Greg Roman Stole our play!!!!

Protocal69

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Greg Roman is a top 10 OC in the league. He got fired here to save Rex and his lardy brother's arse....

Maybe

9 hours ago, dneveu said:

His only issue is taking too long to get plays in. Was a problem in San Francisco as well as here. .

Mcvays got his guys to the line so he can see what the defense brings and we had tyrod scrambling and clapping his hands to try and get a snap off.

That, and his passing offense was sub-par, and was called out by players in San Fran. I believe the Bills had some weird idea of having Sanjay Lal as their "passing coordinator" or something like that.

Roman was/is, however, a great coordinator for the run game aspect of offense. The simple concept of pulling linemen across the formation has been a staple of his, creating a "numbers" game on outside runs. RBs with good vision and shiftiness fit well, which is a big part of why McCoy excelled under Roman.

This year, the Bills have been running similar concepts, pin and pull specifically, mostly with Singletary on the field. They are able to do so now with more talented and athletic offensive linemen, which is probably why we didn't see a whole lot of pulling last year (and maybe Castillo had something to do with that as well; not much pulling in 2017 either). Morse gets downfield pretty quickly, and Spain is just a bully. 

13 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Last week Ravens ( Lamar Jackson ) threw a TD pass to a wide open the TE Andrews and I was like that play looked familiar so I pulled up the BILLS game against the Vikings where Croom scored the wide open TD. Just like I thought the same play out of a different formation with the same motion.

They say its a copy cat league but damn.

Yep!  That was the first thing I said as soon as I saw the play!!  We should steal all the hightlight plays that work from other teams and put them in our playbook!  Maybe teams already do!!

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I was just telling a friend about this yesterday. I believe last year they also "stole" the jet sweep toss TD "pass" that we ran early in the season (and several times since, including the McKenzie TD "pass" on Sunday. I remember seeing a couple teams run that play last year and thinking to myself "Bills did it first!", even though I'm sure the Bills didn't innovate that play. I'm sure it's been run before.

Yea, the Bills picked that up from a host of teams who were doing it for a a few years

It didn't really get implemented till we scooped McKenzie and it was floating around the league for a while

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

That, and his passing offense was sub-par, and was called out by players in San Fran. I believe the Bills had some weird idea of having Sanjay Lal as their "passing coordinator" or something like that.

Yes, he has never designed his own passing offense. I believe Harbaugh assisted there in SF, and here in Buffalo it was a team effort between David Lee and Sanjay Lal. Now in Baltimore it's Culley who's in charge of the offense through the air.