New Antonio Brown Article

YoloinOhio

AB is the hand grenade and the Patriots are the enclosed space.  

I mean good for the Patriots.  They were complete fools to give this guy a contract.  There is no amount of process or locker room personality that's going to fix that guy.  

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

I learned a long time ago not to hold athletes to any moral standard.

Boston sports fans come out of the womb with this idea imprinted in their DNA. Not a surprise coming from a Pats fan but it's pretty disgusting. 

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

If he is good for the team and helps them win sure why not. Like I said. I could give a rats behind how he is as a person. I dont know him

When Kraft sold his soul to the devil it must have been a package deal.

It would likely never happen, but I think it would be pretty effing awesome if a group of Pats* starters got together and told BB and Kraft that, "if AB suits up, we will not be."  Of course, that kind of "standing up for what you believe," behavior has been successfully deterred.  But I think it would be great.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dpberr said:

AB is the hand grenade and the Patriots are the enclosed space.  

I mean good for the Patriots.  They were complete fools to give this guy a contract.  There is no amount of process or locker room personality that's going to fix that guy.  

I think they’ll be fine

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It would likely never happen, but I think it would be pretty effing awesome if a group of Pats* starters got together and told BB and Kraft that, "if AB suits up, we will not be."  Of course, that kind of "standing up for what you believe," behavior has been successfully deterred.  But I think it would be great.

if ab plays they are a better team and win more. winning more means getting paid more. theyd be only hurting their own paychecks

Just now, aristocrat said:

if ab plays they are a better team and win more. winning more means getting paid more. theyd be only hurting their own paychecks

I realize all of that.

That's a big part of why players standing up for what's right would be so significant.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'd say they're playing chicken with the league. If they suspend/fine AB he's done there but If the league does it he not only won't count against the 53 but If he somehow weathers this shitstorm they can say "hey we were on your side the whole time keep playing here."

Can this guy just go away already

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

It worked with Hernandez. They should ignore all red flags as long he’s making plays.how could they ever know that these guys are psychopaths? Not like there are any signs

Didn’t they stand by Hernandez pretty much until he was arrested? They don’t have a very good track record of being the leagues “moral compass.”

:lol:

“I know there are questions about Antonio,” Belichick told reporters. “We take all the situations with our team very seriously, and there are some things that we’re looking into.

But I’m not going to have any comments on the off-the-field situations or questions on that. Anything on football, I’d be happy to answer.”

Asked if the off-the-field allegations complicate his ability to coach Brown, Belichick said, “When we work on football, we work on football.”

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I disagree.  The absolute wisest thing to do, as HC/GM, is to be dismissive and evasive.

you mean like the Bills GM who told us

1.  he didn't know Rex was going to be fired

2.  he was not consulted on it, his opinion was never asked for

3.  he just found out Rex was fired at the press conference

4.  he has no opinion on the matter at all

Edited by row_33

Just now, row_33 said:

you mean like the Bills GM who told us

1.  he didn't know Rex was going to be fired

2.  he was not consulted on it, his opinion was never asked for

3.  he just found out Rex was fired at the press conference

4.  he has no opinion on the matter at ll

The crappy Bills owner threw the GM to the wolves, there.  That was not a great Bills moment.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The crappy Bills owner threw the GM to the wolves, there.  That was not a great Bills moment.

no argument there

i have not met a bureaucrat or fraudster or psychopath who could have dreamed of standing there talking like he did....

• Haha (+1) 1