Bills Can Win the Division

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

The Bills had to come from behind to win and the Pats moved the ball at will the entire game, like they usually do against the Bills.

Brady throwing 4 INT's in one is the exception, not the rule.

I know how the game went, I was there. The defense that day made plays to force those 4 ints. That’s a credit to them, not an extenuating circumstance. The fact that it was Brady they forced into 4 ints and he rarely turns the ball over makes it all the more impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

I know how the game went, I was there. The defense that day made plays to force those 4 ints. That’s a credit to them, not an extenuating circumstance. The fact that it was Brady they forced into 4 ints and he rarely turns the ball over makes it all the more impressive. 

The way they beat the Pats that day certainly wasn't sustainable. Maybe that is a better way to say it than extenuating circumstances.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Zero chance Patriots win kess than 13 games, zero. 

Zero Chance the Bills win 13. I would say the absolute ceiling would be 11 for Buffalo and I'm counting on 10.

I don't want to get into number of wins or anything like that right now.

The Bills can only control beating the Bengals right now. That's it.

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

There  are QBs going down everywhere, you never know

Well Gregg Williams could give a bounty to player who knocks Br*dy out of the game.

3 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

How big was that glass of Kool Aid? 

Not as big of your glass of cyanide but you failed to finish it.

Get to 4-0 and the division will still be up for grabs in December.   Bills and Chiefs may be three toughest games for Patriots.  But barring a Brady injury I can't see anything less than 12-4 for the Pats. I see a loss at Buffalo and loss against Chiefs in the regular season battle. Hard to come up with even one more loss let alone two.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interestingly, in the OBD upheaval after Donohoe was canned and Marv came outta the mothballs "re-tired", Ralphy offered Cowher 10 mil/yr as HC ...a buddy of mine was close friends with Brandon and saw the "back and forth texts" between Cowher and Brandon...Bill's late wife wanted no part of living in Bflo (just like Sabres and Drury's wife)...besides when Carolina fired Fox, Bill could have had the HC job right in his own NC back yard...he did though recommend Gailey (I think) to OBD.....

He did.

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The way they beat the Pats that day certainly wasn't sustainable. Maybe that is a better way to say it than extenuating circumstances.

I agree with that, you can’t count on 4 ints a game against anybody, especially Brady. Doesn’t make the win any less legit. It was an early season division game that both teams came into undefeated. He was trying his best to beat us the whole game, it’s not like it was week 17 and he played one series and never threw a pass just so he could be credited with the start. 

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well Gregg Williams could give a bounty to player who knocks Br*dy out of the game.

100 bucks of my own money to the first of my men to really nail that creep.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Outside of Miami, we have a lot of tough games and could wins/coin flips but not really any should wins (at least not yet, everything will shift as the season starts to shake out). This is a team that was Jekyll and Hyde last year. For myself, I think they need to get through about 8 weeks without getting their teeth kicked in on either side of the ball, before I start to let myself feel like we have turned a corner. Mostly because I need to see them not lose by 14ish+ to the Pats, and play competitive football against the Titans, Eagles, and Skins. 

I would argue home games against the Redskins and Jets are “should wins”.  Maybe throw Denver in there too.

Edited by RiotAct
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

as much as i'm impressed by improvements this year, i just don't think the bills are ready to beat the best team in football yet.  there's always a shot, but what a victory it would be to even split games with the pats.

A split to go 10-6 and host a playoff game is a win and a step forward.

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

realistically, the floor for the Pats this season is probably 12-4.  

However, my 100% lead-pipe-lock prediction for the Bills is also 12-4.  (After the Week 1 victory against the Jets)

So, tiebreakers... ???

0-2 v NE....we lose tiebreakers....if we split with NE then things get interesting...

5 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Patriots play the Chiefs & Texans. We don't. We are both 2-0. And yes I'm serious. This has the chance to be a Cinderella story.

Just a tip. Historically TSW threads like this begin with:

"Hear me out..."

;)

• Haha (+1) 4