Pleasant surprises through two weeks...

eball

100% John Feliciano.

Of all the Bills free agent signings on the o-line, Feliciano was the biggest afterthought to me. I thought he'd be depth at best, cut at worst. The fact that he is not only starting at right guard but absolutely MAULING people out there is a total surprise to me. He's actually playing SO well that if the coaches ever decide to have Nsekhe start at RT full time, Ford will probably go to the bench.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

100% John Feliciano.

Of all the Bills free agent signings on the o-line, Feliciano was the biggest afterthought to me. I thought he'd be depth at best, cut at worst. The fact that he is not only starting at right guard but absolutely MAULING people out there is a total surprise to me. He's actually playing SO well that if the coaches ever decide to have Nsekhe start at RT full time, Ford will probably go to the bench.

I think he could get a nice contract extension.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

John Brown has impressed me with his crossing routes... seems like every time we need a chunk play, he gets the ball in the middle of the field for 15+ yards.

I'll start by saying I loved that signing from the beginning but I wasn't expecting quite as complete a wr as he's been so far.

crisp routes and he really seems to WORK them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he could get a nice contract extension.

I hope he does. He's one of the nastiest linemen in the NFL. He's the tone setter for the Bills offensive line right now. Coaches say he's smart as hell, too. A great combo.

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

100% John Feliciano.

didn't he just pulverize somebody into the ground on the allen sweep sunday? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I'll start by saying I loved that signing from the beginning but I wasn't expecting quite as complete a wr as he's been so far.

crisp routes and he really seems to WORK them.

And Josh improving on the timing and anticipation of those cross-routes.  

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

My impression is that he's always run those routes.  That's what's made him always look like a promising receiver - great deep speed that he also uses to outrun the defense on the crossing routes.  

what stuck out to me was the medium range comeback on the left sideline against Jenkins on the 98 yd drive...… Jenkins is nice corner and he respected his speed enough to be at least 5 yds off him for the first 15 yds of the route then brown just stuck it and came back for a routine play. I was really encouraged by that.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sure did. He FINISHES.

He also always looks for work. If he's uncovered on a given play, he finds someone to hit, and fast.

I remember sitting there for 3 of those td's(allen, motor, McKenzie), thinking "WOW! the blocking there was just impeccable."... guys hitting their assignments and then driving their players into the ground or down the field. its sad we havnt seen that for a couple years but very encouraging going forward.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

That we found our #1 WR in Brown. I am well aware that some will flame me for it but he is doing everything a #1 WR does. 

He has also very clearly connected with Allen and the culture. 

Love Beasley, too. I believe both (in partial conjunction with the OL) have driven Josh’s completion percentage and overall productivity up. He was working with squat last year. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After finishing 30th, 31st & 31st in passing yards the last 3 years, they are 18th through week 2. Once again expected a jump similar to this for the year, but figured we would start slow with 8 new starters and get stronger as the year went on. Below the Bills at this point are teams that have: Jimmy G., Big Ben(Hurt), R. Wilson,  D. Watson, A. Rodgers, D. Carr & J. Goff. It's still early in the year, but it's nice to see Josh, WRs & O-Line this far along in the passing game already.:)

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hope he does. He's one of the nastiest linemen in the NFL. He's the tone setter for the Bills offensive line right now. Coaches say he's smart as hell, too. A great combo.

Completely agree ?.... he is a mean nasty player with technique and power. Once Ford puts it together, Feliciano and Ford are going to be a scary duo on the right side!

Bojo - I thought for sure he would get a pink slip and we were signing another punter. The guy has been rock solid through two weeks. 

Shaq - Is this because of the teams we've face or has the light switch finally come on? Either way I'll take it. 

TE's - Sweeney, Knox, and Smith are holding it down out there. They are not only blocking fairly well, but giving Josh options.

John Brown - Same sentiment as everyone one else. He was on pace for 80 catches and 1,100 yards with Flacco last year before Lamar. He may top that here.

The OL - It seems these guys are getting it together quickly for not having played together much in the preseason. I love what the FO did here.

Team Spirit - Two weeks in a row I see our guys taking up for each other out there at different points. Absolutely love it. Hit our guy and we're going to hit you back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There is no play for 1st and 20.

YES there is !!!  near the end of a game and points are needed you throw the damn ball 10 yards or more out.  2nd becomes  and 10 or less 

3rd and 20?  Send every eligible receiver out there 20 yards deep  they can't cover everyone!! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

What are some things even the optimistic fans among us are pleasantly surprised by after two weeks?  I'll throw out a few:

-- Daboll's scheming and playcalling

-- Bojo!

-- Lee Smith (and overall TE play)

-- Shaq Lawson (and overall DL depth)

-- Feliciano

-- productivity of John Brown (did anyone expect 14 catches in two weeks?)

Discuss.

I have actually been a bit frustrated at times with Dabolls playcalling.  It hasn’t been all bad by any means, but I found myself frustrated last parts of 2nd quarter and early 3rd qtr week 1.  Week 2 I felt he got too complacent and conservative in the 2nd half where it allowed Giants to get back in the game too. 

But, that being said he also made nice adjustments after those spells where I was frustrated and got the O back on track in each game.  So still quite high on Daboll overall.

I would also add Singletary to your list and yes, I did expect 14 catches by Brown first 2 weeks.  I thought he was going to be a 80+ catch, 1200 yard season with 8+ TDS this year.