Gase - on Trumaine Johnson & other topics (updated Jamal Adams no longer follows the Jets on social & removed the Jets on his bios media)

Reed83HOF

40 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The man is an offensive and mathematical genius ;)

Down 16-3 on 4th and 4 he goes for it with his 3rd string QB.

Kick the FG rocket doctor and its a 2 score game and your team might get some momentum.

Please...this is a ridiculous criticism.  The Jets had near zero chance to win kicking a FG there.  Just hand the ball to Bell on third and fourth down and they probably end up scoring a TD on that drive.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Reader said:

I feel conflicted about this.

Like being a Bills fan, this is great. Gase seems to have the charisma of a rabid dog.

I just feel badly for the players. Someone is going to have to waste their prime playing for a HC more concerned about winning a pissing contest than showing some actual humility.

Don't feel too bad for them, they're grown men, making more money than 99.9% of all of us, and they are doing that playing a game. I'd take it.

Gase already in sulk and blame everyone else mode. That season could go south quickly.

10 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Reading the comment above about Wrex and Gase both setting their franchises back years made me think. Which was more stupid, the Bill's hiring Wrex after the NJ trainwreck or NJ hiring Gase after the Miami garbage? I'd say at least Wrex was entertaining at press conferences.

Can I get a "Is this thing on?"

• Haha (+1) 2

I'm hoping that the Darnold sickness buys him at least another year. He can blame the kicker for week one. He can blame Greggo along with the Darnold sickness for a while. Hopefully this leads to 0-5 at least. Starting out 0-5 their playoff chances will be pretty much zilch. Hopefully after that he gets some "moral victories" of some kind along the way where he can point to those things as improvements, as long as it is not at our expense of course, and sucker the Jets into giving him another year. 

• Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm hoping that the Darnold sickness buys him at least another year. He can blame the kicker for week one. He can blame Greggo along with the Darnold sickness for a while. Hopefully this leads to 0-5 at least. Starting out 0-5 their playoff chances will be pretty much zilch. Hopefully after that he gets some "moral victories" of some kind along the way where he can point to those things as improvements, as long as it is not at our expense of course, and sucker the Jets into giving him another year. 

Exactly! We want them to come back and win 7 or so games this year.  Enough to show some "growth" and keep him there another season.  This Darnold sickness is a huge blessing for the anti Jet fans, this will buy him at least 3-4 games after Darnold gets back and probably the whole season.  He might have been fired at mid season and replaced by Williams until the end otherwise.

9 hours ago, Reader said:

I feel conflicted about this.

Like being a Bills fan, this is great. Gase seems to have the charisma of a rabid dog.

I just feel badly for the players. Someone is going to have to waste their prime playing for a HC more concerned about winning a pissing contest than showing some actual humility.

Maybe some of those players will decide to jump ship as free agents and join a franchise that they can see has it all together, like the Bills.