It's never just a couple of players

foreboding

Looking back at the pre-season, the Jet's were getting so much hype. Why?

Because they added a couple of players to a roster that didn't win all that many games last year. Big deal.

There were people that also thought Barkley in year 2 would make the Giants something more than they are. Not looking good at the moment. Too much draft capita spent on one player who doesn't throw.

You always need a team, top to bottom, with depth. Even at QB. Matt Ryan was absurd last year and they didn't even finish .500. No depth, you will be a flash in the pan, because this is the NFL and there will always be injuries. Our 2019 Bills team feels like it is built properly with B+, high effort players all throughout the roster, no "look at me" overpaid diva's. You know, kind of how the Pats build their teams every single year (I think the AB thing is 100% about their concern for the Chiefs and a closing window).

Look at the best teams at the end, each year. Many good players all through the roster- but more important, guys who bust their ass every single play. "Do their job."

We aren't the Pats because...Tom and Bill. But if we can be a cut below them, we are at least in the damn conversation! That is enough for me, right now.

The band-aid fixes this team has tried in the past and teams we see around the NFL just don't seem to do much.

Edited by foreboding
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Well actually it was Sam Darnold that was supposed to lift them.

He was supposed to get better, but leveon (12m a year), Mosely, they were gonna give them the next level to "challenge the Pats"

Edited by foreboding

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

No one expected the Pats to be like this.

No, but does that even matter in our division? The national media can tout whatever they want, we all knew the Pats are king of this division and I never expected the jets to contend because they added Le'Veon and Mosley, but the national media sure love them (and of course, Darnold).

I said it before the season started that the Jets could start out 0-7 if they lost to us and the media's heads would explode. They have a tough stretch right out the gate. I didn't expect it to go south this quickly from Darnold getting mono, to the injuries, to Gase throwing everyone under the bus though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just goes to show you that the whole “culture” thing is not garbage. Talented players mean nothing if you do not have the right people up top. Having LeVeon Bell or Jalen Ramsey means nothing without the right leadership.

Mick has done good here, he’s done real good. When he came here the flock was scattered, he rounded up his sheep and has acted as a good shepherd for his players. I feel bad for the Sam Darnolds of the world; good players with no guidance, no amount of talent can overcome having a wolf like Gase or Marrone leading your franchise.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sunshower said:

Just goes to show you that the whole “culture” thing is not garbage. Talented players mean nothing if you do not have the right people up top. Having LeVeon Bell or Jalen Ramsey means nothing without the right leadership.

Mick has done good here, he’s done real good. When he came here the flock was scattered, he rounded up his sheep and has acted as a good shepherd for his players. I feel bad for the Sam Darnolds of the world; good players with no guidance, no amount of talent can overcome having a wolf like Gase or Marrone leading your franchise.

Culture?  Maybe.  Not fixing the terrible Oline?  Most likely.  The Bill's changed everyone around Allen on a terrible offense.  The Offense only needs to be middle of the road for Buffalo to be good.  That's the case.  The benefit of Allen,  once teams catch on like they did vs Fitz.  Allen can launch piss missiles down the feild.