I don't like Josh Rosen but I feel bad for him

Inigo Montoya

I can't imagine what it's like to be Josh Rosen right now.  He was traded from last year's most dysfunctional team to this year's even worse dysfunctional team.   Talk about "out of the frying pan and into the fire...."   At some point he is going to get thrown onto the field in Miami and he is going to get destroyed.  He knows it, his family knows it, and the Dolphin's front office knows it.  At least Fitz can scramble, Rosen is a statue.  He's like a dead man walking right now.  This season is going to make his year in Arizona look like a day at the spa.

I don't like Josh Rosen.  I don't know why.  I guess he was just on the wrong side of that fine line between confident and cocky or confident and jerk to me.   He just struck me as an entitled rich kid, the kind that I grew up around and couldn't stand.  The kind of kid who pulled up to school on their 16th birthday in a new Audi and acted like they had done something to deserve it because their father was a doctor.  He just exuded that vibe to me.  Maybe I'm wrong and he's a great guy.   Who knows?

Either way, I don't think he will get a third chance in this league and he'll be out of the league at the end of his rookie contract, maybe even before.   He will have to live with the title of "1st Round NFL Bust"  attached to his name for the rest of his life.  I can see him going the Ryan Leaf route and self destructing along the way.

He is going to walk away with a lot of money in his pocket and still be absolutely miserable.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I can't imagine what it's like to be Josh Rosen right now.  He was traded from last year's most dysfunctional team to this year's even worse dysfunctional team.   Talk about "out of the frying pan and into the fire...."   At some point he is going to get thrown onto the field in Miami and he is going to get destroyed.  He knows it, his family knows it, and the Dolphin's front office knows it.  He's like a dead man walking right now.  This season is going to make his year in Arizona look like a day at the spa.

I don't like Josh Rosen.  I don't know why.  I guess he was just on the wrong side of that fine line between confident and cocky or confident and jerk to me.   He just struck me as an entitled rich kid, the kind that I grew up around and couldn't stand.  The kind of kid who pulled up to school on their 16th birthday in a new Audi and acted like they had done something to deserve it because their father was a doctor.  He just exuded that vibe to me.  Maybe I'm wrong and he's a great guy.   Who knows?

Either way, I don't think he will get a third chance in this league and he'll be out of the league at the end of his rookie contract, maybe even before.   He will have to live with the title of "1st Round NFL Bust"  attached to his name for the rest of his life.  I can see him going the Ryan Leaf route and self destructing along the way.

Does he leave a note?

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I can't imagine what it's like to be Josh Rosen right now.  He was traded from last year's most dysfunctional team to this year's even worse dysfunctional team.   Talk about "out of the frying pan and into the fire...."   At some point he is going to get thrown onto the field in Miami and he is going to get destroyed.  He knows it, his family knows it, and the Dolphin's front office knows it.  He's like a dead man walking right now.  This season is going to make his year in Arizona look like a day at the spa.

He is going to walk away with a lot of money in his pocket and still be absolutely miserable.

Yeah I mean that whole 9 mistakes ahead of me line did him no favors, but I'm not sure anyone deserves the beating he's gotten/is going to get. On the other hand odds are after Miami spits him out as they take Tua he'll probably end up on the Patriots to cause us nightmares.

Just now, The Wiz said:

I disagree. He's got more of the cutler "don't care" face to me and baker is the type of attitude that is leaf. 

I think that might be getting beat into him I mean can you imagine a more not give a ***** environment than Miami, I'm pretty sure Fitz is just picking up another check on his Florida vacation, and all the talent on the team are jumping off the sinking ship like rats.

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I disagree. He's got more of the cutler "don't care" face to me and baker is the type of attitude that is leaf. 

Yup whatever you say "doooooont caaaaare!" 

la-1556561147-uiq6356ahi-snap-image

Everything else could be right. 

Maybe you're right.  I just think that these guys who have been "The Man" ever since Pop Warner have a hard time when they flame out spectacularly.  What will make it worse for him is that he will know that he never really got a fair chance to succeed and that will be the thing that eats at him more than anything.  It's one thing to lose, it's another thing to be cheated.  I think it's a lot harder to let those ones go.

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Maybe you're right.  I just think that these guys who have been "The Man" ever since Pop Warner have a hard time when they flame out spectacularly.  What will make it worse for him is that he will know that he never really got a fair chance to succeed and that will be the thing that eats at him more than anything.  It's one thing to lose, it's another thing to be cheated.  I think it's a lot harder to let those ones go.

Not for nothing being the 4th QB taken in the 1st round and somehow ending up on the shittiest NFL team 2 years running is some impressive bad luck.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

He needs to call Byrd and get a reference to his doctor.  Plantars Fakeitis looks real good right now.  It might make a difference in being able to walk next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think he'll bust because the evidence when he was on the trade market was that the GMs around the league didn't want him & QBs are so well scouted at the pro level once there's film on him vs NFL players (as opposed to evaluating them in college where most of the players they're playing with and against won't ever play a down in ab real NFL game) that anyone with potential is overvalued, not undervalued.  When he was on the trade market the Dolphins were able to trade down & send a lower 2nd only after they recouped a 2nd in next years draft.  QBs who drop in value almost always bust.   The fact that Fitzpatrick is still starting over him after 2 horrible losses is pretty much a death knell for his career.  

Rosen will be fine when he leaves football.  He has other interests outside of football.  In fact, he might not have much more interest in football after the way he's been bounced around.   

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I can see Green Bay taking him on as a backup next season behind Rodgers.  That is assuming he's still alive after this season.

Miami might want to keep him as cannon fodder until next years rookie QB gets ready.

By then he will have 3 years in the league.

But like you said "assuming he's still alive".

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I don't follow Alabama. I hear a lot of people call Tua a bust in the making.

Compared to Tua,  is Rosen better or worse?

Only things I know about Tua is he came in the second half and one the championship for Alabama one year and he already has a robot foot.

54 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I don't know, I mean with these athletes as soon as they have a narrative take place it is hard to shake it. Rosen was drafted and said he was going to make the 9 teams ahead of him regret it. Cocky, right? A year later Arizona fans on Reddit are talking about how much it sucks for Rosen and how during his time with Arizona Rosen embraced the community and was considered a good teammate.

When he was traded to the Dolphins his response was, "Well, it's not like I am some child soldier in Darfur. I've had it pretty good. I agree with you, it sucks for him, but maybe if we can justify not liking him then we don't have to feel that way. 

6 hours ago, Hellcamino said:

I don't feel bad for him at all. He said it himself after the Draft,  "At least I didn't wind up Cleveland or Buffalo"

Thank you.

I spend none of my time feeling bad for d***s.  He was a d*** before, a d*** after, but hopefully won’t be one forever.

This is coming from someone who wanted him, before I found out more about him.

EDIT:  and for all get out, my opinion of him has absolutely nothing to do with his politics, some of which I believe in myself.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I can see Green Bay taking him on as a backup next season behind Rodgers.  That is assuming he's still alive after this season.

I think you nailed it Doc...one of the Sean McVay disciples will pursue him and try to resurrect him.   I may be in the small minority but I do believe he will show something this year.  Something may be a high 70's Quarterback Rating and a 10+ Passing TD Year.  I think being around Fitz day to day will help him immensely. 

The roster is bad-- but they drafted some good OL talent -- OT Prince from Ohio State and G Dieter from WI.  He has Parker and Drake--despite the purge there is some young talent on O...Its a 3-13 or worse roster but there is something to work with.

On D....Yikes....

• Like (+1) 1

I don't feel bad for the guy at all! He was born with a silver spoon as his family is rich. He was given every chance to succeed in college and yet he wasn't a winner. His teammates couldn't stand him as he was an arrogant prick. Hot tub in his dorm room...

Look at the team Josh Allen was on last season and he made the best of it and came out better for it. If Rosen is worth anything he will take any opportunity to play to develop his craft. Yeah, he will probably have a new HC next season in Miami and perhaps it will be an offensive mind. If he lives that long :lol:

Just remember that 90% of this board wanted to draft Rosen and hated the Allen pick...what about now!

• Like (+1) 1