Bills Can Win the Division

35 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I agree but neither did Ben Roethlisberger.  Father time has a way of winning every time. 

Big Ben got smashed every week of his career... 

I know the injury was non contact but he still took tons of hits

Brady takes more of a beating during his workouts than in games

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

To win the division we most likely need to sweep our division including beating the Pats* twice.  That means we have to consistently improve week to week, and avoid injuries.

Not impossible. 

i'm not putting $100 on it, so i won't waste people's time with sugar plum whim wishes how i have a feeling it could

grew up with too many alpha males to say silly things a second time.....  :D

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

To win the division we most likely need to sweep our division including beating the Pats* twice.  That means we have to consistently improve week to week, and avoid injuries.

Not impossible. 

Most obvious. Yes sweep the AFCE and don't lose games you are not supposed to

or  sweep the JETS and FISH.  Split with NE and hope SOS actually means something 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

13 hours ago, row_33 said:

Been reading this every year of the Brady Era.

enough already....

“Duh..... you just put a little pressure on Brady and he duh...... crumbles.... it’s easy....”

you just let me know how majy thousands of $$ you have wagered on the Bills beating the Pats and I might think you are a real football fan.

Unnecessary comment.  I haven’t been broken like a horse.  I look at every season as a new one.

No disrespect intended for the team you worship.  I’m just not convinced that they’re a similar jauggernaut to 2007 based on big wins over the Steelers and Dolphins.  They may be, as I said,  but a better sample is needed.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Not impossible. 

A split with pats might get it there. But it feels like 2007 for them. No gronk? No problem... they  raise you 1 head case hall of fame bound WR 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

23 minutes ago, Success said:

A lot of the Pats success this year is tied to 2 superstar receivers whose ability to play every week is questionable, and a 42 year old QB whose o line is patchwork at the moment.

Let’s see how things play out.

I dont remember AB playing the first game. I would say Edelman and Dorsett along with the runningbacks have more to do with the wins. Although I do expect both Gordon and Brown to be around all season.

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

I dont remember AB playing the first game. I would say Edelman and Dorsett along with the runningbacks have more to do with the wins. Although I do expect both Gordon and Brown to be around all season.

The 1st game?  Against a terrible Steelers team?

Great point.

well, Brady does have an injured calf. Probably hurt on the QB sneak TD. 

The more they try to pretend like he's a real football player, the better. 

I'm all for him running the Philly special. They keep trying it even though it never works and last year he nearly blew out his knee trying to catch a pass. 

We CAN win the division.  That doesn’t mean it’s “probable”, but with our schedule I think we will get to 11 wins and flirt with 12.  

NE is Beatable and if we can split with them and get to 11 or 12 wins we will be in the race.  But it’s IMPERATIVE we take care of business against all of the opponents we SHOULD beat, and Cincy is next up in that list.  We can’t lose any of the games we are favored in.  And it’s mandatory to sweep Mia and Jets, plus at least splitting with Pats.

So, while it’s certainly possible and will be in the race deep into the season, I still think it’s definitely more probable we will be a wildcard as NE’s floor is 11-12 wins.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We CAN win the division.  That doesn’t mean it’s “probable”, but with our schedule I think we will get to 11 wins and flirt with 12.  

NE is Beatable and if we can split with them and get to 11 or 12 wins we will be in the race.  But it’s IMPERATIVE we take care of business against all of the opponents we SHOULD beat, and Cincy is next up in that list.  We can’t lose any of the games we are favored in.  And it’s mandatory to sweep Mia and Jets, plus at least splitting with Pats.

So, while it’s certainly possible and will be in the race deep into the season, I still think it’s definitely more probable we will be a wildcard as NE’s floor is 11-12 wins.

What makes you think "NE is beatable" this year?  They look stronger than they have in the last several years, and they won the Super Bowl last year.

I mean sure, any team is beatable, on paper, but I think this game will be a massive challenge in reality.

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What makes you think "NE is beatable" this year?  They look stronger than they have in the last several years, and they won the Super Bowl last year.

I mean sure, any team is beatable, on paper, but I think this game will be a massive challenge in reality.

They played a mediocre Steeler team that came out flat at home in NE than a Dolphin team that not only will be winless, but could maybe go winless in the XFL.

They are beatable, they lost games last year and should have never made the SB if not for an offside penalty...meaning they are beatable.

In other words, I do not believe they will go I defeated this year.  I still think they are one of the best teams in the AFC and NFL, but that doesn’t mean they are going undefeated.  

Bills are built to contend with them, doesn’t mean we will but we are a well balanced team.  I think it’s possible we could beat them week 4.  I’m not betting on it, but they aren’t untouchable.

• Like (+1) 1