Add one player to this team

Virgil

I've been thinking this for a while: We need a real playmaker in a skill position on offense. We’re beautifully deep, as a football team. Our offensive skill positions are consistent. But, we just don't have a marquee player (other than Josh!) on offense-- someone who Josh can throw to in tight coverage, and they'll come down with the ball. Smoke Brown is almost that player, but not quite.

Edited by Rocky Landing

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Add an elite pass rushing DE and an Elite WR and this team is...woah boy

Absolutely. It just seems to be more evident now. Take those final steps, plug in those remaining pieces. We already know that Beane realizes it and he attempted to be proactive already. 

Limiting myself to current players, I would go with a young star at the beginning of what I hope would be a great career.  Mahomes is certainly a reasonable option.  He looks like he might end up being a top 2 or 3 QB all time when all is said and done.  Myles Garrett is another possibility.  I don't like his propensity to collect personal foul penalties, but as another poster said Frazier and McDermott may be able to coach that out of him.  Saquon Barkley is tempting.  I like what Singletary has done, but there's no comparison to Barkley, who's bigger, faster, stronger and just as elusive.  I think I would go with Garrett.  He would make a good defense a terrifying defense and give the Bills an elite pass rush for the next 10 years.

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Patrick Mahomes.

Yep and it’s not even close. Top tier QB who is at the very beginning of his career.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

For those who chose Mahomes, there is no doubt he is a great player so far in his career. To me, however, we have John Brown and Cole Beasley as our two main pass catchers. Do you want to add Pat Mahomes and Zay Jones to them, or Josh Allen and Deandre Hopkins. I think we are better with Allen and Hopkins.

Mahommes is a sure fire top 2-3 QB. We’re all just hoping Allen gets there. He’s on the right trajectory but in magical land I’d cut out the doubt and just grab Mahommes and worry about upgrading WR at a later date.

6 minutes ago, MDH said:

Yep and it’s not even close. Top tier QB who is at the very beginning of his career.

Mahommes is a sure fire top 2-3 QB. We’re all just hoping Allen gets there. He’s on the right trajectory but in magical land I’d cut out the doubt and just grab Mahommes and worry about upgrading WR at a later date.

I like Mahomes a lot, but he did nothing with Kelvin Benjamin either. He doesn't have half the season he had last year if he is on the Bills. Probably less than half, with those OL, WR, TE, RB, blocking and coaching compared to his.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I like Mahomes a lot, but he did nothing with Kelvin Benjamin either. He doesn't have half the season he had last year if he is on the Bills. Probably less than half, with those OL, WR, TE, RB, blocking and coaching compared to his.

Hill goes down, no problem, Sammy looks all pro. Take Sammy away the following week, he drops dimes down field into Demarcus Robinson’s hands. The guy makes everyone around him better. John Brown would be in the Pro Bowl if Mahommes was his QB (to be fair, I think he might make it with Allen.)

Mahommes is special. I know it hurts to admit it because he was there for the taking for the Bills but we don’t have to be in denial. Allen might get there, but he’s not there yet and there’s a chance he never reaches that level.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MDH said:

Hill goes down, no problem, Sammy looks all pro. Take Sammy away the following week, he drops dimes down field into Demarcus Robinson’s hands. The guy makes everyone around him better. John Brown would be in the Pro Bowl if Mahommes was his QB (to be fair, I think he might make it with Allen.)

Mahommes is special. I know it hurts to admit it because he was there for the taking for the Bills but we don’t have to be in denial. Allen might get there, but he’s not there yet and there’s a chance he never reaches that level.

It doesn't hurt to admit it, I watched Mahomes in college absolutely kill my team. My point is we had an absymal team last year on offense across the board. It also helps to have Andy Reed teaching him and running the offense, and Not McDermott, a WR coach and Daboll (who is decent but not the coaching that Mahomes is getting). Mahomes is well ahead of Josh without question right now, and QB is the most important position. I understand your point. But adding Hopkins instead of Zay Jones to Brown and Beasley?