Jim Rome: The New Kings of New York

John Gianelli

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Another triggered Rogan fan. Knew you "enlightened libertarian centrists" would be fish in a barrel. :nana:

Nothing epic about giving that ahole another platform.

Hmmmm...you use the words “triggered” and “platform”...I think we all know where you come from...?

4 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

Who is joe Rogan? ..   never heard of him.. but Rome is Rome. .who really gives a S.. what he thinks.. or Joe rogan, for that matter..Listen... or not.. 

Rogan: I listened a few times. As some people said of Paul Ryan, he’s a dumb person’s idea of a smart person. And sorry, Rome was always insufferable with his cadre of Rome imitator callers doing his shtick. He got some traction nationwide in the 90s, but as sports radio (hell, radio in general) retreats into a small niche market of Guys Who Spend Too Much Time On The Road, he’s thankfully become irrelevant. But hey, thanks for “liking” the Bills even if it’s just an excuse for riffing on the ineptitude of the NJ teams. 

I like Joe Rogan, as well as Vic Berger and all of the "woke" new age comedians that dunk on Rogan for having had alt-right guests in the past (and extremely liberal guests, but it doesn't fit the narrative), which is likely what is fueling these virtue signaling nerds that are on a crusade against him now. Rogan can be an oaf that repeats and contradicts himself regularly, but he also talks to some extremely interesting people.

I like small doses of Jim Rome too, maybe I just have terrible taste.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2

Rome, like all radio shows, vary a lot in their quality, not just day to day but topic to topic even.  Rome has had me cracking up many times, though I never listen to him anymore.

Schopp is another example, if he's in a good mood and doesn't get weird he can be enjoyable, Bulldog is more consistent.  Some shows are great and some I can't tolerate at all.

Ton of variation in radio.