Feels like Ramsey to bills an option...

Hebert19

24 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I almost think you want to blow up the 2019 Bills team with this move.

Great talent is not worth the negative impact.  When I was working, these were called "high maintenance" people.  Good at their jobs, created problems that offset the good work.  Never wanted them on my team.

I agree. Ramsey would be a great addition. Excellent talent, but his behavior is probably not going to change. A player of his calibre would make beating the Pats a lot easier.

Edited by Rocket94

I like the idea of talking to Yeldon.  The Bills at least have to look into it.  It gives us a near pro-bowl caliber player at EVERY position in the secondary.  

That said, if the due diligence turns up that he is a pain in the a**, and won't play zone (as oppossed to not wanting to play it for blow-hard st. doug), then that's a no.  

Also, I wouldn't part with a 1st for him.  

Here is a list of UFA Cb's next year: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/cornerback/  (not sure if there are many good ones on the list).  

There might be other CB's up for sale near the trade deadline that will be a better fit for the culture. 

Now, I'm in the do the due diligence camp, but I don't envision a positive report coming from that, or the trade price being okay (I'd do no more than a 3rd).  

10 hours ago, hmsmystic said:

I wouldn't pay that much for him for a 1 year rental.

He does't seem to fit into our culture- fighting with coaches, driving the bus over every qb in the nfl and pulling into camp in a brinks truck

Also he is going to want a FORTUNE come contract time, and I'd rather see the $$ go to Tre D

He's got two years left on his deal

No.  Friggin'.  Way.  Trading for Jalen Ramsey would be the most un-process thing ever.  They've got Tre White who will need to be paid, and they're not going to pay two CBs "lock-down" money.  This just isn't going to happen.

Wonder why the Stillers didn't trade for Ramsey instead of Fitzpatrick...maybe asking price was too high, or maybe deal with Dolphins was already done before it was known that Ramsey was on the market.   I don't think J-ville gets more than a first for Ramsey, given his baggage.

People buy into “the process” way too much. If the staff felt Ramsey would be a benefit to the team and the cost was right, regardless of his fit with the “culture,” he would be on this team.

The process doesn’t mean never having any guys like Ramsey. It means building an environment where guys like him can thrive among the rest as part of a team.

1 hour ago, GG said:

This is not an endorsement for the Jaylen trade, but Levi is being totally exposed this year.  He's a bottom tier starting CB and nowhere near a Top 30 corner.  

Au contraire -- in the past two games, Wallace has shown himself to be the master of the not-looking-back-at-the-QB-pass-breakup-that-borders-on-PI-but-luckily-isn't.

I don’t understand how people think every player that hits the trade block would be a fit for us. 

Doesn’t fit the culture or process that McD preaches, and our primary defense is a zone coverage defense.  Ramsey wants out of jacksonville because they play too much zone. 

18 minutes ago, elijah said:

I don’t understand how people think every player that hits the trade block would be a fit for us. 

Doesn’t fit the culture or process that McD preaches, and our primary defense is a zone coverage defense.  Ramsey wants out of jacksonville because they play too much zone. 

Josh Norman became a household name in this defense.  Ramsey would be in a better situation here.  Jax plays the same dated Seattle cover 3.  That defense is going the way of the tampa 2.  Its been around so long teams know how to attack it.  The end of the day, playoff football becomes match up football.  Ramsey allows the Bill's to matchup with NE and Kc.  Ramsey and White can help slow those offenses down.  Right now the Bill's will have their handsful with both.  

Edited by Mat68

Doug Marrone is hated among this fan base b/c he turned his back on the team/city, or at least is perceived as such.

He is actually a pretty decent, no-nonsense HC, and he did as well with this team as any coach in a long time.

I don't have a problem with him.  If I'm McDermott, I would want to know why Marrone had a personal feud going with this guy....and I would be concerned that if Marrone didn't like his sorry ass, I wouldn't either.

Long way of saying Ramsey is likely not a process guy, but I have no idea.  I know nothing about him.

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

You wanna compete with the Pats, you go get Jalen Ramsey and put opposite Tre White. Process guy?? Come on, he was coached by St. Doug. Yeldon left the sainthood. I'd go talk to Yeldon and ask his opinion of Ramsey and the situation in Jax with St. Doug. If Yeldon gives the thumbs up, then I'm going in. Hell, maybe Josh will invite him to live with him 

Wow, you took one sentence I said and addressed it, while completely ignoring the rest of what I said. I think I said I'd trade for him, even if just for a one year rental. 

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Josh Norman became a household name in this defense.  Ramsey would be in a better situation here.  Jax plays the same dated Seattle cover 3.  That defense is going the way of the tampa 2.  Its been around so long teams know how to attack it.  The end of the day, playoff football becomes match up football.  Ramsey allows the Bill's to matchup with NE and Kc.  Ramsey and White can help slow those offenses down.  Right now the Bill's will have their handsful with both.  

The Cover 2 is not the same as the Tampa 2.  It has evolved and I believe is the most common base defense in the NFL today.

12 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I was honestly thinking this earlier tonight.  The trade war is on.  I realize he seems to be a garbage human being but he may be able to thrive on a team like the Bills.  Add him to our defense and maybe we have the one team that can Match up against the Pats.  Ramsey, White, Poyer, Hyde, Milano, Edmunds, Taron Johnson.  That looks pretty damn nice.  

Ramsey thrives in man to man coverage. We play primarily zone. Nuff said ..