Mayfield is << Allen

cage

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Baker & Lamar will come back to earth. Mahomes is the real deal. And Josh & Sam will continue to improve. 

I love Allen and i have been behind the kid since they drafted him.

However, I wanted both Watson and Mahomes...not hind sight, just being honest.

I thought Mahomes was a piece of Clay that you could shape being into great.  Who knew that when you took the wet towel off he was already the statute of David?!

GO Bills and Go Allen!!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

3 games in and Kitchens is terrible? Overreact much?

He’s been terrible for 3 games. It’s not overreaction to anyone but Browns homers. It feels desperate now. Sorry. Can he turn it around? Sure. But that’s what he is right now 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

However, I wanted both Watson and Mahomes...not hind sight, just being honest.

Mahomes is the real deal. But I am not really seeing Watson as a big miss when we landed Allen. I can easily see Allen being on the same level as Watson. Watson is a good QB but not without his own flaws too. People rip Houston's o-line but Watson doesn't do the line any favors holding the ball forever too. But both Watson and Allen are gamers that when they have the ball in their hands in the final minutes you know you have a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Mahomes is the real deal. But I am not really seeing Watson as a big miss when we landed Allen. I can easily see Allen being on the same level as Watson. Watson is a good QB but not without his own flaws too. People rip Houston's o-line but Watson doesn't do the line any favors holding the ball forever too. But both Watson and Allen are gamers that when they have the ball in their hands in the final minutes you know you have a chance. 

Absolutely agree, S Dubs, but this was before we had Allen.  

Man, additionally he needs a line.  Big advantage for him:  Hopkins.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s been terrible for 3 games. It’s not overreaction to anyone but Browns homers. It feels desperate now. Sorry. Can he turn it around? Sure. But that’s what he is right now 

Yeah I never realized so much of his production last year came from two games last year against the Bengals who had a historically bad defense last year. 

Allen was a little similar with a good portion of his production coming against Miami but Miami's defense was not nearly as bad as the Bengals D last year. And Allen, minus the turnovers has looked greatly improved over last year.

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He did make history last by calling a draw play on 4 and 9

That team needs some discipline. Most penalties in the league. Thats on the HC

Yes, they need to reduce penalties, obviously. But being 3 games in, and having 18 in the 1st game skews things a bit. I think they had 6 last night, and 6 or 7 in game 2, so they are "balancing" out. Still too many, but improving.

I honestly think Baker is pressing with trying to get OBJ the ball, and the offense in general is trying too hard for the "big play." If they simplify it down and hit the open man, the offense will improve dramatically. Chubb is the real deal and the running game would be even better if the passing game was a little more competent. 

Baker needs to get back to what worked last year and stop trying too hard. They need to run more quick passes with a weaker o line and let the receivers make plays like OBJ did against the Jets.

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Isn't his throwing hand basically injured? He went from good to bad pretty much immediately after suffering that injury against the Titans. Seems like it's playing a role.

34 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah I never realized so much of his production last year came from two games last year against the Bengals who had a historically bad defense last year. 

Allen was a little similar with a good portion of his production coming against Miami but Miami's defense was not nearly as bad as the Bengals D last year. And Allen, minus the turnovers has looked greatly improved over last year.

He was 1-5 vs playoff teams. The one win was 9-6 over the Ravens. He rolled up stats vs a very depleted bengals team playing Jeff driskel at QB. I actually thought he looked pretty good at times. But the toughest defense he will need to overcome is .... his film

• Like (+1) 1

I think Cleveland did him a disservice this off-season.

1) Promoted a coordinator from within to be a first time head coach. He only had the one year as a coordinator. I don’t think he’s a bad offensive mind. But being a head coach is also quite a bit about dealing with personalities, and delegating responsibilities. 

2) Traded for a “Diva” receiver: I think OBJ is a great receiver, but he really has a trend of making things about himself. 

3) Downgraded their offensive line: Bringing back Greg Robinson as your Left Tackle?!?! Trading away a Pro-Bowl level player in Kevin Zeitler... these moves are just indications that they put more emphasis on “shiny toys”, like Beckham, as opposed to shoring up their trenches. 

All of this seems to be the complete opposite of what Buffalo did.

Beane & McDermott...

1) kept the coaching staff together for its 3rd season. McDermott being a great delegator and Allen keeping the same offensive coordinator and system. 

2) While we did invest plenty into weapons like Brown and Beasley, we had no choice. But the true Money and draft capital was invested into offensive line. Long, Feliciano, Spain, Morse, Nsekhe plus drafting Ford is a strong investment.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's got happy feet due to his offensive line imploding at any time.  He drops back to far or scrambles before he needs to.  There were multiple plays in last nights game where the Rams only sent 3, Mayfield would run scared with no one around him, and the middle of the field was wide open to scramble for a few yards.  Instead, he'd roll out deep and add 10-15 yards to his throw, meanwhile corning himself 1 on 1 with a defender.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fan_in_tx said:

The #1 we should really be questioning is Kyler Murray ..  If you watched his career through HS and College he was flat out great.  He looks lost in Pro offense. 

what was it 41 attempts for 180 yards?

I'm no math wiz, but that's pretty bad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Please dont just come in here and drop that with at least some sort of proof of why you feel that way.....

Mayfield has NOT looked better then Josh Allen

I don't understand why it's that controversial of an opinion. Baker threw for over 4000 yards and 28 TDs last year while playing in one of the worst coaching situations in recent memory. His Oline this year makes ours last year look like starters in the pro bowl. He's gone against two tough defenses so far (Rams and Titans) and we've gone against three bottom five defenses. 

I'm not saying Josh has no chance to be better than him or anything else like that...just that Baker has looked better and had more success in his short career to date.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, VW82 said:

I don't understand why it's that controversial of an opinion. Baker threw for over 4000 yards and 28 TDs last year while playing in one of the worst coaching situations in recent memory. His Oline this year makes ours last year look like starters in the pro bowl. He's gone against two tough defenses so far (Rams and Titans) and we've gone against three bottom five defenses. 

I'm not saying Josh has no chance to be better than him or anything else like that...just that Baker has looked better and had more success in his short career to date.  

I am talking about this year

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am talking about this year

I think the sample size is too small to do that but if we want to ignore any/all prior context, I think they've both been underwhelming. Baker looks confused every time a defense shows man and flips to zone or vice versa. He's missing open guys. I don't think their offense suits him very well. Josh has made way too many mistakes this year vs. some of the worst defenses in the league. OTOH I thought he played well vs. Giants (also one of the worst defenses in the league). I like both guys' upside. 

Edited by VW82

4 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

) Promoted a coordinator from within to be a first time head coach. He only had the one year as a coordinator. I don’t think he’s a bad offensive mind. But being a head coach is also quite a bit about dealing with personalities, and delegating responsibilities. 

He wasnt even a coordinator. He was a RB coach that was moved to interim OC when they fired Hue. He had never had real coordinator experience and never gone through an off season as a coordinator let a lone a HC. Baker and him seemed to have a good relationship which is why they made the move but I think its beginning to show that he isnt ready to be a HC.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, VW82 said:

The Jets with Mosely are a bottom 5 defense? And the Jets without Mosely still had Baker all types of confused. Allen looked much better against the Jets, even with Mosely, than Baker did withou t him for 3 Qs.