Feels like Ramsey to bills an option...

Hebert19

The guy is really good.  He's the second biggest jackass in the league, behind AB, but hed give us a legit shot at stopping Brady from picking us apart as usual.  

He'd probably be fine with the process as long as the team keeps winning.  As much as I hate him as a person,  I hate losing to NE more.

7 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Hear me out.  

MCD loves him some D.  We are in good call standing.  He's young.  We are 2 and 0 with an already strong D.  We have depth where Jacksonville may need help.  Who wants Zay Jones??  :). 

Zay, Wallace, and a 2nd round pick for Ramsey.   Call up Duke and we can stake claim to best secondary on the league by far to chase Brady. 

Not at all.  Fitzpatrick was an option because he could play inside/outside/safety - he gives teams a flexibility to counter and match formations.  

Ramsey is strictly outside and wants man.  Not a good fit.  

Ramsey talks to much trash compared to his play. Not a good fit.

Ramsey wants to be overpaid for his play.  Not a good fit.

In short - Ramsey does not feel like an option at all.  Not even a tiny bit.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Hear me out.  

MCD loves him some D.  We are in good call standing.  He's young.  We are 2 and 0 with an already strong D.  We have depth where Jacksonville may need help.  Who wants Zay Jones??  :). 

Zay, Wallace, and a 2nd round pick for Ramsey.   Call up Duke and we can stake claim to best secondary on the league by far to chase Brady. 

Obviously, you don’t have a clue about what the coach and GM are building here, and an attitude like Ramsey would be the LAST thing allowed through the doors at OBD.

Well they tried to trade for one idiot (AB) so I guess this would be a possibility but he does not seem like a Buffalo Bill type

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I love the "pay Tre" logic.  Tre is good, not elite, you just don't get better by not trying.

You also just don't just get better by adding "talent".  This has been proven over and over.   Personalities, off the field issues, attitude, contract are also taken into account among other things

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would have liked Fitzpatrick (although didn’t want to do a 1st). He was a guy that could have taken us  to the next level. Ramsey has the talent to do the same but is potentially a problem in the locker room. The Bills don’t need that at the moment. I’m passing on him for the reason.

Fitzpatrick's versatility in our defense would have been NICE.

Ramsey to some extent is a duplication of Tre, only wants to play man to man, no zone and is not a "process" guy.

Look for Philly / Seattle here, both are desperate for help in the back half and usually aggressive enough to put up what it would take in trade.

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

They'll never trade him in conference.

I feel like he's going to the Packers or Falcons. 

Oh come on. Most people say that teams don’t like to trade within their Division but within the Conference? That’s a bit of a stretch. What’s next...within the League?

9 hours ago, Paulus said:

Not a process type guy. That said, I'd like to see the Bills use a 3d and Zay for the 1 year rental of Ramsey. Itd make the season a smidge more interesting.

You wanna compete with the Pats, you go get Jalen Ramsey and put opposite Tre White. Process guy?? Come on, he was coached by St. Doug. Yeldon left the sainthood. I'd go talk to Yeldon and ask his opinion of Ramsey and the situation in Jax with St. Doug. If Yeldon gives the thumbs up, then I'm going in. Hell, maybe Josh will invite him to live with him 

• Like (+1) 1

It makes zero sense. Yes he’s a great talent( I’m even a homer as an FSU fan) but he’s a problem child when this team has great chemistry. The Bills would have to pay him a ton of money. 

They also already had the # 1 pass defense in the NFL last year and seem to be headed for top 5 again this year. Why would you disrupt that chemistry especially when you have Levi Wallace on a dirt cheap contract and fits in with the other 3 guys in the secondary. Ramsey comes in and wants to be the alpha dog in that secondary. 

If were trading for defense it should be for pass rush

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why give up a starting DB in Wallace who is dirt cheap and is probably no worse than a top 30 CB?

Draft picks I would be fine with.  Taron Johnson ok.  Zay or Foster i'm ok with too.  

This is not an endorsement for the Jaylen trade, but Levi is being totally exposed this year.  He's a bottom tier starting CB and nowhere near a Top 30 corner.  

• Like (+1) 1

I almost think you want to blow up the 2019 Bills team with this move.

Great talent is not worth the negative impact.  When I was working, these were called "high maintenance" people.  Good at their jobs, created problems that offset the good work.  Never wanted them on my team.

• Like (+1) 1