I don't like Josh Rosen but I feel bad for him

Inigo Montoya

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

I don't feel bad for the guy at all! He was born with a silver spoon as his family is rich. He was given every chance to succeed in college and yet he wasn't a winner. His teammates couldn't stand him as he was an arrogant prick. Hot tub in his dorm room...

Look at the team Josh Allen was on last season and he made the best of it and came out better for it. If Rosen is worth anything he will take any opportunity to play to develop his craft. Yeah, he will probably have a new HC next season in Miami and perhaps it will be an offensive mind. If he lives that long :lol:

Just remember that 90% of this board wanted to draft Rosen and hated the Allen pick...what about now!

Really 90% of the board?  Is that based on number of posts or posters?  You can actually count that high and do math to figure it out?

BS!

I hope Rosen has success somewhere, just not Miami (or the Cheats for that matter).

Irrespective of anything people might think about his personality, the bottom line is that he has been given no choice in how he's been handled. If he is successful at a later date - and I do hope he is - he could become the poster boy for how not to handle a QB prospect.

It should also be an object lesson for guys who want to join the NFL, especially early, in a 'this is the sort of crap that can happen to you' way. i.e. the NFL will happily chew you up and spit you out without a by your leave or thankyou.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Really 90% of the board?  Is that based on number of posts or posters?  You can actually count that high and do math to figure it out?

BS!

Nobody can obviously say exact number.

But in general Nihilarian is right. Find the draft thread and the moment we were on the clock and we new it was going to be either Josh. Also look at posts shortly after selection. There were like 30-40 posts screaming Rosen a IIRC only Nihilarian and maybe one other guy said Allen is better choice.

I think it was quite a clear indication what fans thought at that time. 

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

It's very difficult for me to "feel bad" for an extremely well-off kid who has lived a charmed life to this point.  Yes, his NFL career doesn't look so hot right now, but he's already pocketing enough dough that he will be nicely set up for life and as others have noted, he is a guy with a lot of interests outside of football.

He'll be fine.

I am not a Rosen hater and I think he does have the talent to succeed in the NFL. Unfortunately, all along the way, he has presented himself in a way that makes it difficult to root for him - and, even worse for him - he has found himself in the worse possible circumstances for a young QB to succeed.

I wouldn't say I feel sorry for him. It's life. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. It is how you respond that most often defines you. 

Of course, most of us don't walk away from a failed effort financially well off enough to pursue any other dreams or interests we may have...

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Not for nothing being the 4th QB taken in the 1st round and somehow ending up on the shittiest NFL team 2 years running is some impressive bad luck.

maybe...but he 'fell' to #10 all on his own by rubbing some teams the wrong way and Arizona didn't trade him because he was he was a great asset in their view 

Edited by x-BillzeBubba

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

BS!

Actually it was more like 95% of the board because I can count on one hand the number of posters who were behind drafting Josh Allen before the draft and the majority of this board wanted the Bills to trade up to the #2 spot with the NY Giants to draft Josh Rosen. Some were even touting the Bills give up the 2018 farm and their 2019 first round pick too.

The only posters I can recall wanting to draft Allen before the draft were theBandit27, metzelaars_lives, myself and perhaps two others who's names I can't recall. 

YoloinOhio was touting Rosen so often that he stated he was "gut punched" when the Bills drafted Allen. This board was filled with Bills fans complaining about the Bills drafting Allen. One well known poster noted for his NFL player acumen stated that he had Allen as a third round draft pick because of his accuracy.

Looking at the sarcasm I suspect you were one of those who hated the Allen pick and are simply in denial now. 

7 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I disagree. He's got more of the cutler "don't care" face to me and baker is the type of attitude that is leaf. 

Yup whatever you say "doooooont caaaaare!" 

la-1556561147-uiq6356ahi-snap-image

Everything else could be right. 

If he doesn't care, that's 100 times worse. I have to believe that he is more competitive than that to reach the levels he did in college.

No matter, I am so glad we didn't draft that Josh.

6 hours ago, Hellcamino said:

I don't feel bad for him at all. He said it himself after the Draft,  "At least I didn't wind up Cleveland or Buffalo"

I never saw this quote, do you have a link? I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything.

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Nobody can obviously say exact number.

But in general Nihilarian is right. Find the draft thread and the moment we were on the clock and we new it was going to be either Josh. Also look at posts shortly after selection. There were like 30-40 posts screaming Rosen a IIRC only Nihilarian and maybe one other guy said Allen is better choice.

I think it was quite a clear indication what fans thought at that time. 

Actually the vitriol and obnoxious nature of the Rosen backers made me not respond. Those who like Rosen thought a guy could win 7 super bowls and also "change the world". I was not in love with Allen because I knew he would take some time but I did not want Rosen at all, he is not physically good enough to be a great pro.