Gase - on Trumaine Johnson & other topics (updated Jamal Adams no longer follows the Jets on social & removed the Jets on his bios media)

Reed83HOF

Gase doubling down on last week's presser.  The guy plays the locker room like a violin.  Hes plucking all the right strings at all the right times.  The man is a genius and KNOWS how to inspire his troops.  Its a pleasure to watch him work.  The Jets are going 14-2.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Troubling trend: The Jets have a loudmouth for a defensive coordinator -- Gregg Williams -- and he choked on his words after tweaking Odell Beckham Jr. the other day in a contentious news conference. "Odell, who?" Williams asked, revealing a smug smile. Beckham exacted revenge, ripping the Jets for 161 yards on six catches. That included an 89-yard touchdown in which the Jets played a soft zone behind a four-man rush.

Williams actually did a decent job of confusing Baker Mayfield by mixing up his coverages, but he ended up with egg on his face because of the Beckham explosion. That's Williams in a nutshell: He's a smart defensive coach, but he can embarrass your franchise because of his mouth and reputation.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/80948/jets-doomed-by-bad-football-bad-qb-luck-and-it-will-get-worse

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

"The thing is, as head coach, I can pretty much bench whoever I want!  Its pretty cool I guess. No more questions tonight, guys! Hey, Manish, no more crappy articles this week about how I'm a dick or whatever AND THAT'S AN ORDER!! Total head coach move there.  Later losers!!"

• Haha (+1) 1

The man is an offensive and mathematical genius ;)

Down 16-3 on 4th and 4 he goes for it with his 3rd string QB.

Kick the FG rocket doctor and its a 2 score game and your team might get some momentum.

He may be better than Wrex at destroying a franchise by calling his players out and benching them.

Their starting MLB is out with a hammy because Williams had him run 50yds trying to cover a TE that a safety should been on.

I see 0-8 in their future and a very short future for Gase.

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Gase won’t last more than 2 years in NY which is too bad. The guy gets so much credit for being an offensive genius simply because he brought Peyton Manning his coffee every morning.

The good news for the Bills is that 2yrs will set them back 5 like Wrex did here.

Just look at the train wreck he left in Miami.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

I feel conflicted about this.

Like being a Bills fan, this is great. Gase seems to have the charisma of a rabid dog.

I just feel badly for the players. Someone is going to have to waste their prime playing for a HC more concerned about winning a pissing contest than showing some actual humility.

3 minutes ago, Reader said:

I feel conflicted about this.

Like being a Bills fan, this is great. Gase seems to have the charisma of a rabid dog.

I just feel badly for the players. Someone is going to have to waste their prime playing for a HC more concerned about winning a pissing contest than showing some actual humility.

Meh. Just cry about it enough and you'll get traded. It's all the rage right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Gase doubling down on last week's presser.  The guy plays the locker room like a violin.  Hes plucking all the right strings at all the right times.  The man is a genius and KNOWS how to inspire his troops.  Its a pleasure to watch him work.  The Jets are going 14-2.

Thanks, scottlaw!

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The good news for the Bills is that 2yrs will set them back 5 like Wrex did here.

Just look at the train wreck he left in Miami.

Realistically rex didn't set us back 5 full years. We made the playoffs the first year after he left and we are looking damn good 3 years later

He just destroyed what we were building

• Like (+1) 5