Feels like Ramsey to bills an option...

Hebert19

Jalen Ramsey used to find out the name of the girlfriend of the quarterback he was about to face in college, and then send her crazy Instagram and IM messages. She would invariably go to her boyfriend and it often made the QB insane. That's genius. He stopped doing it when he got to the pros because he said that these grown ass men have wives not girlfriends, and they will shoot you if you go after their wives. ;)

• Haha (+1) 3

17 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Hell no....i don't want him. Locker room problem. He would be a chemistry killer.

I don’t necessarily want him, but this whole “locker room problem/chemistry killer” thing goes away pretty quick if Josh Allen reaches out to the guy and leads the welcome wagon once he joins the team. That’s what leadership is. The way this team is rallying behind Josh right now, if he makes a move like that, everyone else will be good. 

Also, even malcontents can get in line when they see how “The Process” is a foundation of a winning culture. In New England, they call it “The Patriot Way,” and it has brought everyone from Chad Ocho Cinco to Antonio Brown into compliance. People buy into a culture when you show them evidence of its worth and give them a reason to buy in. Jacksonville hasn’t given anybody a reason to buy into anything. 

Edited by WickedGame
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Cover 2 is not the same as the Tampa 2.  It has evolved and I believe is the most common base defense in the NFL today.

Cover 2 refers to when a defense employs 2 high safety's

The Tampa 2 takes the MLB and drops him back into a deep third making it a modified cover 3 basically

23 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

I don’t necessarily want him, but this whole “locker room problem/chemistry killer” thing goes away pretty quick if Josh Allen reaches out to the guy and leads the welcome wagon once he joins the team. That’s what leadership is. The way this team is rallying behind Josh right now, if he makes a move like that, everyone else will be good. 

Also, even malcontents can get in line when they see how “The Process” is a foundation of a winning culture. In New England, they call it “The Patriot Way,” and it has brought everyone from Chad Ocho Cinco to Antonio Brown into compliance. People buy into a culture when you show them evidence of its worth and give them a reason to buy in. Jacksonville hasn’t given anybody a reason to buy into anything. 

Like Derek Carr reached out to AB?  He did and it did not work.  You can't fix crazy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Hear me out.  

MCD loves him some D.  We are in good call standing.  He's young.  We are 2 and 0 with an already strong D.  We have depth where Jacksonville may need help.  Who wants Zay Jones??  :). 

Zay, Wallace, and a 2nd round pick for Ramsey.   Call up Duke and we can stake claim to best secondary on the league by far to chase Brady. 

Minkah Fitzpatrick gets a First. And you think Levi Wallace, Zay Jones and a 2nd round pick is gonna get you an Elite CB. Ha ha ha ha

• Like (+1) 2

I don;t think Ramsey helps you beat Mahomes or Brady.   Ramsey if very good at what he does.  But I don't think he is a difference maker to beating those guys. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Minkah Fitzpatrick gets a First. And you think Levi Wallace, Zay Jones and a 2nd round pick is gonna get you an Elite CB. Ha ha ha ha

M. Fitzpatrick in in year 2 of a rookie contract.   That makes a huge difference. 

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

I don;t think Ramsey helps you beat Mahomes or Brady.   Ramsey if very good at what he does.  But I don't think he is a difference maker to beating those guys. 

M. Fitzpatrick in in year 2 of a rookie contract.   That makes a huge difference. 

It is a bit. But not enough. Ramsey is a top 3 CB. You think you are getting him for nothing. 

Rumors are already has two offers both include One 1st. 

Gonna take the First to get a conversation and gonna cost more to make the trade happen

On a side note. Bills fielding a top 3 defense against the pass dating back to last year. How much more does Ramsey bring?  How many more wins does Ramsey bring to this roster?

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It is a bit. But not enough. Ramsey is a top 3 CB. You think you are getting him for nothing. 

Rumors are already has two offers both include One 1st. 

Gonna take the First to get a conversation and gonna cost more to make the trade happen

I am not arguing. I don't know what it takes. Can you give examples of recent trades other than Khalil Mack where someone gave up a first, and then gave a full market value FA contract to the person targeted? Do you think Ramsey is more valuable than Clowney? (Maybe he is, I don't know, feels like Clowney is the closest comp though)

4 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Tuesday going into week 3 I think Buffalo wins starts 3-0.  Buffalo is going to be favored in 9 to 10 of the last 14 games.  Now what is the point of all this?  Make the playoffs or chase a championship?  Buffalo HAS to make a few moves to have a shot vs beating KC and NE in January.  Ramsey instantly turns Buffalo from a nice little team and story to an actual contender.

I know instant gratification is big these days, but it is not recommended for long term success.

McBeane is building this team thoughtfully, with a goal to have a sustainable, successful franchise.

Be patient.

Our future is bright.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I am not arguing. I don't know what it takes. Can you give examples of recent trades other than Khalil Mack where someone gave up a first, and then gave a full market value FA contract to the person targeted? Do you think Ramsey is more valuable than Clowney? (Maybe he is, I don't know, feels like Clowney is the closest comp though)

Lets see he is equal talent in his position to these players

Mack 1st plus

Amari Cooper 1st 

Better than Fitzpatrick 1st plus

Tunsil Multiple 1sts

Frank Clark 1st plus

OBJ 1st plus

those are the top end players in their positions traded past 2 years. 

Ramsey is going to start at a 1st to get conversation started. 

Just heard on our local news channel (central Florida) that two teams have offered 1st round picks for JR. The teams were not identified unfortunately. Sorry if this has been posted. I didn't read through all the pages of the thread. 

43 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Like Derek Carr reached out to AB?  He did and it did not work.  You can't fix crazy.

I wouldn’t put Derek Carr in the same zip code, much less the same ball park as Josh Allen when it comes to having the respect of his teammates. Not even close. 

There’s also a big difference between a guy who had no choice in which team he was trade to vs. a guy who has been given permission to find a team to be traded to. AB’s stunt was nothing more than an orchestrated stunt to get away from a place he didn’t want to be. The Raiders are the Jaguars in that comparison, not the Bills. 

Not that it’s worth us squabbling over it, mind you. I’d rather just stay excited about the guys who ARE on this roster and the good things they’re doing. Go Bills!