New Antonio Brown Article

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, chris heff said:

Were the circumstances by which Brown became a free agent orchestrated? Does his behavior constitute fraud? Was this planned by he and Rosenhaus? When did Rosenhaus first reach out to the Patriots? If I’m any NFL owner not named Kraft, I’d like to know the answers to those questions.

I think, given the history of the Patriots, those are all legitimate questions and should be answered. However, as much as I despise the Patriots, I still want those answers before making any assumptions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From what ABs stepfather said I wouldn't be 100% sure his family would cover for him

Still, it's NE so he'll be fine, they will be unstoppable and win the Superbowl and rub it in everyone's faces again.

But Mahomes will be MVP baby! 

Lol... I thought I couldn't hate NE any more than I already did... How can that team keep going on forever?! 

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

And why aren’t the other owners up in arms? I believe Brown and his agent orchestrated the whole thing. This could be a template for star players. 

Because there's no hard evidence that the Pats actually colluded with Brown to pull this off?   Aside from speculation about the speed of the contract settlement, there's nothing to link the Pats to Brown's actions in Oakland.

Moreover, I think a lot of teams simply aren't -- and never were -- interested in bringing in Brown because of his actions both in Pittsburgh last season and with Oakland.  Now, with the civil suit against Brown, they have even less interest in Brown --- and some are probably thinking that maybe Kraft and Belichick have finally outsmarted themselves if the NFL investigation leads to Brown being unable to play until the lawsuit is settled.

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

From what ABs stepfather said I wouldn't be 100% sure his family would cover for him

Still, it's NE so he'll be fine, they will be unstoppable and win the Superbowl and rub it in everyone's faces again.

But Mahomes will be MVP baby! 

Lol... I thought I couldn't hate NE any more than I already did... How can that team keep going on forever?! 

My understanding is AB and his stepdad hanent seen each other since he was 15.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I am more interested how AB ended up on the Patriots roster hours after  being waived. The whole situation smells

The latest episode is just a Bill Belichick diversion to me...

It's been said by some people in the media that AB was the smartest guy one room meaning he played the NFL & the Raiders both initially wanting to go to the Pats needing a way to get out of the Steelers camp so he made a ruckus in order to get out there & still got paid .

Then just doing the same thing with the Raiders not really wanting to be there causing as much of a disturbance as he could to get thrown out of there & knowing with the communication of his agent Rosehaus that the Pats were interested making enough noise to get tossed .

Now he's where he wanted to be all along . In theory i'm thinking they could be right & he just made the Steelers, Raiders & the NFL look like jack asses ! If he is a model team mate now then i would believe it to be true ...

38 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Were the circumstances by which Brown became a free agent orchestrated? Does his behavior constitute fraud? Was this planned by he and Rosenhaus? When did Rosenhaus first reach out to the Patriots? If I’m any NFL owner not named Kraft, I’d like to know the answers to those questions.

Well, you're not an owner and given the spasmodic nature of your inquire, you need a serious time out.

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Fact is Brown was free to sign with any team he wanted.

That he was officially released at 4:15 and signed by the Patriots within minutes makes the NFL look like a deer in headlights. But that's how it works.   

Hard to believe that all of this happened in a really short period of time, including negotiating and writing a contract.  If there was ever a smoking gun to investigate tampering, this would be the one to look at.  Add this to the AB circus surrounding the sexual assault investigation and it makes me very glad that the Bills didn't end up with this guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Most owners and GMs:  “We’re not touching AB with a ten foot pole!”

RK: “This will take their minds off the Orchids of Asia Day Spa, and give BB and TB#12 a nice gift!”

Don't you mean give BB and TB#12 a 'Happy Ending' ?

Edited by I am the egg man

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am more interested how AB ended up on the Patriots roster hours after  being waived. The whole situation smells

The latest episode is just a Bill Belichick diversion to me...

I agree, there had to be some kind of tampering to get a player who was released signed in 1hour. If Brown had no idea he was being released how the hell did the Patriots get on this before anyone else. This just looks really bad.