Pleasant surprises through two weeks...

eball

5 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I really like how chippy Dawson Knox is lol

He had some really good blocks out there. The one he was flagged for i wasn't too sure about. Sure the guy didnt see him coming, but he didnt completely blow the guy up and end his career. He put a shoulder half power into him and he fell over. Outside of that hes a physical dude and really looking forward to seeing his growth in the passing game too.

I am pleasantly surprised by Allen, he's been accurate on short throws and hasn't broken any fingers, I appreciate that. 

The Run D has been good overall. 

Very few 3 and outs.

Singletary looks good!

Not so pleasant, WRs outside of Brown and Beasley have been nearly invisible.

Not a lot of pressure from the DL.

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

john brown and moving those chains.  it finally seems like we can get first downs even if we're 3rd and long instead of doing a draw play or just throwing a screen and giving up.  

'

Yeah 3rd and long is nothing to fear anymore

When the Giants downed the punt at the 2 yd line my 1st thought was that's just more yards and more clock for Josh and the O to chew up. 

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

For me, it is the progression of Josh Allen.

This.  I expected Allen to be improved, but I never expected him to show this much improvement this quickly.  Allen's improvement puts him at about the same level as Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson who also made a quantum leap between last season and this one.

Feliciano was not a surprise for me. That's how he performed in the preseason. I was happy when they kept him in the starting line up after Morse came back.

I am also not surprised by John Brown. I've wanted him for the past couple years. Always been impressed with him.

Lee Smith caught one pass, but has he done anything else surprising?

Shaq shouldn't be surprising. That's pretty much how he performed in the preseason and last season as well.

Surprise for me, I suppose, includes Singletary. Thought he'd need more time to get used to the NFL. He's been great.

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

This.  I expected Allen to be improved, but I never expected him to show this much improvement this quickly.  Allen's improvement puts him at about the same level as Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson who also made a quantum leap between last season and this one.

Baker hasn't looked that good this season, I don't think. Had a putrid first game and his 2nd game was just ok. I admit I am surprised by Jackson's big leap, but it has been against two terrible teams.

I'm not all that surprised about Allen. This is what I expected from him. The evidence of his ability was already there from last season. For me, at least.

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Everything revolves around the QB, right? Lamar has been on fire and Mayfield has played some good ball, last night not so much. If I had to rank the three right now- Lamar, Allen, Baker. 

• Like (+1) 1

A few for me:

• Batted passes at the LOS - does anyone know how many we had last year after two games? The entire season? I don't remember seeing anywhere near this many.
  • TE blocking - not only do Smith, Knox, and Sweeney do it, but they seem seek it out/crave it. It's awesome to see guys take pride in that aspect of the game when so many don't
  • Morse pulling - holy crap, having a mobile center is awesome. He gets out in front of the play SO quick. I love seeing Morse/Spain, or Morse/Feliciano out front in front of Singletary
  • The mean streak our OL plays with - we seemed to have a bunch of pushovers last year. There's still kinks to be worked out, but I'd rather have a mean OL with minor issues than a passive OL with minor issues
  • Shaq Lawson - he's definitely motivated to get that next contract and I've been pleasantly surprised with his effort/play
  • Josh Allen - he plays with confidence and he doesn't go for the hero ball every play. He still makes bonehead plays every now and then, but he seems to be growing in that regard, which is great.
Edited by junior12thman92

6 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I know productivity is not always measured with your # being called by the commentators or showing up on the stat line but I have not heard #55 as much as I expected especialy with the new additions this year. 

two good left tackles. don't worry, cordy is out this week.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

So many guys but....

Singletary         (we all expected it, but still, with only 12 carries in the pre-season, not much of a frame of reference)

Dawson Knox  (playing well in a limited role without much of a training camp)

Mitch Morris    (his ability to pull from his center position has directly resulted in the primary block on two TD runs.   Pretty good for a guy who some thought was finished).

Shaq Lawson  (still bringing the fire we saw in preseason)

Bojo                  (two good weeks after almost playing himself off the team in preseason)

Darryl Johnson   (carrying over a good preseason into being a regular rotational contributor on the DL)