Chick-Fil-A violating child labor laws

Just Jack

https://cnycentral.com/news/offbeat/5-year-old-gets-to-be-employee-at-chick-fil-a-for-the-day

For two hours, 5-year-old Mark Silcox was employed by Chick-fil-A in Toledo, Ohio where he got to wash tables, take orders, hold the doors open for customers and even got to make Chick-fil-A's new Caramel Frosted Coffee to hand out at the drive-thru.

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Ehh, I bet my sneakers were made by a kid about his age in Indonesia.  

I worked at a bank where one of the tellers had a sick kid about that age. He couldn’t go to school, but the teller didn’t want to take off work. The clown of a manager allowed the kid to come in and spend the day with books and games in a little area behind the teller line.  That decision went from “bad” to “HORRIBLE” when the armed bank robbers came in and jumped over the teller line to rob the place. Oops! Nobody got hurt, other than his employment status. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Ehh, I bet my sneakers were made by a kid about his age in Indonesia.  

I worked at a bank where one of the tellers had a sick kid about that age. He couldn’t go to school, but the teller didn’t want to take off work. The clown of a manager allowed the kid to come in and spend the day with books and games in a little area behind the teller line.  That decision went from “bad” to “HORRIBLE” when the armed bank robbers came in and jumped over the teller line to rob the place. Oops! Nobody got hurt, other than his employment status. 

True story??  .... wow ....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

True story??  .... wow ....

The branch manager actually went to our church and was a decent but less than brilliant guy. He had kids in my son’s HS who were on the football team, but rarely played. Last game of senior year we played a much smaller school and were trying not to run up the score. Instead of passing or running my QB son his usual 30 times per game, they took out the starting RB and put his kid in. He was giddy to be out there.....until he started getting rocked on every carry! Too slow to run away, too soft and small to win a collision. You could see the life getting sucked out of him! (Denzel: Is football fun???)  I KNOW he wanted his spot on the sideline back! LOL

I’m not sure what the dad regretted more, a kid in an armed robbery, or his son getting physically abused against his wishes! It was priceless! They came up to us after the game with a WTF? How does your son do that every week? Well, our son did it against the big, scary teams! This was powder puff!  I told them to stop on the way home for a couple bags of ice, then record the noises that come out of the bathroom as they slip into the ice bath!   ?

15 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

The "my child is more unique than yours" has reached beyond epidemic proportions with social media.

It is not a good thing.

i try to avoid personal stuff from people i will never honestly care about

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

"A 5-year-old boy got his dream job for a day at Chick-fil-A on Saturday..."

Yikes

Hey, my dream job at 5 years old was garbage man. I'd only see them once a week, so I thought that was all they had to work. Of course, now, maybe that is the better job to have than what I'm doing now. 

• Haha (+1) 2