Hasnt Dalton crushed us almost every time weve played him?

Ramza86

Things change. Different team. Eli was 3-0 against us until this past game. The past is just that. The past. Cheer up it'll be our home opener the Bills will be pumped the crowd will be pumped and loud. The Bills won't lose this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Historic stats mean nothing year to year... fans like to look back at that stuff, but any given Sunday any team can win.  Unless you're Miami....

Dalton has played well against us, but we have a different team now than the last time we faced off... offense and defense... He's a year older, and showing decline.  We have a QB on the rise, a stout defense, and all kinds of play makers.  I like our chances regardless of what has happened in years past. 

7 minutes ago, seregil42 said:

Dalton has 4 wins vs 1 loss against the Bills. 

But none of those games have been played in 2019--a new wind of Bills competency is rustling the leaves around the CAP, and I'm not talking about AB's doctor visits either! (Check out the latest in the AB thread if you haven't heard about this one yet) 

• Like (+1) 2

This week I believe the focus will be more on slowing down the passing game of the Bengals. They still have 2 dangerous WR's in Boyd (still love that guy for the catch and run vs Baltimore) and the speedster John Ross. Eifert is actually healthy again at the TE spot as well. Their OL is pretty decimated and they've been having issues getting anything going on the ground though. If our defense is on their game this week then we should be able to rush 4, still create pressure, and have 7 in coverage all day long. This is what I am expecting to see and I am hoping it leads to some turnovers. 

• Like (+1) 1

John Ross can be a dangerous receiver when you don't have any burners at CB.  I like Tre White, Levi Wallace and company, but Buffalo's CBs only have average speed.  They have a very effective zone, but if there is any lapse, speed can burn them big time.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Hopefully Tyler Kroft will be working with offense coordinators telling them what he knows about tendencies, etc. If he is not healthy enough to play maybe sit in booth with spotter.

I think Cincinnati has a new coaching staff in place with a new offensive scheme.  The only thing Kroft might have insight on might be Dalton's personal tendencies, and he's been in the league long enough that most of those are pretty well known.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

John Ross can be a dangerous receiver when you don't have any burners at CB.  I like Tre White, Levi Wallace and company, but Buffalo's CBs only have average speed.  They have a very effective zone, but if there is any lapse, speed can burn them big time.

Well considering they haven’t been burned deep yet might suggest you are wrong 

The most relevant game was 2017. 4 point loss in cinci. AJ Green torched TreD the rook. Their run D was very good. And they contained TT in the pocket, sacked 6 times 0 rushing yards. Despite all that bills were leading at the end of q3. 

the differences now;

- Allen  can attack a defense better than Tyod over the top and in the middle 

- AJ G is out

- Cinci defense is not as good.

- Bills WRs are better

- Bills D is better too

- at new era instead of Cincinnati

• Like (+1) 1