Bills Can Win the Division

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

A chance?  Sure.  But you have to strongly favor the Pats.

..despite Cowher saying, "the Bills are the ONLY team tin the AFCE that can challenge the Pats", I prefer one game at a time...with al of the recent doings in the AFC, fourth seed (top WC spot) is not too bad......NINE new starters on offense with Josh and Dawkins the only returnees?...damn right I'd take it...........

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..despite Cowher saying, "the Bills are the ONLY team tin the AFCE that can challenge the Pats", I prefer one game at a time...with al of the recent doings in the AFC, fourth seed (top WC spot) is not too bad......NINE new starters on offense with Josh and Dawkins the only returnees?...damn right I'd take it...........

way to go out on a ledge Coach Cowher!!

he takes on the BIG ISSUES that NOBODY dares take on

44 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Pats road games: Baltimore, Houston, Philly.

Home games: KC, Dallas, Cleveland.

They aren't going 6-2 or better against that gauntlet. Plus they have no OL right now. Sure we beat two terrible teams. But so did the Pats.

Ol is fine. Cannon should be back this week. Wynn should be back by week 4. Pats really dont have a tough game till nov 3rd against baltimore.

My bet is they do no worst than 5-1.

Edited by Chris66

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Patriots play the Chiefs & Texans. We don't. We are both 2-0. And yes I'm serious. This has the chance to be a Cinderella story.

Day drinking is OK on occasion. Heck, it’s almost 5:00 and who doesn’t love a Happy Hour?  ?

Until the Pats are unseated, I won’t talk or even think like that. Could it happen? Yes, and I think it will.....soon. I just don’t think it THIS year. But soon. Not impossible this year, but unlikely. 

36 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Stone cold post of the century, of the week.

You beat me to it!  That post just about sums up the state of affairs over the last 18 seasons. 

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I have a feeling Brady is not going to make it through the season without some sort of injury. The guy is getting seriously old going to happen.

The old QB injury wave (Rodgers over the last couple seasons, Big Ben and Brees yesterday) needs to move NE ... it’ll happen. And you never see it coming. Adam Vinatieri? Why, a kicker in his 50s ought to be able to make extra points, right? Peyton Manning? Why wouldn’t he be an elite QB at 38 when he was clearly one at 37? And so on...

Jesus....it is week 2. Just get through Cincinnati next week. 

I am not saying we are bad or good, but this is the easiest part of or schedule. We have a lot of proving to do before we start talking about the division. Outside of Miami, we have a lot of tough games and could wins/coin flips but not really any should wins (at least not yet, everything will shift as the season starts to shake out). This is a team that was Jekyll and Hyde last year. For myself, I think they need to get through about 8 weeks without getting their teeth kicked in on either side of the ball, before I start to let myself feel like we have turned a corner. Mostly because I need to see them not lose by 14ish+ to the Pats, and play competitive football against the Titans, Eagles, and Skins. 

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

way to go out on a ledge Coach Cowher!!

he takes on the BIG ISSUES that NOBODY dares take on

...interestingly, in the OBD upheaval after Donohoe was canned and Marv came outta the mothballs "re-tired", Ralphy offered Cowher 10 mil/yr as HC ...a buddy of mine was close friends with Brandon and saw the "back and forth texts" between Cowher and Brandon...Bill's late wife wanted no part of living in Bflo (just like Sabres and Drury's wife)...besides when Carolina fired Fox, Bill could have had the HC job right in his own NC back yard...he did though recommend Gailey (I think) to OBD.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, MDH said:

There's always a chance Brady goes down to injury.

Yes, a few bucks on the Bills longshot odds might be worth it if you believe a 40 something QB is likely to get hurt.  Of course, the zebra's are in full protect mode for him.  Maybe not for second year QB's, but for Brady, oh yes.

2 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Patriots play the Chiefs & Texans. We don't. We are both 2-0. And yes I'm serious. This has the chance to be a Cinderella story.

Its going to be extremely tough.  The Texans didn’t look so great against Jacksonville and Andy Reid seems to shart his underwear every time he plays Bill Belichick.  I think the division is out of reach until the Bills show they can be New England

1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

So the defense playing well enough to force the best qb ever into 4 interceptions counts against them somehow? ?

The Bills had to come from behind to win and the Pats moved the ball at will the entire game, like they usually do against the Bills.

Brady throwing 4 INT's in one is the exception, not the rule.