Isn't it a weird feeling to observe the incompetence of other teams from the POV of rooting for a competent team?

Logic

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Little premature don't you think? 

Everything looks good now, but it's a long season my friend. See the 2008, and 2011 seasons. 

No TBD thread is complete until ScottLaw comes in and poops in the middle of the floor.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't know what you're talking about. McBeane is lost out here. We need to fire everybody ~ Pre-Season posters

That's funny, but I think some fans forget that this is McBeane's first head coaching job & he's learning also---I think he's getting better.

57 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Little premature don't you think? 

Everything looks good now, but it's a long season my friend. See the 2008, and 2011 seasons. 

You just made his point.  The front office and coaching staff were totally incompetent in those years.  There was no clear cut plan.  It was scattershot, patchwork roster building and poor talent evaluation.

1) Despite what Schopp says, “football character” matters...i.e. drafting and signing players that WANT to play ball rather than just cash in on endorsements and self-promotion (Brown, Jalen Ramsey, etc)

2) When you build a team with your own draft picks and interviews, you know the members of the team will run through a wall for each other - rather than bellyaching about record, coaches etc. 

3) Dolphins are cleaning house in an abrupt manner. Building with their own draft picks but it looks like a TANK. Beane did it the right way...gradual elimination of problem children but remain competitive. 

Love these guys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

They did? I must have missed that.

Outscored 78-23 in first two games...........started Peterman on opening day?   Ring a bell?

They ended up getting blown out 7 times and having a -105 point differential........which is very bad,  if you didn't know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Looking around the NFL, I see stunning amounts of front office and team building incompetence. 

"Hey, our franchise has been slipping steadily over the years and it looks like the bottom just dropped out with an ugly 0-2 start and our franchise QB out for the year... what should we do?"

"I know, let's trade our #1 pick this coming draft for a slot corner!"

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

For a long time Bills fans have been making fun about the Bills and some complain about opposing fans/media doing so (the other "Bills fans" just raise their voice to make fun louder).  I think it is time for horns to be on outside and not be bickering Bills fans.   Some will continue anyways but they have not been Bills fans for a long time.

Some of the sociopathic stuff you've said on here and said you've done to others...........true or not........sheesh..........nobody should care what you like..........in fact if you like it it's probably wrong.:lol:

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

McClappy or McClappity could be considered fairly insulting, and I suppose some use it that way. Nothing too major, though. I simply couldn't care less about whether a coach claps, says "obviously" too much, or whatever. Those are just low level BS insults used by those that those not capable of commenting intelligently about the football aspects of the head coach. 

How can you get into something good without the clapping?

We really can't lose to the Bengals if we want to be taken seriously.

It was only a couple years ago we started off 3-1, then lost to the Bengals who were 1-3 (only win being against the 0-16 Browns) at the time.

Dalton is chunking the ball everywhere, but our pass defense is our strong suit, so hopefully we can keep them in check. Can't afford to lose to an 0-2 team when next week we'll be playing the Pats. It'll make for a much more interesting game too if the Pats & Bills are facing off at 3-0 each. 

Granted, we almost always lose to the Pats, but if we can at least make it a close team, there's still something to be gained from a loss.

Just now, row_33 said:

better clapping than the Jauron 10 mile death stare or the others since Marv standing there going DUH!!! the whole time (Wade was good but also a DUH guy)

No...the clapping is just annoying no matter how you look at it lol.

Especially when an O-linemen commits yet another penalty or something...I'd rather see him rip into the guy then just continuously clap away.

25 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

No...the clapping is just annoying no matter how you look at it lol.

Especially when an O-linemen commits yet another penalty or something...I'd rather see him rip into the guy then just continuously clap away.

it's not the trademark of a hardass

watched the documentary on Terry Bradshaw the other night, Chuck Noll never said anything nice or gave out a hug

38 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

How can you get into something good without the clapping?

:lol:  One of the "Hermits" plays in a bar band down here.

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

better clapping than the Jauron 10 mile death stare or the others since Marv standing there going DUH!!! the whole time (Wade was good but also a DUH guy)

30 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Thankfully, what you want is irrelevant.

All of this is irrelevant! Completely and utterly meaningless.  Clap, stare, jump rope, whatever. None of it matters. Have you seen Belicheat on the sideline? Chuck Noll? Bud Grant? 

Judge them on their coaching ability/record. Forget the trivial BS.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm not pooping on anything.... just thought Bills fans would know to temper their enthusiasm with success out the gate given previous seasons. 

I like how Allen and the team looks and how the schedule sets up but it's a long season and we've seen it before.??

It's like people can't tell the difference between me saying "I like how the management of the Bills seems to be more competent than its been in 20 years" and me saying "OMGz BiLls SUPER BOWL 2020 AnD BeeeyOnd!!!1".

If you scroll up a bit from your original comment, you'll see me tell the same thing to three other people that told me to temper my enthusiasm: I don't need to see any more to know that the Bills are in good hands. Them losing a few games won't suddenly make me change course on the job that Beane and McDermott have done building this team. I'm not a reactionary, slave-of-the-moment nitwit. I know good team management when I see it.

In other words, I'm not tempering *****.

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

His take seems logical. 

Only if you don't know the difference between "it appears the Bills are a well run organization" and "BILLS ARE WINNING THE SUPER BOWL!!!"

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Outscored 78-23 in first two games...........started Peterman on opening day?   Ring a bell?

They ended up getting blown out 7 times and having a -105 point differential........which is very bad,  if you didn't know.

I remember that. It didn't make me stand up and say "this team management and coaching is pathetic". Context is important.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1