The Final Countdown vs Eye of the Tiger

Teddy KGB

Eye of the Tiger rocks more.  Especially since it will be remembered alongside Rocky which always pumps people up.  

However, when I worked in a bar at last call my manager would always play The Final Countdown.  For that reason, I will always have a special place for it in my heart.

Agree the 2 songs referenced in the OP are horrible.

Just thinking about those songs requires me to cleanse my musical palate. 

For this type of genre, I recommend this:

Sie is der hellste Stern von allen!  

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Yeah...no.  One word.  Rage.

20 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

You woulda caught a beat down dissing eye of the tiger in my neighborhood. 

My boy was drinking egg yolks like Rocky in the 80’s ???

Maybe.     But you picked the wrong song 

Actually..... you both picked the wrong song.

https://youtu.be/my6bfA14vMQ

• Like (+1) 1

When my daughter was living in the college dorm, the guy in the room next to hers would play Eye of the Tiger all day and at a loud volume. He did this for the entire semester that she lived next to him. People in the dorm politely asked him to turn it down, and he just kept doing it. Needless to say, my daughter hates that song. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

When my daughter was living in the college dorm, the guy in the room next to hers would play Eye of the Tiger all day and at a loud volume. He did this for the entire semester that she lived next to him. People in the dorm politely asked him to turn it down, and he just kept doing it. Needless to say, my daughter hates that song. 

that was the better part of male residence, you'd find a way to get him to turn it down, beating him to a pulp would be the last resort

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Actually..... you both picked the wrong song.

https://youtu.be/my6bfA14vMQ

While I disagree with Freedom as a pump up song because it has so much "slow" time in it.  Bulls on Parade, along with plenty of others would be a fine choice.  I'll even add to it some Audioslave ones...Gasoline anyone?  I can get pumped by Zack or Chris, no problem.

Edited by Mark80

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Agree the 2 songs referenced in the OP are horrible.

Just thinking about those songs requires me to cleanse my musical palate. 

For this type of genre, I recommend this:

Sie is der hellste Stern von allen!  

Wrong and ^^^ is trash.      Keep this confined to Germany please 

5 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Ugh. 

I had a neighbor in college who played DiVinyls "I Touch Myself" for about 13 straight hours on a loop - which amounts to some 200 times in a row.  I haven't even listened to any songs I like two hundred times.  I didn't know you could listen to a tape 200 times without wearing it out.  But damn it, she did.  

And I'm not going to say it's the root cause of my mental illness...but damn it, I can't prove it's not.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Ugh. 

I had a neighbor in college who played DiVinyls "I Touch Myself" for about 13 straight hours on a loop - which amounts to some 200 times in a row.  I haven't even listened to any songs I like two hundred times.  I didn't know you could listen to a tape 200 times without wearing it out.  But damn it, she did.  

And I'm not going to say it's the root cause of my mental illness...but damn it, I can't prove it's not.

Did she?