Mayfield is << Allen

cage

3 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

because it doesn't support the analytics community's biases. they use college production to predict NFL production. Mayfield was productive in college in a big-time program and Allen was a nobody, nobody school with no record of production. So Mayfield gets more benefit of the doubt 

Case in point, straight from this week!

"Owns FBS, American Athletic Conference and ECU career (399) and single-season (158) standards in receptions"

https://ecupirates.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=696

A shame that Zay Jones, who owns these records, could not translate his game in the NFL. Stats are just one part of an equation...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

The talking heads will continue to piss on Allen because he is a small college QB on a small market team.

He isn’t allowed to grow into his role in this instant gratification society.

Or it’s because he has a career 70 qb rating.  Some of you just look to be outraged. Our defense constantly gets praised because they are legit awesome.  I think Allen has improved in some areas but he is far from a star qb at this point.  

Trust me, if he gets to a legit level, he will get plenty of praise.  How many qbs with that low of a rating get national attention?

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Both are pretty bad stat lines if you’re being honest.  Once again, it just shows football is the ultimate team game.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or it’s because he has a career 70 qb rating.  Some of you just look to be outraged. Our defense constantly gets praised because they are legit awesome.  I think Allen has improved in some areas but he is far from a star qb at this point.  

Trust me, if he gets to a legit level, he will get plenty of praise.  How many qbs with that low of a rating get national attention?

...LMAO!!...from YOU Bisquit?......I'll be "tanning in Hell's Kitchen" before that ever happens.....:D.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Imo,  Allen is completely under rated.  I know PFF wants to make Bill's fans seem delusional for saying this.  Allen is being taught the position.  They are giving him field reads, I dont see alot of scripted 1 read throws this year.  Through 15 games hes got more wins then losses.  4 comeback wins, 5 game winning drives.  

I think Allen has improved in some areas but I do think having the #2 defense is the main reason for our wins.  Mayfield, despite his regression, won’t be 2-3 here as with most qbs.  Allen has a great advantage a lot of qbs don’t.  

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO!!...from YOU Bisquit?......I'll be "tanning in Hell's Kitchen" before that ever happens.....:D.

Haha, I mean I’d love to. I think he has improved his short passing accuracy.  I still think he is a bit of a roller coaster and I would love a more consistent guy.  For instance, and it wasn’t all on him, if we didn’t have a great D, that Jets game could have been over in the first half.  

I just would like to say once and for all that we have a really good qb without making excuses why his stats are so bad.  But it’s a long season, we are 4-1, so hopefully we will see more growth. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Allen has improved in some areas but I do think having the #2 defense is the main reason for our wins.  Mayfield, despite his regression, won’t be 2-3 here as with most qbs.  Allen has a great advantage a lot of qbs don’t.  

...OMG!....Allen praise from Da Biscuit?........taking three Excedrin with a pint of Bourbon and laying down...my evening is upside down with this "breaking news".....:D...I may call 911 to check on you..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/16/2019 at 8:34 PM, cage said:

I watched most of the Browns/Jets game tonight and this is the first time I saw Faker Playfield outside of highlight clips.  

I corrected the spelling for you. I don't put much faith in the NY Jets' forum, but they did have this one correct.

17 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

On draft night, but QB board was in order:

1. Baker
  2. Allen
  3. Darnold
  4. Lamar
  5. Rosen (actually liked Mason better, but this is based on the consensus top 5 that were expected to go first).  

Whose QB board?

I don't know how Mayfield will respond, but I do think the offseason stuff gets blown out of proportion. What I'm observing is that teams are taking away the throws he's capable of making and daring him to beat them on those that require more arm strength. That arm is nothing special and teams adjust. 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kyler is a different player than Baker. Same college scheme but Kyler is much more athletic and that allows him to adjust in ways that Baker cannot. I always thought Baker was a more accurate passer than Kyler but Baker is so inaccurate now. Worst completion % in the league which i know doesn’t tell the whole story but he also leads in INTs

An extra half second or even fraction of a second from the OL can make a huge difference to completion percentage for a QB, especially to a young QB still learning to process what he sees.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:01 AM, Buffalo716 said:

Well that's why I said it is possible he is losing it

But typically someone that driven who had a crazy work ethic doesn't loose it that quick... Unless he gets too full of himself too quick

It's also like I said pre draft... he was sooo polished it is possible he was close to being maxed out

Typically doesn't happen with 22 year old QBs but he already maxed out his frame, had tremendous touch and anticipation. His room for growth wasn't as much as like a guy like Allen or Lamar or even Darnold

He came in day 1 ready

Losing it?

If he's losing it already, he never had it.

Just now, inaugural balls said:

Losing it?

If he's losing it already, he never had it.

That's actually not a fact

Lots of people have lost a great work ethic do to a variety of different reasons

Again he walked on at 2 D1 schools and won QB jobs... He had to have a tremendous work ethic to do that