Jim Rome: The New Kings of New York

John Gianelli

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, todzilla said:

If it helps, you both sound like 15 year olds going back and forth in the cafeteria. 

It's true. I never feel good after something like this.  I just now even before reading this thought about deleting my account.  Maybe I'll just be a lurker.  I spend too much time on here anyways.  I am laughing pretty hard right now though at the ridiculousness of the situation.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As the saying goes, Fighting on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics, even if you win youre still ######ed.

Look at the pathetic tool over here looking for attention...lol, thinks he's edgy, but nope, just a dbag

46 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Difference of opinions.  In the 90's the show was mainly callers and there were a ton of inside jokes that made it fun to listen too.  If you didn't listen to him back then, then you would have no idea.  The show progressed to the point where they basically didn't take callers anymore.  I stopped listening over 10 years ago but imo the show was great in the late 90's when I was listening to it.  "Certainly Duke is Duke, they're on TV more than, Leave it to Beava, re-runs."

I stopped listening a bit before you did. He actually was capable of pretty good interviews (despite the “Chris Everett” thing, which made him look like Dick Rome). He also had a classic line when the Williams sisters (a/k/a Predator sisters)  announced they were going to spend less time on tennis, and more time on  their clothing designs. “That’s good news for strippers and hookers everywhere!” Yeah, I’m not a Serena fan. 

He got away from interviews to lean more heavily on his shtick stuff. I turned him off one day when he was playing the donkey noise for what seemed like forever. I had to walk across my office to turn him off, and never turned him on again. I didn’t know he was still on the planet until very recently. 

I believe the Duke is Duke thing was a Pete Gillan’s quote, and that was funny. 

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Jim Rome like everything else was amazing in the 90's and has progressively gotten worse, like everything else.

i enjoyed the days when i had a supercushy CFO job and could listen to Jim and the Fabulous Sports Babe and Rush in the afternoon with full attention

• Like (+1) 2