Man The Fins going the Sam Hinkie 76ers route

Man if McDermott loses to these guys the next 2-3 years he should just hand in his resignation...Maybe trading the team bus soon if they can acquire a 6th...but when you have a team openly tanking like this makes you think might be time for a draft lottery in the nfl as this is essentially a homecoming weekend for anyone on their schedule 

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man if McDermott loses to these guys the next 2-3 years he should just hand in his resignation...Maybe trading the team bus soon if they can acquire a 6th...but when you have a team openly tanking like this makes you think might be time for a draft lottery in the nfl as this is essentially a homecoming weekend for anyone on their schedule 

I thought they were selling stadium seats next, it's not like they're using them.

31 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Fins might wait for Trevor Lawrence .

Yep. This is a Browns style tank ... all the way down to (possibly) 0-16, not this year, but next year. They're accumulating tons of draft capital - I think it's now 7 picks in the first two rounds? They can pull off whatever trade they want to to get their guy, and I suspect that Rosen will be their Deshon Kizer bridge sacrificial lamb, with maybe Lawrence on the radar for 2021.

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. This is a Browns style tank ... all the way down to (possibly) 0-16, not this year, but next year. They're accumulating tons of draft capital - I think it's now 7 picks in the first two rounds? They can pull off whatever trade they want to to get their guy, and I suspect that Rosen will be their Deshon Kizer bridge sacrificial lamb, with maybe Lawrence on the radar for 2021.

If this is a browns style tank we should expect the Dolphins to be good in 2029 - 2030 ish (and that is assuming they are good this year, and the jury is still out on that)?

Edited by Klaus

11 hours ago, Klaus said:

If this is a browns style tank we should expect the Dolphins to be good in 2029 - 2030 ish (and that is assuming they are good this year, and the jury is still out on that)?

Yeah. It can take a while, and nothing is guaranteed. But ... they could be decent as soon as 2022, and really good after that. 

The difficulty for the Fins becomes the Front Office and Coaching.  They are going to be historically bad this year.  Do they keep the HC and FO and draft with them in mind?

I think they are still going to be super bad next year - so if they make a change at that point - now potentially all of the picks are wasted with new schemes.  If they keep them - they are still going to struggle and potentially have 2 years of multiple picks wasted.

This is where the Browns failed - they didn’t clean house and put together picks at the same time - so draft picks failed one after another with scheme change and coaching change.  I can see the Dolphins doing the exact same thing because the HC seems like he has lost the team and the FO has been poor on evaluations, but the owner is letting them utilize this vision for tank and rebuild.  

I think they change course half way through and the rebuild becomes more of a failure.

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

The difficulty for the Fins becomes the Front Office and Coaching.  They are going to be historically bad this year.  Do they keep the HC and FO and draft with them in mind?

I think they are still going to be super bad next year - so if they make a change at that point - now potentially all of the picks are wasted with new schemes.  If they keep them - they are still going to struggle and potentially have 2 years of multiple picks wasted.

This is where the Browns failed - they didn’t clean house and put together picks at the same time - so draft picks failed one after another with scheme change and coaching change.  I can see the Dolphins doing the exact same thing because the HC seems like he has lost the team and the FO has been poor on evaluations, but the owner is letting them utilize this vision for tank and rebuild.  

I think they change course half way through and the rebuild becomes more of a failure.

Is there a team left to lose? ?

9 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Is there a team left to lose? ?

There isn’t talent left, but at least 1/2 of the players currently on the team - will be on the Fins again next year - along with a lot of draft picks.  If the players that survive the purge are not all bought in - then that can infect the next group of picks before things even start.

They really need a solid 3-5 year plan and to me it starts right now by firing the GM and hiring a young GM and letting him know we are firing the coach after the season and I want a young Offensive HC candidates.  If they let Flores survive after this year - the tanking and rebuild will fail because you will switch regimes in the middle or come out of this with a coach with like an 8-40 record by the time you can compete.