Feels like Ramsey to bills an option...

Hebert19

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Cover 2 is not the same as the Tampa 2.  It has evolved and I believe is the most common base defense in the NFL today.

My point is Tampa2 took over the NFL for 3 to 5 years.  It then became so common that it gets easily exploited in passing situations if diagnosed.  That now is happening with the Seattle cover 3.  The Jags run the closest version and rarely deviate.  There is do deception with what they do. 

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Hell no....i don't want him. Locker room problem. He would be a chemistry killer.

I don't think he is a chemistry killer. Could be.  But you sure as hell don't know.

I don't see the fit here, but it's from a cost stand point for a player you won't have beyond 2020. Also, he wants to shadow best receiver and play mainly man to man. We don't do that. I'm not saying we wouldn't be better with him. We would be. But our entire defensive scheme would change.

And it's reported that he is well liked by his teammates on defense...I think it was Ryan Clark who said this recently.  He is there best player in my opinion.  I like the Brinks truck move too. It is fun and harmless and assists him in his leverage, even in an indirect, incalculable way. 

Why are so many fans afraid of the modern day star athlete?  It's not a made for TV movie here.  If Buffalo wants to win they need great players.  Most great players know they are great.  Put them in a position to succeed and make plays, they will have no issue.  

• Sad 1

Tuesday going into week 3 I think Buffalo wins starts 3-0.  Buffalo is going to be favored in 9 to 10 of the last 14 games.  Now what is the point of all this?  Make the playoffs or chase a championship?  Buffalo HAS to make a few moves to have a shot vs beating KC and NE in January.  Ramsey instantly turns Buffalo from a nice little team and story to an actual contender.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Tuesday going into week 3 I think Buffalo wins starts 3-0.  Buffalo is going to be favored in 9 to 10 of the last 14 games.  Now what is the point of all this?  Make the playoffs or chase a championship?  Buffalo HAS to make a few moves to have a shot vs beating KC and NE in January.  Ramsey instantly turns Buffalo from a nice little team and story to an actual contender.

Im not seeing it. Secondary is already a strength and in McDermotts defense press man isn’t all that useful. 

Ant collateral burnt at this stage, to me should be an elite WR or DE. Not a corner. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Im not seeing it. Secondary is already a strength and in McDermotts defense press man isn’t all that useful. 

Ant collateral burnt at this stage, to me should be an elite WR or DE. Not a corner. 

What #1 or Edge rusher is available?  The pass defense can shut down 3/4 of the league.  Ramsey gives them a shot at shutting down Brady, and Mahomes.  You do that you can beat anyone anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

What #1 or Edge rusher is available?  The pass defense can shut down 3/4 of the league.  Ramsey gives them a shot at shutting down Brady, and Mahomes.  You do that you can beat anyone anywhere.

No he doesn’t.  Brady put up around 300 yds and a 100+ passer rating last year. JR can limit exactly 1 WR and that’s not how this defense plays. 

Regarding WR and Edge, my point is that what the roster needs to get to the next level so any collateral spent is better spent there. 

Who- look around at the crumbling teams for ideas. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Doug Marrone is hated among this fan base b/c he turned his back on the team/city, or at least is perceived as such.

He is actually a pretty decent, no-nonsense HC, and he did as well with this team as any coach in a long time.

I don't have a problem with him.  If I'm McDermott, I would want to know why Marrone had a personal feud going with this guy....and I would be concerned that if Marrone didn't like his sorry ass, I wouldn't either.

Long way of saying Ramsey is likely not a process guy, but I have no idea.  I know nothing about him.

If he is a good coach, why is his team which was a game away from the SB a couple seasons ago going in an opposite direction? 

14 hours ago, hmsmystic said:

I wouldn't pay that much for him for a 1 year rental.

He does't seem to fit into our culture- fighting with coaches, driving the bus over every qb in the nfl and pulling into camp in a brinks truck

Also he is going to want a FORTUNE come contract time, and I'd rather see the $$ go to Tre D

Culture before skill as far as I'm concerned.  He doesn't fit the Bill's culture.

All this talk about not wanting Ramsey is a joke. Sounds like the same nonsense we heard about AB and now he'll be tearing it up with Brady. We must add players of this caliber even if they are a bit conceited. The coaches need to deal with that effectively. It's part of the job. The culture isn't about humility. It's about outworking the other teams. I bet if Ramsay could join up with Hyde, White and Poyer, he'd be happy as a clam, well behaved and helping us win even more. You DO want to win, right? It requires talent as well as commitment.

We can negotiate a new contract with him like we did with Shady and ask him before pulling the trigger what it would take to sign him long term. White is solid. Ramsey is elite.

The last team to win the AFCE other than NE was a team with great defense and the best CB in the league. Now that AB is a Pat, we need a guy like JR more than ever.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

Ramsey is a headcase. I could have seen Minka Fitz more than Ramsey if the Bills wanted an all in type move to add a piece to the team. However I don't think the front office is going to make a big splash giving up a first or second rounder. I could see them giving up a third or less to add a starter at a critical position either on the edge rush or at tightened/receiver. Barring significant injury I don't see the Bills going after other positions. 

I also think such a trade is going to come closer to the trade deadline as i think McBeane is going to want as many games as possible to assess where the needs truly are and wait out any injury risks.