Jump to content
Protocal69

Greg Roman Stole our play!!!!

Recommended Posts

Last week Ravens ( Lamar Jackson ) threw a TD pass to a wide open the TE Andrews and I was like that play looked familiar so I pulled up the BILLS game against the Vikings where Croom scored the wide open TD. Just like I thought the same play out of a different formation with the same motion.

 

 

They say its a copy cat league but damn.

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow great observation on your part good job. I do think it looked a lot better when we did it though

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking we should copy that  watkins TD from last week where he was wide open.

Im hoping OCs lose the arrogance and steal plays weekly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Roman is a top 10 OC in the league. He got fired here to save Rex and his lardy brother's arse....

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

LOL ...the "Croom TD".

 

 

good times...

 

 

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, it's not that he stole the play...it was his offense that we ran, he just took it all with him when he left. It actually speaks volumes negatively to Greg Roman if you ask me. He's doing nothing but recycle his playbook, which he probably got from someone else anyway. Now when I see him all i can see is coach Red Beaulieu played by Jerry Reed in the Waterboy. 

  • Meh 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

To me, it's not that he stole the play...it was his offense that we ran, he just took it all with him when he left. It actually speaks volumes negatively to Greg Roman if you ask me. He's doing nothing but recycle his playbook, which he probably got from someone else anyway. Now when I see him all i can see is coach Red Beaulieu played by Jerry Reed in the Waterboy. 

 

Sorry? You think we were still running Greg Roman's offense three coordinators after he left?

 

Yea. We weren't.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a post-wheel concept which is pretty common, but the fact that there were split backs with a guy motioning into the flats was very similar to what we saw. Good observation. It's definitely a good sign that teams are stealing from us. Can't say that ever happened under Hackett, or any other loser OC we've had. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Greg Roman is a top 10 OC in the league. He got fired here to save Rex and his lardy brother's arse....

 

His only issue is taking too long to get plays in. Was a problem in San Francisco as well as here. .

 

Mcvays got his guys to the line so he can see what the defense brings and we had tyrod scrambling and clapping his hands to try and get a snap off.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

 

His only issue is taking too long to get plays in. Was a problem in San Francisco as well as here. .

 

Mcvays got his guys to the line so he can see what the defense brings and we had tyrod scrambling and clapping his hands to try and get a snap off.

and after that delay TT trying to find his targeted spot before he got the snap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dneveu said:

 

His only issue is taking too long to get plays in. Was a problem in San Francisco as well as here. .

 

 

Maybe his problem was the lack of capability from the QB in both cases

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dneveu said:

 

His only issue is taking too long to get plays in. Was a problem in San Francisco as well as here. .

 

Mcvays got his guys to the line so he can see what the defense brings and we had tyrod scrambling and clapping his hands to try and get a snap off.

 

Indeed and at times I think he has too big of a playbook. But his track record speaks for itself. He has spent 5 full seasons as an NFL OC and only been outside the top 12 for points scored once despite having two Quarterbacks (Kap and Tyrod) who are limited at best and who the league soon decided were not starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, poblano said:

Maybe his problem was the lack of capability from the QB in both cases

 

His Kaepernick offense went to the super bowl and nearly won.  

 

It's an offense that works really well with a great defense. Typically a high sack rate but low turnover rate, and a top level rushing attack. Keeps throws to mostly hitches/comebacks and in and out breaking routes, with complimentary go routes.  Not a ton of YAC plays but it makes ur QBs reads easy high low reads, uses the sidelines, and uses your QBs athleticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

 

His Kaepernick offense went to the super bowl and nearly won.  

 

It's an offense that works really well with a great defense. Typically a high sack rate but low turnover rate, and a top level rushing attack. Keeps throws to mostly hitches/comebacks and in and out breaking routes, with complimentary go routes.  Not a ton of YAC plays but it makes ur QBs reads easy high low reads, uses the sidelines, and uses your QBs athleticism.

I only talking about the time they take to run the play, obviously Roman is good because he was successful with Kaepernick and with the stupid Harbaugh in his back

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dneveu said:

 

His Kaepernick offense went to the super bowl and nearly won.  

 

Yep. Despite Kap not being good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Greg Roman is a top 10 OC in the league. He got fired here to save Rex and his lardy brother's arse....

The O was better when A Lynn took over......the replacement of GR was one of the few correct things REX did......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

The O was better when A Lynn took over......the replacement of GR was one of the few correct things REX did......

 

It was Greg's offense. I accept A Lynn was probably a better playcaller. But it was Roman's offense. Roman's play design. Roman's scheme.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I didn't realize that Christian Wade (#45) was playing for us last year.

 

That was Marcus Murphy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Greg Roman is a top 10 OC in the league. He got fired here to save Rex and his lardy brother's arse....

 

I do not agree. Offense got better with Lynn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...