Mayfield is << Allen

cage

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's actually not a fact

Lots of people have lost a great work ethic do to a variety of different reasons

Again he walked on at 2 D1 schools and won QB jobs... He had to have a tremendous work ethic to do that

I suppose this could be true. If so, it may be more troubling than him not having the goods from a talent standpoint. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I know I shouldn't care about Jon Ledyard but the stunning bias on display here blows my mind.

It's no different here. The Beasley tip 6 and yeldon stopping dead in his tracks are along the same lines. People will look at the "context" of the play however they want. 

Why did my thread about Sherman/Mayfield get closed because someone posted something about it here in a thread that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT TOPIC?  This is a Mayfield/Allen thread that has nothing to do with that.

If anything THOSE posts should have gotten merged in my thread since that was pertinent to my thread not this one.

My God what has this board become? Im supposed to magically know that off topic items are being discussed in random threads now?? Then im told to use the search button? How bout people not post off topic items in the wrong threads?

SMFH

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

lets pretend situtational analysis has nothing to with it.  Mayfield was benched last night. The guy either sucks or spent his off season reading his press clippings instead of preparing.  

I don’t think him not playing the last series constitutes a benching.  They were blown out and he may suck or may have read his press clippings, but he was not really benched.

17 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Why did my thread about Sherman/Mayfield get closed because someone posted something about it here in a thread that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT TOPIC?  This is a Mayfield/Allen thread that has nothing to do with that.

If anything THOSE posts should have gotten merged in my thread since that was pertinent to my thread not this one.

My God what has this board become? Im supposed to magically know that off topic items are being discussed in random threads now?? Then im told to use the search button? How bout people not post off topic items in the wrong threads?

SMFH

I am confused also-I do not think Sherman has anything to do with Allen-but Sherman is not a liar he knew he could defend himself on a technicality and decided to trash another player for no reason besides he is a loser.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It's no different here. The Beasley tip 6 and yeldon stopping dead in his tracks are along the same lines. People will look at the "context" of the play however they want. 

That's probably what he means by biased, that Ledyard didn't look too hard for context with Allen's ints.

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That's probably what he means by biased, that Ledyard didn't look too hard for context with Allen's ints.

Gotcha. I thought he was just talking about how he was making excuses for Baker (excluding Allen completely). 

He had a bad game. Not worth overreacting. I bet he'll be fine. Just like Josh Allen will be fine after he has bad games.

We won't truly know for a couple more years about these guys.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

SMFH

1*ZAweoYPrwJMVVjkrwu1U9w.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, eball said:

Umm, Russell Wilson is elite.  It's a crime he isn't mentioned right along with Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, etc., when folks are talking about the best QBs in the game.  If Russell continues to play at this level he's a first ballot HOFer.

elite guys can win without running games and those guys are Brady, Brees, Rodgers , was Roethlisberger and probably Mahomes.

Wilson has proven he needs a running game which isnt a bad thing , very few are elite .

21 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Wilson is elite. 

I'd say his worst case of all existing QBs is Matthew Stafford. Not from a tools perspective but from wins and losses. His floor is like that. Could play a decade and have many great games and lay some eggs too. But Josh's style at his floor reminds me a lot more of Jake Plummer. 

Nope.

21 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

You think Russell Wilson is not elite?

see above

21 hours ago, matter2003 said:

You sure about that?  Wilson is the NFL MVP right now. Dude is playing out of his mind...12 TDs 0 INT's completing over 73% of his passes for a ridiculous QB rating of 126.3

Yes.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or it’s because he has a career 70 qb rating.  Some of you just look to be outraged. Our defense constantly gets praised because they are legit awesome.  I think Allen has improved in some areas but he is far from a star qb at this point.  

Trust me, if he gets to a legit level, he will get plenty of praise.  How many qbs with that low of a rating get national attention?

Both are pretty bad stat lines if you’re being honest.  Once again, it just shows football is the ultimate team game.  

Mayfield has regressed badly this year and has a rating lower than Allen...he still gets tons of media attention.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

elite guys can win without running games and those guys are Brady, Brees, Rodgers , was Roethlisberger and probably Mahomes.

Wilson has proven he needs a running game which isnt a bad thing , very few are elite .

Here’s a clue: If your test for who is an “elite” QB somehow excludes Russell Wilson, then you need a new test.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I don’t think him not playing the last series constitutes a benching.  They were blown out and he may suck or may have read his press clippings, but he was not really benched.

Browns offense was on the field.  mayfield was on the bench.  That is benched. benching is not a permanent condition.  But it is a simple fact he was benched in the niners game.  

3 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Browns offense was on the field.  mayfield was on the bench.  That is benched. benching is not a permanent condition.  But it is a simple fact he was benched in the niners game.  

If you truly believe that then you don't know football. He got beat around all night, and down 28 with a minute or minute and a half? Preventing injury and benching are 2 very different things.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Mayfield has regressed badly this year and has a rating lower than Allen...he still gets tons of media attention.

All the media attention Mayfield is getting is that he is horrible.  

16 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I would be pissed if we didn’t pull Allen in the same scenario. The game was over and the only thing that could happen at that point is a stupid injury. 

3 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Ahh - so I get it - that means the Pats have benched Tom Brady several times this year as with big leads the NE offense is on the Field and Brady is on the bench - now I get it.

I would have thought one of the best QBs of all time would not be repeatedly benched, but apparently NE when winning decides it is better to bench him.

You are correct that he was not on the field in an game they were not winning and could not win for the last drive against a team that was trying to kill him.  I would not say benched because if that was a 1 score game and they had a chance to win or tie - my guess is Mayfield is out there.  He was replaced to protect him from injury.

Kitchens would be getting destroyed if anything had happened to Baker on that last drive - just as he should be getting destroyed for letting Beckham return a punt down multiple scores where he ends up getting smacked around and fumbling.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

All the media attention Mayfield is getting is that he is horrible.  

I would be pissed if we didn’t pull Allen in the same scenario. The game was over and the only thing that could happen at that point is a stupid injury. 

Then Allen would be benched. Words have meaning.  Lets not pretend that Mayfield was not a primary reason the situation led to their being no point to play.  As a sidenote, 22 other guys on the field were still out risking injury.  Half of them in large part because Mayfield sucked.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I don't know what media you're watching.

After Monday's game, the national media has been pretty critical. Mayfield's only defenders this week seem to be on WGR.   

15 minutes ago, cle23 said:

If you truly believe that then you don't know football. He got beat around all night, and down 28 with a minute or minute and a half? Preventing injury and benching are 2 very different things.

Team on field.  Ass on bench. Not injured. That is benched.   

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I don't know what media you're watching.

Who is saying Mayfield is good right now?  The best part will be if Mayfield turns it around by the end of the season, it will completely switch again. Sports media and fans are like 13 year olds in overreacting. 

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Then Allen would be benched. Words have meaning.  Lets not pretend that Mayfield was not a primary reason the situation led to their being no point to play.  As a sidenote, 22 other guys on the field were still out risking injury.  Half of them in large part because Mayfield sucked.

No one is arguing that Mayfield was not bad, but just like NE and KC when winning big - pulling your QB does not mean the same thing as benching.  

Words have meanings and being benched means he was pulled because of his play and the back-up is playing the rest of the game you are trying to win - not one drive at the end of a 4 score blow out.

Being benched does not meaning being pulled in a blowout even if it totally your fault for the blow out.  

Yes - other players are still on the field, but coaches can’t forfeit- so you need people out there.  They had back-ups in at QB and WR to protect their investments.  I honestly could not figure out why they let Chubb run the ball as he has been their entire offense, but I think Freddie is totally overmatched as a coach and really is not on top of things.

• Like (+1) 1