Pleasant surprises through two weeks...

eball

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

pleasant  yes .. a surprise?  after the WR upgrades?  

Not surprised at all.   It was bound to improve IMO 

Thread asks what our surprises are. Who are you to crap on someone’s surprises?..

14 hours ago, Pete said:

I won't say it's a surprise, I have always had faith in Josh.  But we were all hoping he would make a big jump in year 2.  You never know until the season plays out.  Josh really seems to be getting a better grasp each and every game.  He's smart.  He's athletic.  He's big.  He has a cannon.  And he has swag.  What else would you want in a QB?  Go Josh!  Go Bills!

Love the kid!

My surprise is RedZone effectiveness. I figured by week 3 we’d know if Hausch is washed up. We don’t. The offense is scoring TDs at a ?% clip.

Great thread, eball!

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, whatdrought said:

John Brown has impressed me with his crossing routes... seems like every time we need a chunk play, he gets the ball in the middle of the field for 15+ yards.

And he seems to have chemistry with JA already for those broken plays.  Allen is finding him for those big first downs and that's only because Brown is working his way open in those gaps.  Man he's really turning out to be the all around receiving threat Beane and the coaches have been talking about.  Looking like a true #1 receiver and it's only 2 games in!!!

Great thread OP.  Highlights something that is unfamiliar with Bills fans the last few decades:  so many pleasant surprises to choose from.  Just look at the rookies alone.

I personally can't decide and I love having that problem.  Trent Murphy is starting to earn his big contract and show us why they gave him that dough.  Singletary for obvious reasons.  The D as a whole unit so far (they're going to be legendary if they keep this up).

Just based on this last game I have to go with Siran Neal. I think he needs a some good attention given his production.  He was ALL OVER the place making plays.  Saved a punt return for a touchdown and laid dude out with a passion.  He's playing with real fire in his gut and you can see it all day and he seems to be in the right position all the time.   A 2nd year pro and 5th round draft pick?  What?  This front office is finding some real gems out there in the draft and free agency.

I'm not used to having so much positive to talk about with my Bills.  If I'm dreaming then just let me sleep.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thread asks what our surprises are. Who are you to crap on someone’s surprises?..

It's a family site.   I can't tell you about those kind of surprises.  

The team is growing because of "The Process (c)". 

I love the Defense, the Offense is looking good for being a team in 2 real football games, Josh made one real blunder pass instead of throwing it away in week one that wasn't seen since.  

I've said 12-4 or better as my bold prediction.  No surprise as I expected it.  ;) :D 

20 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He played well vs Jets. Solder seemed to handle him fairly well, but there was a heavy rotation it seemed. Saw a lot of shaq, Trent and even Johnson. 

He is certainly part of the equation. Draws attention and frees up others 

Not sure if others have mentioned it but TE depth is a really nice surprise so far and Kroft, the big FA signing isn't even on the field yet.  How often do see Sweeney out there.  Seems like he's in on 90% of offensive plays.  A 7th round pick and a late one at that.  Beane and Co. knocked it out of the park with the 2019 draft.  Not all of them but the ones that hit are very good.I really like the Lee Smith signing.  He has the blocker reputation but he can do it all.  That first down catch last weekend over the middle was a great example.  He's really into being a Bill too.  Passion!

On 9/17/2019 at 11:36 AM, Mark Vader said:

I'm not surprised at how good John Brown is doing. I was hoping the Bills would sign him last year. He's more than a speedy receiver.

A surprise for me is Ed Oliver. I know, I know, he's our first round pick.  I thought he would start slowly and then as the season progressed he would become a dominant. That is not the case. He may not have a sack yet, but he has been a force in the middle, and is getting a lot of pressure on the quarterback.

Shaq Lawson, has surprised me also. He wants that big payday and he's working hard for it.

The batted balls have been great. Love watching our defense play volleyball.

Josh Allen's progression has been great to see.

I have to give a shout out to Mitch Morse. We already knew how good of a player he is, but I was worried about the concussions being a big problem, and we never saw him in the preseason. Since  week 1, he has looked fantastic. He's a damn good run blocker. The nightmare of watching Bodine & Groy last season is over.

I agree ree with the Lawson comments. Hopefully he plays consistently throughout the year. Then it will be a question as to whether he signs with the Bills. 

On 9/17/2019 at 7:02 AM, eball said:

What are some things even the optimistic fans among us are pleasantly surprised by after two weeks?  I'll throw out a few:

-- Daboll's scheming and playcalling

-- Bojo!

-- Lee Smith (and overall TE play)

-- Shaq Lawson (and overall DL depth)

-- Feliciano

-- productivity of John Brown (did anyone expect 14 catches in two weeks?)

Discuss.

Bojo! should always from now on have an exclamation point right after his name. 

• Like (+1) 1

I need to start a Mitch Morse appreciation thread:

Fyi....notice its 57 Morse takes out.  

In that last clip....watch Ty get to him at the 2nd level and wipe him out.  

He was also the guy Gore destroyed on his TD run.  

Monday must have been an uncomfortable film day for 57.  Don't care to check on his name lol.

Edited by Big Blitz

51 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I need to start a Mitch Morse appreciation thread:

Fyi....notice its 57 Morse takes out.  

In that last clip....watch Ty get to him at the 2nd level and wipe him out.  

He was also the guy Gore destroyed on his TD run.  

Monday must have been an uncomfortable film day for 57.  Don't care to check on his name lol.

I just love that first clip where PBP is dumbfounded silent because he can't believe what he just saw.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2019 at 2:18 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah I like Jerry a lot. I just think there are some tackles that can handle him. Certainly Soldier has seen him twice a year for many years 

Good point. Need a game from him on Sunday for sure!