Isn't it a weird feeling to observe the incompetence of other teams from the POV of rooting for a competent team?

Logic

On 9/21/2019 at 3:23 PM, Richard Noggin said:

The operative question becomes: does this unusual feeling meet with doubts and cynicism at its outer reaches? 

For me? No. I'm fine enjoying the ride and analyzing what I see each week WITHOUT taking that toxic ride to self-preservation town. 

I was in 7th-10th grades for the Bills Superbowl debacles, and we were a devout family. But I've experienced enough in my 41 years (I know fans like you, Shaw, have seen much more) to know that none of this matters if it ain't fun. 

And I'm having fun this year. Who's with me?

The most sane response to something that in the end, is just entertainment.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:27 PM, nedboy7 said:

Well then I think it’s best not to put too much into these 2 road games against 2 incompetent franchises.  Let’s see how we do against the evil empire.  

On 9/17/2019 at 12:43 PM, Logic said:

With all due respect, even the Bills laying an egg against the Patriots wouldn't change the fact that the team is run with a competent, intelligent vision. Losing to the Patriots won't suddenly take away all the smart team-building that Beane and McDermott have done.

Respectfully, Ned, I do see your point, but I agree with Logic on this and frankly I’m tired of hearing/reading and seeing this.

”Oh, they’ve won some games, but until they beat the Patriots...”

”Yeah, but don’t get too excited, let’s see how they do against New England.”

Look, everybody has to beat the Patriots and few teams do.  I’m tired of us being thrown over the judgment pit  based upon beating the Patriots before we can be ALLOWED to enjoy our team’s success.  F that.  

While we are at it the “not picking Mahomes” thing is worn out, too.  Our franchise is currently well built, our 2nd year QB is 5-3 in his last 8 career starts and we are laughed at for passing on Mahomes, like we were the only team that didn’t pick him.

Given the way the Bears are currently built why doesn’t anyone chastise them for not picking Mahomes?  How many of you think Trabisky is better?

Don’t tell me this is conspiracy theory rantings, it’s pathetic the way this team is treated and viewed.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I guess your slavish devotion to, and rigorous defense of, all things Buffalo Bills doesn't extend to the Sabres, huh?

Why one but not the other?

Since the Bills last won a playoff game, the Sabres have won eleven playoff series.  

That's 44 games.

Which franchise sucks again?

The one that not once, but twice drafted "generational" talents because they sucked on ice. Literally.

The Bills, on the other hand, actually have competent coaching and management for a change. I could ask you the same question. Why are you defending a franchise that clearly DOES NOT have those things, while ripping the one that does?

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Bruh, I’ve followed Joe for many moons, and you can hardly use the term “slavish” with a straight face—he’s called out the FO for some FA decisions as well as on draft day (on record for wanting #1 marquee WR that we never got), and has had plenty to poo poo about certain Bills alumni along the way. Just sayin’. I find his acerbic wit and analysis mostly spot on, but that’s just me. 

BTW, I also enjoy reading many of your takes on the Bills that are often well thought out even if I disagree with ultimate conclusions just as often, FWIW. 

This. I'm still smarting over them not taking Metcalf, and think that could be a serious error. But I'm gonna trust the process and HOPE they take a WR in round one next year (when it's supposedly strong at the position).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

But...you're a fan of soccer.

now THAT sucks.

Nah. American sports always remind me of something my mate who works in TV says - "in tv it never matters how many bad ideas you have, just that you have that one good one." 

You guys had four goes at creating national sports and three of those, to varying degrees (I can just about watch basketball at a push) suck. But you got american football spot on and for that I am very grateful. ?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Nah. American sports always remind me of something my mate who works in TV says - "in tv it never matters how many bad ideas you have, just that you have that one good one." 

You guys had four goes at creating national sports and three of those, to varying degrees (I can just about watch basketball at a push) suck. But you got american football spot on and for that I am very grateful. ?

Baseball is a thinking man's game. A better cricket.

Yeah hoops kinda suck. But hockey is a Canadian invention, so..... ?

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This. I'm still smarting over them not taking Metcalf, and think that could be a serious error. But I'm gonna trust the process and HOPE they take a WR in round one next year (when it's supposedly strong at the position).

You're STILL bitching about this?

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Baseball is a thinking man's game. A better cricket.

Yeah hoops kinda suck. But hockey is a Canadian invention, so..... ?

You watching baseball lately?

cavemen swinging from the heels no matter what the situation and 14 pitchers for each team each game throwing them cookies all game long

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

cavemen swinging from the heels no matter what the situation and 14 pitchers for each team each game throwing them cookies all game long

yeah, not a fan of that.

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're STILL bitching about this?

LOL the point is, I'm not  a pure company-line guy.

I just don't think constant crusading criticism is good for anything.

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

yeah, not a fan of that.

LOL the point is, I'm not  a pure company-line guy.

I just don't think constant crusading criticism is good for anything.

Baseball will get closer to normal.  The league screwed up with the juiced ball.  It's unfortunate.  However, there has still been some fantastic baseball this season.

And Joe -  I was just busting balls, bro!!!!