Money on the Money downs and in the Money quarter: A Josh Allen Story

Logic

51 minutes ago, zevo said:

Ok so I listen to a ton of fantasy podcasts from so called fantasy experts....the narrative of josh Allen inaccuracy continues....I know it shouldn’t bother me but it is beginning  to piss me off. These guys either aren’t watching the full tape or literally picking a handful of throws to fit that narrative...they literally laugh at how wildly inaccurate he is. 

The bigger frustration for me is he made 2 superstar throws yesterday and no one talks about it. I know I shouldn't care but I can't imagine if Watson dodged a sack and threw a dime back across his body on a critical 3rd down late in the game. It would probably make end of the year highlights. Allen did it, and it wasn't even his best throw of the game, and there are crickets. I think he will have to make some throws like that in the playoffs to get the media's attention.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

To be fair Orton was going to take a big hit if he tried to get the first down on the play you are likely referencing against Denver...he chose not to go for it...probably was 50/50 on whether he would have gotten the first down...clearly not 10 yards of open space before sliding...maybe a yard and a half

Thank you for clearing that up Mrs. Orton. My recollection of that play differs.

Edited by chris heff
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

To be fair Orton was going to take a big hit if he tried to get the first down on the play you are likely referencing against Denver...he chose not to go for it...probably was 50/50 on whether he would have gotten the first down...clearly not 10 yards of open space before sliding...maybe a yard and a half

It was a chicken***** play by Orton.  We're fighting for the playoffs and he bails.  Fitzy would of (sic) dove for it.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It was a chicken***** play by Orton.  We're fighting for the playoffs and he bails.  Fitzy would of (sic) dove for it.

I agree...but at that point he knew it was it for him and he didnt want to risk it.

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The bigger frustration for me is he made 2 superstar throws yesterday and no one talks about it. I know I shouldn't care but I can't imagine if Watson dodged a sack and threw a dime back across his body on a critical 3rd down late in the game. It would probably make end of the year highlights. Allen did it, and it wasn't even his best throw of the game, and there are crickets. I think he will have to make some throws like that in the playoffs to get the media's attention.

Eh, fret not my friend. The media is littered with a bunch of dumb c*nts who go off of box scores and "advanced numbers" instead of actually watching the games they are reporting on. They also have their favorites they play to of course. None of the Bills players are on the list of balls they feel the need to wash yet so this is what we are left with. I'm good with that. We all see the progress with our team. 

16 hours ago, Logic said:

In the NFL, what separates decent or good NFL quarterbacks from ELITE NFL quarterbacks is what they do on 3rd down and what they do in the 4th quarter.

Well, in just 13 career starts, Josh Allen already has three (or is it four?) fourth quarter comebacks. Clutch. 

You're including the Houston game last year, where he started but didn't finish because of injury.  So he's actually got 4 fourth quarter game-winning drives in 12 starts.    

16 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Why do intelligent people do this?  Drives me crazy...

16 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Way way too early in the season for stats to mean much. The sample size is too small, and as you yourself said, we've faced two bad defences.

I'm happy with Josh so far. I really am. I see some improvement. But it's just about impossible to know how much of the improvement is from bad defences and a small sample size making luck and situation too big of a factor and how much means something. How much is from shorter passes than most (his AY/A is 6.7, very short) or defensive game plans? Hell, who thinks Gardner Minshew will be #2 on the list at the end of the year, or Dak Prescott #1 or Sam Darnold #5? Or Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Rivers and Ryan all outside the top seven?

But I personally really do think we'll see some genuine improvement that will still be there by midseason and even at the end of the year.

Couple of things here to nitpick at.

I agree small sample size but when did the Jets become a bad defense?  Also your small sample size is killing his AY/A because of flukey interceptions (they get -45) not because of short passes his (Y/A is 7.6 which is 15th).  Wanna see short passes? Darnold and Trubisky both have Y/A below 5.0!!!!