Have the Bengals become anyone's 2nd favorite team?

Another Fan

46 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I don't have a second favorite team, but I'll probably always wish Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd well when they're not playing against us.

Dalton is a GREAT person 

I just have no respect for mike brown. There are HS teams in Ohio with better facilities than those cats. Not only don’t they have an indoor practice facility they don’t even have a bubble that they can use. This is Ohio - the weather is maniacal! I’ll never understand mike brown. They are so cheap they paint their helmets. All other teams have decals that they put on each week so they look fresh but noooo not the cheaps. 

• Haha (+1) 1

No.

I think this is kinda dumb.  Bills have helped other teams several times. Like when we beat Fitz and the Jets, the Steelers got in.  Did we become their second favorite team?  Doubtful.

I look at it this way. Had Joe Webb not completed the bomb to Thompson in the snow bowl and the following play Richie springing Shady with a great block, or if we  hadn't come from 7 back at the 2:00 warning to win by 3 in regulation vs Bucs, we wouldn't have made it even with Andy.   I think the things we did had the most to do with it.

I have never understood the Dalton love. Sure it was fun and exciting watching him beat the Ravens on that play, but let’s give credit where credit is due.

The BILLS ground out on 9 hard wins. They had heart and and won the games they needed to. Did we get a little lucky 9 wins was good enough? Sure.

but we had missed the playoffs for like 20 seasons before that. We have certainly had our fair share of bad luck. That season with Tyrod and Shady, 9 was enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dalton is a GREAT person 

I just have no respect for mike brown. There are HS teams in Ohio with better facilities than those cats. Not only don’t they have an indoor practice facility they don’t even have a bubble that they can use. This is Ohio - the weather is maniacal! I’ll never understand mike brown. They are so cheap they paint their helmets. All other teams have decals that they put on each week so they look fresh but noooo not the cheaps. 

Wow, I didn't know that. That's just crazy

5 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I merely ask that question as I'm curious if the Andy Dalton/Bengals love has just about died out from almost two years ago.  I mean I'm paraphrasing but the night the drought was broken many posters here proclaimed they would be eternally grateful to the Bengals.  

Certainly last year at the preseason game between the Bengals the love was still evident.  Two years later though in a regular season game though?  I'm thinking a lot of the love died out for a team for the most part fans didn't have a strong opinion one way or another.

I'm not sure about this year but if things keep progressing the way they are, we certainly won't need others teams help like that to make the playoffs!

Hell no.

No love for Donkey Dalton either...........people forget the Bengals coming into Buffalo in 2015 and shredding the Bills defense...........that was not a good 3 hours.   Neither was the disgusting defeat in Cinci in 2016.    Both games might have cost the Bills a playoff trip those years.  Screw the Bungles.

All the donations made were great and such but the fawning over that guy for unintentionally helping the Bills qualify for a frickin' WC game with a lucky TD pass was kinda' embarrassing and speaks to how low the expectations became here under Ralph and the Rex portion of The Pegs ownership.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hell no.

No love for Donkey Dalton either...........people forget the Bengals coming into Buffalo in 2015 and shredding the Bills defense...........that was not a good 3 hours.   Neither was the disgusting defeat in Cinci in 2016.    Both games might have cost the Bills a playoff trip those years.  Screw the Bungles.

All the donations made were great and such but the fawning over that guy for unintentionally helping the Bills qualify for a frickin' WC game with a lucky TD pass was kinda' embarrassing and speaks to how low the expectations became here under Ralph and the Rex portion of The Pegs ownership.

The 17 year playoff drought was embarrasing. Unfair to pin it all on Rex and the pegulas. Donating to charities for breaking it, was nationally recognized as honorable.... 

A couple years ago the bills beat the Jets in week 17, which led to the steelers making the playoffs. The steelers then sent Premanti Bros. Sandwiches to the Bills as a thank you. And this is the 6 time super bowl champion, pittsburgh steelers doing that!

No.

My second was the Montana led 49ers and the Seahawks dating back to the AFC West days and long before I moved to Portland.  

That said, now I really have no second favorite.  My second favorite would be whatever the game of the week is in college football.  Rarely if ever do I watch more than a few minutes of any non Bills NFL game even the primetime games.  Hell I'm still in the car driving home from work for night games on Thurs, Sun, and Mon.

But a great game in college on a Saturday morning.  Usually I will find a way to watch.