Sunday Ticket streaming thread

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I got 16 mbps and have had some issues with buffering.  I found the same thing by switching to another channel then back.

It seems to refresh the signal.  Also I found out if I just bring up the channel guide menu and click again on the station it

refreshes.  By doing that it wastes a little less time.

I have Century Link coming today to upgrade my modem and increase my speed to 80mbps.

yeah 16 should be sufficient.  I think changing the channel as you indicated seems to refresh it.  I have no idea why that works, but it does.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LittleSammy said:

I've had some issues using the app with a Fire Stick. Intermittent freezing, picture loss, etc. I switched to accessing the Sunday Ticket app through my laptop and used Chromecast to cast the game to my tv. No problems as after that. Worked great.

The fire stick app was problematic for me as well so I've just connected an HDMI from laptop to TV with no problems for the first two games. 

6 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Thought I'd start a thread specific to streaming Sunday Ticket.  Mods, feel free to merge if you don't think this merits a separate thread.

So I recently got my roof replaced and the DTV dish was pulled off and put back on in the process.  This happened just in time for my dish to be inoperable for last Sunday. 

I figured out I could use my DTV account to stream to my Roku device.  What a miserable experience.

While coincidentally all the commercials seemed to come in perfectly clear, the game was 3 hours of freezing, skipping and blurred screens.

I think my internet speed is about 7 mbps, with an older Roku.  I had everyone in the house turn off wifi to their devices, but it was still terrible.

Hows everyone else doing with streaming?  Is it the internet speed or device that makes the most difference?  Would I have been better off streaming to my son's Xbox?

Thanks.

50Up&Down, gen2 Apple TV, Sunday ticket app was flawless. 

7 mbps should still get you there though. Unless you are getting FAPed (throttled due to usage)

hd requires ~ 1mbps 

4k ~ 2or3

1) maybe hard wire the device to router?

2) prioritize traffic in router or check signal strength by the device?  

3) maybe manually force your stream quality to a lower rate like 480p? 

4) try the Xbox- much better processor than Roku I’d guess.

they start the broadcast of each game around noon so it gives you time to play. 

47 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

50Up&Down, gen2 Apple TV, Sunday ticket app was flawless. 

7 mbps should still get you there though. Unless you are getting FAPed (throttled due to usage)

hd requires ~ 1mbps 

4k ~ 2or3

1) maybe hard wire the device to router?

2) prioritize traffic in router or check signal strength by the device?  

3) maybe manually force your stream quality to a lower rate like 480p? 

4) try the Xbox- much better processor than Roku I’d guess.

they start the broadcast of each game around noon so it gives you time to play. 

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

7 hours ago, nucci said:

American.....have to pay for internet....opened up app and watched...there was some buffering but clear picture...kinda cool

Thanks! This gives me hope! Going to be on a plane during the Bengals game next week and was stressing about how to see the game.  

I was was considering watching it on DVR when I landed on my directv app, but I think it is tough (maybe impossible) to Download your DVR playlist remotely to the app.