Add one player to this team

Virgil

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’m honestly shocked to hear so many defensive options. Team was 2nd last year and top 5 this year.  But to each their own. 

As for Mahomes, I wonder what he’d be like outside of Reid’s system. I’m sure very good, still just saying. 

To me, I go offense to create one more piece for the defense to worry about and free up other things.  

I didn’t think about Hopkins.  That makes me reconsider my pick, but I think I’m sticking with Barkley 

Did every other QB under Reid throw for 5,000 yards & 50+ TD's with a 66% completion percentage, in what was their first season as a starter (essentially a rookie)? Think of how many records he broke last year, and think of how quickly he's on pace to break countless more. How many QB's under Reid have ever had seasons that good? That's only his first season as a starter...imagine how good he'll be years from now.

And if you ever watched him in college, you'll realize he was doing the exact same thing, and people were also saying similar things like "system QB" or "because he's playing in Kliff's offense." 

But when you draft a QB, you hope they can produce like they did in college, only now take it to the next level & do it in the pros. You see that amazing ability and think "damn, if he could do that in the NFL, he'd be a franchise guy!" and that's exactly what Mahomes is doing. 

This is the main thing that worries me about Allen. If you took how he played in college at his absolute best, then got him to play just as good as he did at his peak in college, you'd only have a pretty solid QB. So instead, we're hoping to turn Allen into something he's never shown he can be, and hoping it's done by a defensive minded HC... the same guy who was so good at evaluating QB talent that he thought we were set going into last season with a QB corps of 5th round pick Nathan Peterman as the starter, and a rookie as the backup. 

Anyway, Allen has looked solid in parts of games this year (still hasn't put together a strong game start to finish yet), but it's not like we've had great competition. Up next is the Bengals, so between them, the Jets & the Giants they're 0-6. Then again, you can only play who is on your schedule, and as long as the team keeps doing enough to beat who is put in front of them, I'll be happy. 

Still rather have Mahomes 10 out of 10 times, but if I could just see Allen outplay Mahomes one Sunday in the entire season, I'll be impressed.

Edited by BigDingus

26 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Well, the words “poof” and make believe land being the operative preconditions here, then I’ll go 1990 version of Bruce Smith. Hey, 19 sacks would pair nicely with Hughes on the other side to torment Brady, imho. 

Bruce would draw so much attention by himself...freeing almost every body up!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Hallelujah! All hail Beane! 

I know some say you can turn it around faster, but I LOVE what they have done. No one is perfect, but they had a plan and were efficient. 

What Beane has done so far looks promising and is a good start,  that's as far as I'll go.

With Sunday's win, they are now .500 which is exactly where we were the 3 years before they got here. Time to deliver.

I'll say all hail Beane when we win our first playoff game at home.

Beat the Bengals. Go BILLS !!

Edited by reddogblitz

57 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

What Beane has done so far looks promising and is a good start,  that's as far as I'll go.

With Sunday's win, they are now .500 which is exactly where we were the 3 years before they got here. Time to deliver.

I'll say all hail Beane when we win our first playoff game at home.

Beat the Bengals. Go BILLS !!

If you don’t feel  the difference in talent level and the sense of a plan, I don’t know what to tell you and I won’t try to change your mind. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Patrick Mahomes.

That, or Tom Brady.

Not to go too far off-topic, but here's an interesting question which would make a good thread on its own...

If Tom Brady magically became a Bill tomorrow and was absorbed into the salary cap, etc., would the Bills--just as they are, plus Brady--be good enough to win the Super Bowl this year?

Edited by Nextmanup

1 minute ago, Augie said:

If you don’t feel  the difference in talent level and the sense of a plan, I don’t know what to tell you and I won’t try to change your mind. 

I said it looks promising.  

Just not ready to crown anyone until there are some hides on the wall. Something like a home playoff win.  

Never confuse effort with results.

And I don't necessarily think this team is more talented than the 2014 - 2016 teams especially at DLine,  WR,  DB, and RB.  Our coach is better and I'm hoping that makes the difference.