Strength of Schedule

Orlando Tim

I know pro schedules usually do not allow for big comparisons but I am looking at our schedule and it is lined up for at least 7  wins- Jets(2), Phins(2), Cinci, Washington and NYG. I will bet that few teams in history had more games where simply being average meant such a high chance of victory. Anything less than 10-6 at this point would be a huge disappointment. Also we only have 3 games where we should be real dogs. 

...pre-season SOS is a joke.....here we are in week 2 and already Ben is gone, Brees is out for 6 wks, Darnold for a couple, Eli is on the pine, Fins are playing HS ball, Falk now a starter as is Rudolph, AB is a Patsie, etc.......stuff changes overnight....would be interesting for a TBD statistical guru to pick any year and compare pre-season SOS to end of season, ACTUAL SOS........

• Like (+1) 2

I’ve liked what I’ve seen from this team. However we have beaten 2 of probably the bottom 5 teams in the league by a whopping 15 points. Until the defense neutralizes a very good offense, or the offense can go toe to toe in a shoot out, I still think we are hovering around .500. 

Cincy will I’ll be an interesting test. The. Seahawks should be decent this year (and built similarly to us) and they played them tough. Then got smoked by the 49ers. So we don’t know a ton about who is good right now. Just who is absolutely bottom of the barrel. 

For perspective, if the Bills win Sunday, and assuming the Giants really are terrible, Bills opponents will be 0-9. Not what anybody would call impressive. We could be the real deal. We could also have NE work us at home 42-17. We know nothing yet. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 6

32 minutes ago, Mango said:

I’ve liked what I’ve seen from this team. However we have beaten 2 of probably the bottom 5 teams in the league by a whopping 15 points. Until the defense neutralizes a very good offense, or the offense can go toe to toe in a shoot out, I still think we are hovering around .500. 

Cincy will I’ll be an interesting test. The. Seahawks should be decent this year (and built similarly to us) and they played them tough. Then got smoked by the 49ers. So we don’t know a ton about who is good right now. Just who is absolutely bottom of the barrel. 

For perspective, if the Bills win Sunday, and assuming the Giants really are terrible, Bills opponents will be 0-9. Not what anybody would call impressive. We could be the real deal. We could also have NE work us at home 42-17. We know nothing yet. 

you only have to beat the team you face each week

can't argue much against 2-0, probably 3-0 after the next game

there will be plenty of time to blast the team if they lose games to bad teams.....

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I know pro schedules usually do not allow for big comparisons but I am looking at our schedule and it is lined up for at least 7  wins- Jets(2), Phins(2), Cinci, Washington and NYG. I will bet that few teams in history had more games where simply being average meant such a high chance of victory. Anything less than 10-6 at this point would be a huge disappointment. Also we only have 3 games where we should be real dogs. 

5 of next 6 at home

thrn 2 winnable road games at clevrland snd at Miami.

they can be 7-3 or better

finidh 3-3 and should have a very good shot at playoffs.

thry go 4-4 on road snd 6-3at home thry can be 10-6

they go 3-1 against both divisions and 1-1 against non common . Go 4-2 they are 11-5.

road wins...fins

can win..browns, titans , Steelers 

roag losses..cowboys, patriots 

home wins...fins, jets,  broncos, redskins , Bengals 

can win...Baltimore, Philadelphia, New England 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

TEN? CLE? PIT?

34 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

The good thing about starting with a soft schedule is you dont need to be perfect to win.  2 road wins in the bank, and one more week to to improve before bringing in the Pats.

Im excited!!!!!!!

We play the Bengals before the Pats. You may see it as a fore drawn conclusion,  but the game still has yet to be played. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought we had an easy schedule since it came out. But I'm sure all our opponents saw the Bills on their schedule and said "That should be a win."

Every year, even the winning teams lose some they should win and win some they should lose.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

The Jets game was a bit fluky with the early turnovers, but I understand your point. Bigger tests await. The team did look considerably better than their opponents these first two weeks, and we always say good teams take care of business against bad ones. They did just that, so I remain optimistic. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

We play the Bengals before the Pats. You may see it as a fore drawn conclusion,  but the game still has yet to be played. 

Im not counting it as a win yet, but do view it as winable especially at home. And, win or loose its still 1 more week to improve before facing the Pats.  

7 hours ago, Big C said:

The Jets game was a bit fluky with the early turnovers, but I understand your point. Bigger tests await. The team did look considerably better than their opponents these first two weeks, and we always say good teams take care of business against bad ones. They did just that, so I remain optimistic. 

Agreed. Not ripping or hating on the team. We, and the league, have seen a lot of 2-0 starts only to win 7 games. 

11 hours ago, Mango said:

Great post all the way around.

Agree with every word of it.