Isn't it a weird feeling to observe the incompetence of other teams from the POV of rooting for a competent team?

Logic

54 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yeah the idiots calling the coach McClappy and McBeane!

oooops!

27 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

I like McBeane.  I say it as a compliment.  They make a great team and I am glad we have them.

I find McClappy annoying because I know some mean it in a derogatory sense, but the man does like to clap.

I'll take Sean's clapping over this.

1657771892_download(44).thumb.jpg.6137e06807894cdb4ba0716712ae561c.jpg 

Agreed. In no way do I find "McBeane" an insult. It's a shorthand way  to talk about this management team (GM and HC) as they seem to be completely in step with each other. (At least so far.) Perhaps some use it differently, but I haven't noticed it.

McClappy or McClappity could be considered fairly insulting, and I suppose some use it that way. Nothing too major, though. I simply couldn't care less about whether a coach claps, says "obviously" too much, or whatever. Those are just low level BS insults used by those that those not capable of commenting intelligently about the football aspects of the head coach. 

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Dont get cocky just yet!

But it seems like the tide has turned and the new regime is the real thing. 

This is about the third "pump the brakes" response I've gotten, and here's the thing: I've ALREADY seen enough to show me that the Bills are now a well-run organization with a good plan in place. Seriously. I mean, sure, if they wind up 4-12 this year, then I guess the "not so fast" stuff is warranted. But I mean...isn't it obvious to anyone else how much more logical, competent, and coherent the Bills current front office is than anything else we've seen in the past 20 years? Why do I have to wait any longer to proclaim that?

Again, with all due respect to the more cautious folks, I've seen enough already to say that the Bills are being run the right way. Certainly better than the teams I listed in the OP.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

Agreed. In no way do I find "McBeane" an insult. It's a shorthand way  to talk about this management team (GM and HC) as they seem to be completely in step with each other. (At least so far.) Perhaps some use it differently, but I haven't noticed it.

McClappy or McClappity could be considered fairly insulting, and I suppose some use it that way. Nothing too major, though. I simply couldn't care less about whether a coach claps, says "obviously" too much, or whatever. Those are just low level BS insults used by those that those not capable of commenting intelligently about the football aspects of the head coach. 

For a long time Bills fans have been making fun about the Bills and some complain about opposing fans/media doing so (the other "Bills fans" just raise their voice to make fun louder).  I think it is time for horns to be on outside and not be bickering Bills fans.   Some will continue anyways but they have not been Bills fans for a long time.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

This is about the third "pump the brakes" response I've gotten, and here's the thing: I've ALREADY seen enough to show me that the Bills are now a well-run organization with a good plan in place. Seriously. I mean, sure, if they wind up 4-12 this year, then I guess the "not so fast" stuff is warranted. But I mean...isn't it obvious to anyone else how much more logical, competent, and coherent the Bills current front office is than anything else we've seen in the past 20 years? Why do I have to wait any longer to proclaim that?

Again, with all due respect to the more cautious folks, I've seen enough already to say that the Bills are being run the right way. Certainly better than the teams I listed in the OP.

I hear you man. I prefer to look back at trends that evolved then speculating forward.  

Just remember hoodie tends to exposes chinks In opponents armor then put it on tape for the league.

This feels like the most competent FO in ages but I’m not sure they’ve closed all the talent gaps they need to yet. Might be a few years away still.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm guessing he's talking about the Peterman thing.

Bills braintrust is getting a mulligan for that fiasco by the optimists. 

That, and winning two games out of the gate against weak teams redeems them.

TETO.

Edited by I am the egg man

4 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Watching all of the other teams making stupid decisions while our Club gets stronger every day sure is a good feeling. Buffalo is going to be a force to be reckoned with for a long time. Fasten your seatbelt

Especially since the Bills rebuilt the team while making the playoffs in year 1, and playing competitive football in year 2.  Having a cohesive plan and competent people in place to execute it, is so much better than the patchwork, scattershot approaches of the past.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

and Joe Gibbs Redskins were also very well run organizations

Yep. The Redskins were squared away, then the owner, Jack Kent Cooke died. Daniel Snyder bought the team and it's been a dumpster fire ever since. Reminds me of another active post today about leadership starting with the owner.

Yep.  I listened to about 20 minutes of Redskins bashing this morning on DC radio.. how they have a horrible culture. the players don't trust the owner, they don't trust the front office, ...they don't trust the medical staff, etc..

So then you circle back to McBeane and they have really created something special in Buffalo.   The the Pegulas and the new fitness facility, nutrition center, etc.. It's amazing.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1