New Antonio Brown Article

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I would hope the pool of players that have such little respect for themselves, others, and the game to intentionally do something like that is small.

That may be true, but how would you feel if the Bills were bilked out of draft picks like the a Raiders have been? By your logic that would be like saying because most people aren’t criminals we should ignore crime.

7 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

I hope after Monday this is the case and he eventually gets suspended.

Would love to see the pats****** have to pay him without being able to play him!

....shouldn't there actually be TWO investigations?.......the sexual assault one (which is a civil matter and may not have legs) and the alleged personal conduct violation of threatening Mayock with physical violence?..........

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, chris heff said:

And why aren’t the other owners up in arms? I believe Brown and his agent orchestrated the whole thing. This could be a template for star players. 

Fact is Brown was free to sign with any team he wanted.

That he was officially released at 4:15 and signed by the Patriots within minutes makes the NFL look like a deer in headlights. But that's how it works.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....shouldn't there actually be TWO investigations?.......the sexual assault one (which is a civil matter and may not have legs) and the alleged personal conduct violation of threatening Mayock with physical violence?..........

Should be, as I stated in a different thread, but this is the NFL we are talking about.

I don't get it, threaten your GM, NBD, go play for the champs...  WTF?!?

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

That he was officially released at 4:15 and signed by the Patriots within minutes makes the NFL look like a deer in headlights. But that's how it works.   

Here is a question. When a player is signed off the street, is is just between the agent and the team or is the NFL involved in some capacity before the signing? In other words when is the NFL made aware of the acquisition?

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

THREE investigations...........the 3rd being tampering by the Pats **

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

Here is a question. When a player is signed off the street, is is just between the agent and the team or is the NFL involved in some capacity before the signing? In other words when is the NFL made aware of the acquisition?

All contracts have to be submitted to the league office for review. Not sure of the timing. 

Signing players off the street ? Sounds like an ESPN docudrama.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Most owners and GMs:  “We’re not touching AB with a ten foot pole!”

RK:  “This will take their minds off the Orchids of Asia Day Spa, and give BB and TB#12 a nice gift!”

As they say, Buyer was motivated.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, chris heff said:

That may be true, but how would you feel if the Bills were bilked out of draft picks like the a Raiders have been? By your logic that would be like saying because most people aren’t criminals we should ignore crime.

I'm not sure you understand the concept of an analogy, as the one you provided doesn't even come close to representing my "logic.". You stated what Brown did (which is just an assumption on your part as I haven't seen any evidence) would become a template for othe players. I stated my belief is that it would be a very small percentage of players would actually do something like that.

I never said the ones that do should not be punished.

A more accurate analogy of my logic would be to say because someone got away with murder, people who have no propensity to act in that way would not start using what he or she did as a template to commit murder and get away with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Were the circumstances by which Brown became a free agent orchestrated? Does his behavior constitute fraud? Was this planned by he and Rosenhaus? When did Rosenhaus first reach out to the Patriots? If I’m any NFL owner not named Kraft, I’d like to know the answers to those questions.

38 minutes ago, ALF said:

If they are close he won't testify against AB

Hmmm a rookie in NFL and NFL wants to talk to him about something other than him. Yeah he is gonna sing. Doesn’t want to lie to employer or coverup for someone to your employer 

• Like (+1) 1