Comments From Fellow Bills Fans That Drives You Crazy

7 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

"Trap Game."

"Need to run the ball more"

"Need to pass the ball more"

"Activate Duke Williams b.c I saw him catch a pass in practice."

"Anything that has the word Patriots in it "

Actually that will end when Beane and McDermott get fired b.c it was those guys faults.

:beer:

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes. But I think the reason it keeps coming back is the utter refusal of some people to admit, that in retrospect, with 20-20 hindsight, blah, blah, blah, OBVIOUSLY we would have been better off drafting Mahomes.

Great. It's completely unproductive and unhealthy.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

"Trap Game."

"Need to run the ball more"

"Need to pass the ball more"

"Activate Duke Williams b.c I saw him catch a pass in practice."

"Anything that has the word Patriots in it "

Actually that will end when Beane and McDermott get fired b.c it was those guys faults.

I'll accept "trap game" as a shorthand for:

- My team is a good team

- My team is playing a good team in Week 1, then a bad team in Week 2, then another good team in Week 3.

- Hence, the Week 2 game is a "trap game."

But it certainly doesn't apply when you are playing the Bengals after playing the Giants, and when you are the Bills (at least not yet ... let's wait a few more weeks before we proclaim the Bills to be in that "good team" status)

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'll accept "trap game" as a shorthand for:

- My team is a good team

- My team is playing a good team in Week 1, then a bad team in Week 2, then another good team in Week 3.

- Hence, the Week 2 game is a "trap game."

But it certainly doesn't apply when you are playing the Bengals after playing the Giants, and when you are the Bills (at least not yet ... let's wait a few more weeks before we proclaim the Bills to be in that "good team" status)

Actually that has been proven false. I think the win difference is 2% so it means nothing.

Edited by Boca BIlls

6 hours ago, WhoTom said:

McD is too conservative, plays not to lose, is Jauron 2.0, etc.

1 hour ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Sorry you hate hearing it, but he did it again today before half.

He also went for a two-point conversion in the first half. If he hadn't, it's only a 3-point game near the end and Cinci was in FG range. We could have lost in OT. One could argue that he knows when to be aggressive and when not to. And sorry you hate hearing it but, "They won, so stop being critical."   ?

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Actually that has been proven false. I think the win difference is 2% so it means nothing.

Interesting. And not really surprising. I think it's called the Narrative Fallacy. The underdog a significant percentage of the time, but when the underdog wins a "trap game" we ascribe it to the better team suffering a "letdown" or "overlooking" the opponent that week.

11 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

He also went for a two-point conversion in the first half. If he hadn't, it's only a 3-point game near the end and Cinci was in FG range. We could have lost in OT. One could argue that he knows when to be aggressive and when not to. And sorry you hate hearing it but, "They won, so stop being critical."   ?

The 2-point conversion was smart ... it may be (barely) statistically smart just in general, even from the 2 yard line, so you only need a slightly greater chance of succeeding from the 1 to make it a no-brainer. And it paid off handsomely.

• Thank you (+1) 1

i think that its bs when ppl try to downplay our victories.....

This team has been so bad for so long to try to say our 3 wins vs zero losses are not legit because the teams we beat have losing records.....its irritating because they are trying to set up a "well if they are only good if they beat the patriots" even though the patriots are dicing up the rest of the league right now......

HOW GOOD THIS TEAM IS NOT DICTATED ON WHETHER WE BEAT THE PATRIOTS......so stop trying to make it so.  THat means that all the rest of the teams in the league also suck.

And if we beat the pats on Sunday?   We still have a bunch of games left to play.......this team is fresh off a full blown rebiuld....they are now a talented team with a young QB finding their way.

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

i think that its bs when ppl try to downplay our victories.....

This team has been so bad for so long to try to say our 3 wins vs zero losses are not legit because the teams we beat have losing records.....its irritating because they are trying to set up a "well if they are only good if they beat the patriots" even though the patriots are dicing up the rest of the league right now......

HOW GOOD THIS TEAM IS NOT DICTATED ON WHETHER WE BEAT THE PATRIOTS......so stop trying to make it so.  THat means that all the rest of the teams in the league also suck.

And if we beat the pats on Sunday?   We still have a bunch of games left to play.......this team is fresh off a full blown rebiuld....they are now a talented team with a young QB finding their way.

they made the playoffs 2 seasons ago

On 9/16/2019 at 12:32 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

The Mahomes ***** is tiring.

Yeah, no one from Chicago or the other QB needy teams at the time raises their hand and says,  "hi."  According to the nationals we are the only pathetic "Billsy" team that missed that opportunity.

"Pathetic loser Bills and their fans!  One of the worst teams in the NFL!  How can they live with their 42-42 record over the last six years...wait, what?"

Sorry if slightly off topic, but it bugs me, too.  Even though I wanted Mahomes.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

On 9/22/2019 at 7:35 AM, Distorted One said:

You're just a dikkkk, man.  Are you naturally this condescending to everyone or do you have to practice?

On 9/22/2019 at 8:09 AM, Distorted One said:

Anything about Mahomes.  As another poster said, it's the definition of "kicking a dead horse."  time payoff.  So let's just move on already.

To any idiot that thinks Patrick Mahomes in just year 3 of his career is a "dead horse" subject now as far as the McDermott regime is concerned?  Yeah I'm going to be condescending to that level of illogic.    It's going to have to play out for a while before the path not taken becomes immaterial........ even if it hurts your feelings to hear about it.:cry:

My suggestion to you is get a thicker skin.   You won't last here wearing your tender heart on your sleeve like that sweetheart.    You'll have a tantrum and get banned.   Seen it before.    The most pusillanimous are the most prone to melt downs.

• Like (+1) 1