How would you rank the QBs of the 2018 NFL draft today in hindsight?

1 minute ago, brianb386 said:

I don't even know anymore, Lamar not sucking has me all out of sorts.

It's not sustainable imo. He's still a one read Greg Roman QB and they all get figured out eventually. Time will tell on Jackson but I think he's going to struggle down the stretch.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I look at this group in both long and short term. In the short term Baker & Lamar will outperform the rest. But in the long term I see Josh & Sam having the best career.  I can't see Baker/ Lamar sustaining this over many years. Rosen & Rudolph will be backups with Rosen leaving first.

Rudolph may become a starter.  Will be interesting to see.  

I've been impressed with the positive changes to Jackson and Allen this year in terms of throwing ability.  

1 hour ago, tumaro02 said:

I guess you are giving Mayfield a pass on his only performance this year? 3 picks, 64.0 rating, 5 sacks, 0-1 record. You have him ranked #1? Did that not happen or are you going back to last year's performance? Interesting.

All of these QBs are completely different after a full off-season. Last year the trolls trashed the Bills for not taking Rosen. They trashed  Allen for his accuracy. Now a year later the Rosenites who claimed to know exactly who the Bills should have drafted are quiet and have gone underground, The Allen accuracy bashers are deleting tweets by the thousands and things are different.

Putting Mayfield #1 discounts his poor performance in Week 1 and all the changes in the other QBs during the off-season. Jackson has been fantastic for sure.

I think each team got the right QB for their franchise (including Rosen). I would not trade Allen for Mayfield, Jackson, Darnold, or the rest. His floor is higher than anyone predicted and his ceiling is too.

But he/she appears to give a lot of credit to Lamar after his two performances this year.

Also agree with not trading Allen, he in fact does have the highest ceiling of them all.  

They all get an incomplete grade from me in terms of just how good they'll be.  I think Allen is progressing as is Jackson.  They have the benefit of more table coaching regimes around them, and they each have decent O lines in front of them with some decent receivers.  Mayfield and Darnold should be OK.  Mayfield will suffer from having a completely inexperienced HC and a very suspect O line, plus a man child at WR who despite being very talented would rather draw attention to himself wearing $100,000 watches to play football.  Darnold's O line is suspect, he just lost a key WR, and his HC is a basket case.  And you just have to feel sorry for Rosen.

I think Allen, Jackson, Darnold, and Mayfield will have long careers, maybe not elite but long.  I think Rosen may say the hell with football after this season.

Objectively, Allen is 1.  I don’t think that’s my inner homer talking.  Seriously - if any of us had the 1st pick in that draft now, would we take anyone BUT Allen?

I still think Darnold has a bright future.  Obviously, Lamar and Mayfield both have a ton of talent.  Equally obviously, we did not take the “wrong Josh.”

I just don’t see another guy with Allen’s upside.  He is the most skilled, and has every intangible you want in a QB.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good question!  It's still a bit early for this, but I would probably put them like this:

1)  Mayfield

tie for 2nd:  Jackson/Allen

4)  Darnold

5)  Rosen

6)  Everyone else

Couple comments/thoughts:  -not worried about Mayfield (yet).  it was just one game and he has a whole year of playing pretty awesome.  

-I think Darnold will end up being pretty good as well.  I'm not too sure about his ceiling, but I think his floor is pretty high.

-To date, there appears to only have been one bad choice for QB in the first round.. and that's Rosen.  But he still has plenty of time to change that perception.  He may not get the chance to in Miami though, they look so inept that no one would look good there.  

-Everyone else (including Rudolph) is ranked down there because there isn't a big enough sample size.  We will, obviously, have a better idea of where Rudolph falls after this year.  I'm also curious about how Lauletta will fare, if he ever gets a chance.  He looked alright with the Giants in the preseason this year, was surprised to see him cut for the trick shot guy, Alex Tanney  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I thought Allen would be great and Lamar would suck so my stupidity evens out.

I liked all 5 of the QBs (I didn’t have Rudolph in that mix). Rosen and Baker were my two favorites coming in. I was mad when we took Allen instead of Rosen so not saying I was right. It’s the people that were positive Allen and/or Lamar would suck that are still digging in that look like idiots. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A spin-off question, “which group of people are worse, those that were positive Allen would suck or those that were positive Lamar would suck?” They both look like idiots at the moment. 

If you take out the term "positive" than I would say neither,   As far as I am concerned the jury is still out on both, way too early.