Mayfield is << Allen

cage

The way I see it is lets wait and see if any of these guys actually become something before caring about Allen is better than Mayfield!  5 years from now this could be like comparing two guys who busted out and no one will care.  They both are mixed bags at this point but Mayfield has had more success based on his rookie year.  It is just too early.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

elite guys can win without running games and those guys are Brady, Brees, Rodgers , was Roethlisberger and probably Mahomes.

Wilson has proven he needs a running game which isnt a bad thing , very few are elite .

Nope.

see above

Yes.

Hes no John Skelton thats for sure

14 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...OMG!....Allen praise from Da Biscuit?........taking three Excedrin with a pint of Bourbon and laying down...my evening is upside down with this "breaking news".....:D...I may call 911 to check on you..........

Easy, Big Boy.  I believe he's saying Allen having the #2 D to play with is his big advantage.  No need for a 911 wellness check.

Not that I'm trying to discourage you from the pint of Bourbon ?

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Team on field.  Ass on bench. Not injured. That is benched.   

Mayfield didn't play well, but he wasn't benched and you know it. You're doing a great job trolling though. He also had next to no help either. OBJ dropped at least 2 passes. Callaway drops a pass that turns in to an INT. Mayfield was hit on the early INT to Sherman, causing the throw to be short. Chubb was really the only guy on offense to play well. 

If that is the case, by your definition, Tom Brady has been benched. Peyton Manning. Drew Brees. The list goes on. 

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

It's no different here. The Beasley tip 6 and yeldon stopping dead in his tracks are along the same lines. People will look at the "context" of the play however they want. 

With mayfield i look at it like... sure the picks weren't your fault... but what about the passes that were insanely inaccurate that weren't picked off?

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Mayfield didn't play well, but he wasn't benched and you know it. You're doing a great job trolling though. He also had next to no help either. OBJ dropped at least 2 passes. Callaway drops a pass that turns in to an INT. Mayfield was hit on the early INT to Sherman, causing the throw to be short. Chubb was really the only guy on offense to play well. 

If that is the case, by your definition, Tom Brady has been benched. Peyton Manning. Drew Brees. The list goes on. 

Yeah - sort of like pulling your goalie in a blowout.  

There has to be some blame on him for both.  The callaway throw was behind his knee... not exactly pinpoint ball placement in a clean pocket.  Allen gets dinged for this all the time - mayfield was supposed to be super accurate.  The sherman one is on him - didn't step into his throw and yes he was hit but then don't throw it.  

9 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I would say he was “benched” as that term is commonly used. Even pro Browns sites are using that term. https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/10/29/bench-baker-mayfield-for-his-own-protection/

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Easy, Big Boy.  I believe he's saying Allen having the #2 D to play with is his big advantage.  No need for a 911 wellness check.

Not that I'm trying to discourage you from the pint of Bourbon ?

...NOT TO WORRY!......just teasing my buddy (he knows I am; we joust and joke back and forth).......all is good....:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Why did my thread about Sherman/Mayfield get closed because someone posted something about it here in a thread that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT TOPIC?  This is a Mayfield/Allen thread that has nothing to do with that.

If anything THOSE posts should have gotten merged in my thread since that was pertinent to my thread not this one.

My God what has this board become? Im supposed to magically know that off topic items are being discussed in random threads now?? Then im told to use the search button? How bout people not post off topic items in the wrong threads?

SMFH

There are several ways to take up an issue of moderation in a constructive, civil and non-disruptive fashion.   This is not one of those ways.

We all know the rules: use the search function before starting new threads.  Typing  "Sherman" in the search box is not magic.  Finding an item about "Mayfield" in a thread with "Mayfield" in the subject: line does not seem random or "off topic".

People have different viewpoints on whether topics deserve their own thread.  Some feel we should have a separate forum for other NFL teams.  That hasn't happened, but this IS primarily a Bills forum.  Perhaps separate threads for every small kerfluffle involving players on other teams is not needed, where if it involved Bills players it would be OK. 

Bottom line, sometimes a mod's judgement will differ from yours.  Go re-read the TOS under "Browse" "Guidelines" and decide if you're OK with them.

On 10/9/2019 at 1:21 PM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Mayfield is getting grilled on most every site.

This is what happens when you have a good rookie year and people crown you king before the next season starts 

It’s because he’s an arrogant #### sucker. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Browns gonna brown, doesn’t seem to matter who their QB is. They may go 8-8 this season, maybe not. 

Go Bills!!!