What Would You Give UP for A.J. Green?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

2 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

If Cinci goes 0-3, I believe they will put Green on the trade block. The question then becomes, what playoff contender pays the highest for him. Personally, I think he  gets traded for a 4th round pick.

That’s something I would pay for A.J. Green. Wouldn’t go much more given age, contract status, and injury history. 

A 5th that could conditionally become a 4th depending on availability. The Bengals are going into a rebuild here shortly imo, especially if we can win the game on Sunday. They will probably look to be moving what they can for draft assets. I would give up nothing higher than a 4th though. 

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

I'd give them Zay and mid-round draft pick.

This is probably the best idea out of the lot. Makes sense for both teams.

Regarding giving away "at least a 1st round pick" for him... that's a pretty bad look for you. Good idea, bad execution.

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Easily without question would give up a 4th.  

I would be hesitant for a 3rd, but wouldn’t hate it either, and be reluctant if we they wanted a 2nd given next year should be a great WR draft.

But AJ Green , Smoke, And Beasley would be one hell of a combo going into playoffs to have to defend.  

That would be adequate compensation to me as well. Now, my question is do you trade for Jalen Ramsey?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No he's not.

He was for a couple of years, but hasn't been for a while.

Hard pass.

You are flat out wrong.  He was dominant last year.  I had him in fantasy and watched him frequently, he is still an absolute beast when he is out there.  He played the first 9 games last year before his foot injury and had 46 catches, for 694 yards and 6 TD's.  That is 82 catches, 1233 yards and 11 TD's over 16 games, but he hasn't been great in "awhile" lmao.  I feel like you saw that Green has been out for a bit, looked at his age and just determined that he isn't a great player anymore.  People can say what they want about his injuries but suggesting that A.J. Green hasn't been a top level receiver for awhile is absolutely absurd.  

15 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

This is probably the best idea out of the lot. Makes sense for both teams.

Regarding giving away "at least a 1st round pick" for him... that's a pretty bad look for you. Good idea, bad execution.

Pretty bad look for me eh?  I guess I can kiss my burgeoning NFL front office career goodbye then, what a disappointment.  Pretty bad look?  An anonymous person suggesting on football fan message board trading a first round pick for AJ Green is "a pretty bad look" lol.  I tremble at thought of the repercussions that will come from me looking so bad from suggesting such a thing.  I feel like "pretty bad look for you" is something you probably say way too often in your life and when it really doesn't apply.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

17 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

You are flat out wrong.  He was dominant last year.  I had him in fantasy and watched him frequently, he is still an absolute beast when he is out there.  He played the first 9 games last year before his foot injury and had 46 catches, for 694 yards and 6 TD's.  That is 82 catches, 1233 yards and 11 TD's over 16 games, but he hasn't been great in "awhile" lmao.  I feel like you saw that Green has been out for a bit, looked at his age and just determined that he isn't a great player anymore.  People can say what they want about his injuries but suggesting that A.J. Green hasn't been a top level receiver for awhile is absolutely absurd.  

Good thing I didn't say that then....

Anyway, extrapolating stats is a fool's game.  Over 1200 yards?  He's done that 3 times in 8 years--the last time was 4 years ago.  Contrast that with AB (last 6 seasons over 1200, 3 0ver 1400) and Jones (last 5 seasons over 1200 yards, 4 of them over 1400).

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Easily without question would give up a 4th.  

I would be hesitant for a 3rd, but wouldn’t hate it either, and be reluctant if we they wanted a 2nd given next year should be a great WR draft.

But AJ Green , Smoke, And Beasley would be one hell of a combo going into playoffs to have to defend.  

Hmmm, Alpha, who would you cut?  :lol:

Buddy, I am kidding, you know I am.  However, I not only agree with you on the above, but I am there with you on the excitement level meter.  This is worth looking into.  If he is back in a couple of weeks I am willing to have AJ Green be a rent a player, if need be.  

Is he a risk?  Yes.

Does he make this team better?  Absolutely he does.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I’d give it a few weeks to assess whether we can make a legitimate run at the Lombardi THIS YEAR. Then, go for it with a second round pick.  

Those few weeks would also allow Green to show he's back and healthy. If so, I go with a 4th, maybe a 3rd, maybe. Depending on how good he looks and how the physical checks out.

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Good thing I didn't say that then....

Anyway, extrapolating stats is a fool's game.  Over 1200 yards?  He's done that 3 times in 8 years--the last time was 4 years ago.  Contrast that with AB (last 6 seasons over 1200, 3 0ver 1400) and Jones (last 5 seasons over 1200 yards, 4 of them over 1400).

Greene is still a legit #1(still below AB and Jones i would agree but not by much). AB and Jones both played in pass happy offenses. The Ginger isn't known for slinging the rock around like that. Watch AB this year,  i doubt he puts up ridiculous numbers without Big Ben.