Allen Town - This week's Fan article in BuffNews

Kelly the Dog

good write up but a bit over the top homerish, how about this line, "Allen missed John Brown by 10 yards on a bomb and sure TD in the second quarter. So what? " So what?  Missing a guy by 10 yards for a TD is a very very big deal, it doesnt resonate since we won by two TDs but that is not the type of thing a starting NFL QB should do.

11 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

A bit syrup-ish, but I get where Kelly is going with the article. Buffalo embraces players like this, and we have every right to believe he could be a star in the making.

Keep it up Josh!

When he is announced coming on the field the place is going to erupt 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, finn said:

Apologies to Kelly for my post: I didn't realize it was from one of our own and did not intend disrespect. 

No problem. You should say what you mean. I don’t take any offense. It did go over the top but that was kind of the point. And I also said it’s not a sure thing he will be great, he hasn’t done anything yet, and listed a bunch of things he needs to do a lot better. ;)

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

good write up but a bit over the top homerish, how about this line, "Allen missed John Brown by 10 yards on a bomb and sure TD in the second quarter. So what? " So what?  Missing a guy by 10 yards for a TD is a very very big deal, it doesnt resonate since we won by two TDs but that is not the type of thing a starting NFL QB should do.

It didn’t resonate because he scored a TD on that drive. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It didn’t resonate because he scored a TD on that drive. ;)

Paradoxically (or is it ironically???), he getting hurt last year and forced to sit out a number of games gave him time to study the offense and be more prepared when he played at the end of the season. That set the stage for him to better work on his game in the offseason and in camp. Also, having Barkley and Derek Anderson last year as mentor showed him how to properly prepare for games. 

There are a lot of ingredients that go into developing a qb. The biggest accelerant in that process is having a good OL. It's tough to learn when you are constantly under siege. If you are going to invest in a qb and want to get a better and quicker return you need to have a credible line in front of him. And that's exactly what this organization focused on this offseason. 

Edited by JohnC

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Paradoxically (or is it ironically???), he getting hurt last year and forced to sit out a number of games gave him time to study the offense and be more prepared when he played at the end of the season. That set the stage for him to better work on his game in the offseason and in camp. Also, having Barkley and Derek Anderson last year as mentor showed him how to properly prepare for games. 

There are a lot of ingredients that go into developing a qb. The biggest accelerant in that process is having a good OL. It's tough to learn when you are constantly under siege. If you are going to invest in a qb and want to get a better and quicker return you need to have a credible line in front of him. And that's exactly what this organization focused on this offseason. 

No doubt. Although they really did him a disservice last year, especially at the beginning. I know you can't fix everything in one year but their choices were really bad almost across the board. This offseason, they did it right.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

There was a time where all I wanted was that the Bills would never draft or trade for a QB from California ever again. Who knew a Cali QB could stiff arm a LB like #17 did on Sunday. After all these years we finally have our guy. Well done OBD. 

Cali QBs.jpg

California produces the best QBs.

Tom Brady , Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, Alex Smith , Jeff Garcia, Josh Allen, John elway, Warren moon, Troy aikman , jack kemp

• Like (+1) 1