Daniel Jones - new starting QB for the Giants

KingBoots8

2 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

To the Jags...

Makes too much sense with Coughlin in house and Foles out indefinitely. 

I can't see them trading picks for multiple QBs in back to back weeks, especially with Minshew playing decently well. He might be better right now than Eli.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Just at a quick glance, the only real options I see for Eli (besides remaining as Jones' backup, which I think is most likely) are:

1. Pittsburgh - Maybe as Rudolph's backup, maybe as the starter, but I think Pittsburgh is at least a little excited to see Rudolph in game action even if I personally think he's bad.
  2. Chicago - They already have Chase Daniel as Trubisky's backup though, and might not want to put any additional pressure on Trubisky as is.
  3. Green Bay - Their current backup is Tim Boyle.
  4. Jets - They probably think Darnold is only out a few more weeks though, so maybe they hold off, but Eli would certainly be an upgrade over Falk in the interim if they want to keep any hopes of a successful season alive.

That's all I got.

Jacksonville if they don't believe in the Disco King Minshew.

• Like (+1) 1

My favorite is we have Webb on our practice squad (I am assuming he's still there).

My father in law is a Giants fan and wanted them desperately to play Webb at the end whenever his rookie season was when the year was lost to see how he could do, but they never did. Then they end up drafting Barkely and doing that without knowing really how Webb looked/if they had a legit second tier game manager plan for post Eli in hand, and then they drafted Jones and lost Webb.

Small thing, probably not important other than speaking to a front office that is potentially closed minded (ya think), and I'm looking forward to having an extended conversation about it next time we get together in a few months. Seriously, I think I'm just going to have to say Davis Webb and that will start a glorious rant.

Edit: wait Davis Webb was a third round pick in 2016 and they cut him sometime between 2017 and 2018 (I had to have know the this no question)?!?! Oof, did they miss on him or was it regime change? Obviously doesn't seem like he's ready for a backup role, but that's squandering a lot of draft capital on likely known developmental project early.

Edited by HardyBoy

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Just at a quick glance, the only real options I see for Eli (besides remaining as Jones' backup, which I think is most likely) are:

1. Pittsburgh - Maybe as Rudolph's backup, maybe as the starter, but I think Pittsburgh is at least a little excited to see Rudolph in game action even if I personally think he's bad.
  2. Chicago - They already have Chase Daniel as Trubisky's backup though, and might not want to put any additional pressure on Trubisky as is.
  3. Green Bay - Their current backup is Tim Boyle.
  4. Jets - They probably think Darnold is only out a few more weeks though, so maybe they hold off, but Eli would certainly be an upgrade over Falk in the interim if they want to keep any hopes of a successful season alive.

That's all I got.

How about Jacksonville? Coughlin.

I suspect the Giants ownership who loves Eli will try to do everything to accommodate him and find another place for him to play. The Jets make the most sense, he would start, stay in NY . 

The downside of that is if he turns it around he makes the Giants look like bigger fools esp if Jones flops. 

Pittsburgh and Jacksonville esp with the Jets have to be making a call to inquire. Don’t think New Orleans will be one of them tho

35 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

There is no one "The" problem there. They have a litany of problems, and Eli was undoubtedly one of them.

I wonder if there will be any trade interest in Eli, and if so, who.

For an old man with limited mobility, Eli looked decent on Sunday.  Look at how many drops he had in the first half.  I think it would be a different game if Shepard & Tate were on the roster.  

They'd be stupid not to trade Eli to Steelers or Jets.

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I suspect the Giants ownership who loves Eli will try to do everything to accommodate him and find another place for him to play. The Jets make the most sense, he would start, stay in NY . 

The downside of that is if he turns it around he makes the Giants look like bigger fools esp if Jones flops. 

Pittsburgh and Jacksonville esp with the Jets have to be making a call to inquire. Don’t think New Orleans will be one of them tho

I don't know if Eli has a no-trade clause in his contract, but I'm pretty sure he'd retire before he goes to the Jets to play a game or two and then back up Sam Darnold, or Pittsburgh to sit behind Mason Rudolph.  Same with him going to Green Bay or Chicago to back up Rogers or Trubisky.