I don't like Josh Rosen but I feel bad for him

Inigo Montoya

17 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Looking at the sarcasm I suspect you were one of those who hated the Allen pick and are simply in denial now. 

I stated I thought he was another California flop.  I think you are counting only those in repeated arguments with you not entire board so you are exaggerating.

A young QB who by most accounts is a major douche that is stuck on a Miami Dolphins team that has a chance to be historically bad this year.  This sounds like a combination that Bills fans should be celebrating. 

I hate the ***** Dolphins. The misery in south Florida brings a smile to my face.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Nobody can obviously say exact number.

But in general Nihilarian is right. Find the draft thread and the moment we were on the clock and we new it was going to be either Josh. Also look at posts shortly after selection. There were like 30-40 posts screaming Rosen a IIRC only Nihilarian and maybe one other guy said Allen is better choice.

I think it was quite a clear indication what fans thought at that time. 

Thank you! 

On another note, I can recall posting in thread after thread before the draft that Allen was the object of being on a bad team at Wyoming where he had no solid players around him on offense. Basically, exactly what he had in his first season in Buffalo with a bad line, lousy receivers and no run game. Actually, everyone that had touched the ball on offense at Wyoming with Allen in 2016 was gone for 2017 and he was forced to play with first year players learning their jobs.

Sadly, though, not many Bills fans were buying it because of his supposed bad accuracy stats at Wyoming. Never mind the fact that Allen didn't throw a lot short passes, bubble screens like Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold did in College that helped their stats and completion percentage. Allen was in a pro style passing scheme with a lot of deep throws at Wyoming. It wasn't just his big arm, physical traits either. It was also his rah rah, never give up attitude in which he basically carried his team to winning seasons and bowl games.(something that Rosen did not do)

In my view, anybody that really deeply researched Allen loved what he brought to the game. Allen, from his being a 180 lb skinny kid who was forced to attend a junior college  his first year because nobody wanted him. Allen sent out over 1000 emails to colleges asking for a scholarship only to find two colleges in the entire country to invite him for an interview . Then one rescinded the offer once they found out he was interviewing with Wyoming. 

Like I said, Rosen was on a bad team in 2018 just like Josh Allen and which one rose from the ashes? Rosen could have worked to advance his craft at Arizona and instead the team that drafted him chose to jettison him. In my view, Rosen is an entitled brat who deserves the Dolphins. 

I stand by what I stated, that the majority of this board hated Allen before the draft and were very upset that the Bills passed on Rosen to draft Allen.

I'm just happy the Bills GM, scouts knew what they were doing. Beane rules! 

I do feel for him or anyone put in the situation he was put in. I'll admit I wanted Rosen over Allen. My only concern at the time was a history of concussions for Rosen. This is why I'm not a GM or pretend to be. I mean, there's a ton of people on this board who thought Star was brought in to terrorize QB's. Having said this, if Allen gets drafted by Arizona then gets traded to the fish, does anyone think he does any better? Probably not. I am soooo glad we took Allen, by the way.

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I don't follow Alabama. I hear a lot of people call Tua a bust in the making.

Compared to Tua,  is Rosen better or worse?

A new report says they are tanking for Trevor in 2021.  So it looks like one more year in Miami for Rosen if he survives.

Rosen was honestly my choice over Allen for the pick at 7. Since then, I can happily admit that I was wrong about Allen, and I'm even starting to drink the Kool-Aid about him being a franchise QB.

That said, a lot of the complaints that I heard about Rosen seemed unfair. That his Judaism was going to get in the way in a heavily Christian locker room. That his family being well off meant that he didn't "need football" and would be less driven to succeed.

To me, it's now more telling that the Phins won't replace Fitz for him, but it's hard to deny that the Dolphins look incredibly dysfunctional right now. They are very clearly and purposefully shedding talent for the future, and while they aren't alone, they are doing it hardcore and looking dreadful in the process. Now, every player with the talent to be valuable elsewhere is desperately looking to leave. I doubt that Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes would look halfway decent in that situation.

Football gods are busting a gut laughing at Rosen right now. I can't remember a young QB more in need of correction attitude wise than Rosen, if one believes what was being said about him (at least some of which was definitely true). I also can't remember a young QB being more humiliated than Rosen, especially given his self importance. And the football gods are probably not through with him yet, if reports that the Fins are out to draft another QB in the first round are true. Maybe if it doesn't kill him it will make him stronger (and better).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

Football gods are busting a gut laughing at Rosen right now. I can't remember a young QB more in need of correction attitude wise than Rosen, if one believes what was being said about him (at least some of which was definitely true). I also can't remember a young QB being more humiliated than Rosen, especially given his self importance. And the football gods are probably not through with him yet, if reports that the Fins are out to draft another QB in the first round are true. Maybe if it doesn't kill him it will make him stronger (and better).

Certainly seems like it couldn’t have happened to a better guy. 

I am not a fan of Rosen but I think he got a raw deal in AZ. Either AZ realizes they screwed up in drafting him because he wasnt the QB they thought or Murray was too tempting. I think the only way Rosen has some success is being a back up for a decent team and play due to an injury. I dont see Rosen as the type of QB that can make plays out of nothing or the kind of QB that can carry a team. 

I'm a UCLA guy and I'll be the first to admit that Rosen doesn't come across as particularly likeable.  I do think he has great arm talent, but he just isn't a leader on the field or in the locker room by all accounts.  And he throws some truly baffling balls under pressure.  Just completely chokes when there's a free rusher coming his way.  Still, the guy has been stuck in three truly horrendous situations in a row.  The UCLA program was crumbling under Mora when he stepped in and he still managed to compile a winning record when he wasn't injured (see UCLA now without Rosen).  AZ was a complete mess and now Miami is even worse.  I wouldn't be shocked if he had enough of football after this year is through.

We will never know what might have happened had he started out or landed with a Patriot/Chief type of situation to develop, but he got the opposite of that.....TWICE!  That’s some lousy luck!  I’m curious how that might have changed the way he looks. Maybe he does end up in Green Bay or somewhere as a backup and emerge later as a viable NFL QB down the road. 

I don’t hate him because his family has money. He has a quirky personality, I get it, but I’ve never even met the guy so I won’t judge him. It’s not a good look, but I don’t know enough to judge. I’ve heard him in interviews where he sounds like a decent guy, despite his general image. 

Edited by Augie