Pleasant surprises through two weeks...

eball

What are some things even the optimistic fans among us are pleasantly surprised by after two weeks?  I'll throw out a few:

-- Daboll's scheming and playcalling

-- Bojo!

-- Lee Smith (and overall TE play)

-- Shaq Lawson (and overall DL depth)

-- Feliciano

-- productivity of John Brown (did anyone expect 14 catches in two weeks?)

Discuss.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I know productivity is not always measured with your # being called by the commentators or showing up on the stat line but I have not heard #55 as much as I expected especialy with the new additions this year. 

I think you misunderstood the thread topic.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

What are some things even the optimistic fans among us are pleasantly surprised by after two weeks?  I'll throw out a few:

-- Daboll's scheming and playcalling

-- Bojo!

-- Lee Smith (and overall TE play)

-- Shaq Lawson (and overall DL depth)

-- Feliciano

-- productivity of John Brown (did anyone expect 14 catches in two weeks?)

Discuss.

John Brown was my biggest surprise. I actually took him in a lot of my fantasy leagues for the upside.

But what impresses me the most.. is that there isnt a route he cannot run. Hes effective everywhere on the field and thats fantastic. 

• Like (+1) 2

eball

Thanks for this.  Your list is a good one, and other names that people have mentioned are good additions.   Which makes what I keep saying is the more fundamental and important point:  McDermott's system, his process, works.   His system leads to pleasant surprises.  Milano, Wallace, Allen, Edmunds - all young guys who contributed almost right away.  And what's cool about the system is that when young players have success in the system, they want to STAY in the system, because they understand that the system helps them be successful.   It feels good to do your job, and it feels good to win.  

So, yeah, there are some pleasant surprises, and those guys earned the right to be on your list.   McDermott created the environment that allows them to be surprises.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1