Could CBS move Bills-Pats to 4pm? (UPDATE: Yes but would have to decide today!)

PromoTheRobot

McDermott and Beaner would say “No”. Shawn and Brandon have a tradition: After 1pm home games, they hit Denny’s before 5pm for the early bird special and then go hiking at Chestnut Ridge Park. There’s no way they’ll let the NFL interrupt that process. 

Plus, Brady needs to check out of the Motel 6 at 11am sharp. What would he do for 3-4 hours?? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

NFL rules re: TV games says yes. Late game Week 4 are Jags/Broncos (woof) and Bears/Vikes. Does the home team have a say?

thought that started in week 5, and i believe they have to give at least twelve days except for final week of season..but i could be wrong on both those counts

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

thought that started in week 5, and i believe they have to give at least twelve days except for final week of season..but i could be wrong on both those counts

You are correct. http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

"Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL has the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.  For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET."

Today is 12 days out.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You are correct. http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

"Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL has the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.  For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET."

Today is 12 days out.

yes, but that last sentence is curious..does that mean the twelve day does not apply if only moved to 4:25? hmm

Just now, Warcodered said:

I thought you were talking about the second one that isn't determined yet didn't know they could really move the first one around.

I was wondering because this is shaping up to be an early season showdown. You'd think CBS would want to showcase it.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I was wondering because this is shaping up to be an early season showdown. You'd think CBS would want to showcase it.

Vikings- Bears at this point holds way more national appeal for CBS..(btw, still getting used to the rule that that game can be on CBS)..way bigger cities for the two games involved and CBS needs to take advantage of those games in the bigger NFC cities.

Not a chance of this moving

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Vikings- Bears at this point holds way more national appeal for CBS..(btw, still getting used to the rule that that game can be on CBS)..way bigger cities for the two games involved and CBS needs to take advantage of those games in the bigger NFC cities.

Not a chance of this moving

I agree.  The Chicago market is too big to give up at 4:25.  Bills-NE will be the top early game though.

33 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

If it means we get Romo, I'm in favor

I am at the game so I don't care who calls it.

I hope you get Iron Eagle and Rich (I used to have a Cannon) Gannon ;) 

Edited by JMF2006

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I am at the game so I don't care who calls it.

I hope you get Iron Eagle and Rich (I used to have a Cannon) Gannon ;) 

I’ll be at the opener this week, but you just reminded/spurred me to set up the recording. Gracias. 

• Haha (+1) 1