Daniel Jones - new starting QB for the Giants

KingBoots8

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Wise man predicted this.

Damn! You and Adam Schein are damn genius' and I mean that with all sincerity.  Bravo, gentlemen.  Regardless of how good or bad the Bills D is against Eli, I would never have believed they'd bench him this soon for the youngster.   If memory serves me the last few dates with Eli and the Bills did not go well for our D-fellas.  Even without OBJ2k whatever his  name is (diva).  But seriously.  When I read the headline my jaw dropped.  Un friggin' canny.  I hope you placed some kind of sizeable wager somewhere on that one.

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Just at a quick glance, the only real options I see for Eli (besides remaining as Jones' backup, which I think is most likely) are:

1. Pittsburgh - Maybe as Rudolph's backup, maybe as the starter, but I think Pittsburgh is at least a little excited to see Rudolph in game action even if I personally think he's bad.
  2. Chicago - They already have Chase Daniel as Trubisky's backup though, and might not want to put any additional pressure on Trubisky as is.
  3. Green Bay - Their current backup is Tim Boyle.
  4. Jets - They probably think Darnold is only out a few more weeks though, so maybe they hold off, but Eli would certainly be an upgrade over Falk in the interim if they want to keep any hopes of a successful season alive.

That's all I got.

Saints as a stop gap?  Probably not.

Broncos?  They aren't afraid to cycle QBs.

Chargers?

Jags?

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

There is no one "The" problem there. They have a litany of problems, and Eli was undoubtedly one of them.

I wonder if there will be any trade interest in Eli, and if so, who.

Jaxsonville

57 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Saints as a stop gap?  Probably not.

Broncos?  They aren't afraid to cycle QBs.

Chargers?

Jags?

Chargers... he said no the first time. Is rivers hurt too? 

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

IMO...unless Eli ask for a trade or ask to be put on waivers, he is going nowhere. He has 14 more games in a career that includes two SB wins. He has played his whole career with one team, and I’d like to think he goes out with that on his resume...on his way to the HoF.  

Maybe he still thinks he can play. Arm looked decent to me on Sunday. 

For many years during the drought that must not be named, we would've been so lucky to have a QB of Eli's caliber, past few seasons excepted. Obviously his taking out the Pats 2x will doubtless stick in Hoodie/Tommy Brady's craws for years to come...that's a hill they never climbed lol. That said, the Giants should've sat Eli some time ago, as his best days were markedly well behind him.   

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

IMO...unless Eli ask for a trade or ask to be put on waivers, he is going nowhere. He has 14 more games in a career that includes two SB wins. He has played his whole career with one team, and I’d like to think he goes out with that on his resume...on his way to the HoF.  

Is he a hall of famer? He has pretty good numbers but he is a 500 starter  and his teams have been pretty lousy the last few years

I think hes in the hall of good, not fame

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The Bills loss now one for the record books...his last start and his last loss.

I don’t remember the specifics but it seems that in the last few seasons there have been other QBs who are benched after losing to the Bills.  Coaches have also been fired after a loss to Buffalo.

This just continues a total disaster start of the season for the QB position for my fantasy team in a 2 Starting QB 12-team league.

I started it in the draft when I drafted Goff and Brees, who have the same bye.  So then I decided to draft two more QBs so I was covered for that one week and added Foles and Eli.  After Foles got injured, I put him on IR and added Minshew.  With 12 teams, he was all that was left.   With this injuries this past weekend, Bridgewater and Mason Rudolph were gobbled up quickly (no waivers).

With Seimian now out, Falk  is available but Darnold should be back before Goff’s week 9 bye.

I’ll just have to wait until then to see who’s available. I won’t drop Eli in case he is traded.

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I think he still wants to top his brother which means being starting QB for two teams who win Superbowl.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eli-manning-benched-for-daniel-jones-here-are-five-landing-spots-if-giants-trade-their-veteran-qb/

5. Carolina

4. NJ Jest

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

2. New Orleans Saints

1. Jacksonville Jaguars

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Is he a hall of famer? He has pretty good numbers but he is a 500 starter  and his teams have been pretty lousy the last few years

The level to get in Hall of Fame for QBs is less than for other players.

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I don't think he's a first ballot but he is getting in

You can't write the story of football without Eli Manning's name in it

I can see Eli gets a lot of love around here being the guy who beat the Pats. He certainly isn’t THE problem in NY, but he has been washed up for quite some time. Eli’s career is over, and he’s always been quite overrated imo. The dude has had some great seasons, but it was time for the Giants to move on.