    Both games might have cost the Bills a playoff trip those years.  Screw the Bungles.

^^^ This!   Bravo! ???